FirstService Residential
View all FirstService Residential reviews

FirstService Residential

FirstService Residential Employee Review

Great Team to Work with

Great team to work with, lots of collaboration and autonomy to do your job. Support is there If you need it but they don't micro manage.Opportunities to advance and better your position are there if you want to take advantage of them.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

Hours required to make it all happen

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same location

Property Managers are arrogant and inexperienced.

If you're a new property manager this is the place for you. Senior pm's are arrogant and need to move on. Gossip is ramped amongst downtown managers and circulating support staff. I believe the ceo of the Vancouver branch is trying to run a tight ship but there are so many unprofessional and inexperienced staff under him, I believe it's impossible. Zero, flexibility and zero support from senior pm's. It's too bad because occasionally they hire a great pm but they do not stay long once they realize what a bleep show this company is and how poorly run it is. Smoke and mirrors .....

Life is work!

Specifically regarding the finance team:No work life balanceExpected to work on all vacation daysLow payMicro managementNo encouragementStressfulThere is no sense of team / belongingWork allocation is done without consenting with employees, if management feels that the job can be done, IT HAS TO BE DONE!Some employees are visibly stressed and managers simply ignore this and focus on workEmployees are expected to work on weekends and vacation daysThe managers and top management have a career path and promotions, the rest are headcountsTraining is a joke. Who can sit and listen for 4-5 hours continuously and learn?No process documents to refer to, every accountant has a different approach towards work - creating ambiguity most of the timeThe mid year and year end appraisals are formalities - managers and top management like to get through it ASAP

Underwhelming

Disillusioned by what I thought the company would offer, ultimately let down. Did not have access to FSR university training within the first two weeks of on-boarding, excluded from learning experiences, and my manager had relational aggression towards me that I found unbearable. Expect to work 7 days a week and can’t have a discussion about this with my manager, who is managing broker. I suppose this place has a great facade

Pros

Thought it would be good

Cons

Co-workers will repeat what you say to others

– 13 September 2022
Hello, it sounds like we had some misses during your onboarding that we can learn from. We appreciate you sharing these so that we can improve in the future. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement