FirstService Residential
Coronavirus update
Information from FirstService Residential:

FirstService Residential Employee Reviews

Canada109 reviews
Management was absent, inter office communication wasn't exactly great...The admin pool was an amazing group, its property management and I think everyone was stretched a bit thin.Generally it was promised to be amazing and if it lived up to the hype it would have been amazing...it didn't live yp to the hype though HR really tried.
Pros
Great office.
Cons
Management was terrible, trainning was disorganized, stability was rare.
The Company have many location across Vancouver and manage by a professional and full commentary system, The connections between managers and employee is very effected and friendly, The most important the relation with tenant and vendors are fair and good
If you have a good manager it’s a great workplace. Sometimes the manager is unqualified and doesn’t know what they’re doing, and then you suffer. It also depends on your building residents, to a lesser degree.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Inconsistent management
I Highly Do Not Recommend Working Here, The Whole Company Is Mixed Up, The People Who Works Are The Bad People But The People Who Dont Do Nothing Get A Pat On The Back EVERYTIME!
Really bad experience : Managers treat employees like slaves as full of negtive comments and no appreciation to employees, always add new tasks without careful thinking. No good reviewing work on emloyees doing, no purpose to really improve employees instead finding excuses to lay off employees. Employees are underpay and afraid of laying off often.
Your experience depends on what community manager you work under. Most are great but the hourly pay varies wildly and unfairly. Daytime workers make more than evening workers despite a heavier workload in the evening (evening shifts have the same duties as the daytime ones in addition to also having to clean thoroughly).
it was a tough task at hand due to my circumstances at the time, the management was hard to work with and the hours were not steady or flexible to my situation
FSR is my first company that I had started working with. I always feel secure while working in this company. I learn a lot of skills during work and my training manager and supervisor always help me. I never had any kind of stress on my mind while working with FSR, because everyone is helpful and coperative.
I Learned a lot about the industry through great managers. Now that I am a manager myself I am putting into practice a lot of the things that I learned there so I would say as a first job it is a great place to start but as you desire to to become independent it is best to seek work elsewhere
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FirstService Residential?
Good work environment Very supportive office Learning opportunities No suitable shift No benefit CCTV camera To much questions answered People complaint any time
Top heavy organization with little room to advance. They hire underqualified employees to keep them longer, which slows the progression of the organization. Not much changed in the years I worked there. People who work there are all really great, but the upper management doesn't live up to the core values they espouse.
I've enjoyed working for First Service because i personally like cleaning so its not a herd job for me and also have a really good schedule 7:00 til 3:00 which is perfect for people with other part time jobs or school courses
My position dealt directly with 13 different Boards of residential condominium corporations. Regularly, work days could last 10-12 hours. Excellent team of fellow employees.
Opportunity employer with great values and culture. I did not leave here for any reason other than I needed to be based in Toronto more for my daughter as a single mom.
fun place to work, great crew, good management good place to get experience, hours could be tricky sometimes but overall good experience. some sites were cool as well
A typical day of work is very busy but management is nice workplace culture is good I learned to work fast just leave because was a temporary job I recommend this company to work
They have a management team that tries to intimidate you and they are constantly making you feel like you are incompetent and actually insult you. If you get injured you can lose your position. If you go on vacation they get mad and getting a raise is impossible.
Great place to work. Nice people in the condominium complex. Excellent staff. Easy advancement. Time management an asset. Transportation a must. Have a great day.
Great support staff, coworkers are nice and helpful, but its a very tough industry, late nights and long hours required, clients sometimes they can be very demanding
Felt very supportive since day one. Blessed to have 2 professional people assisting in the office in daily operations.A very supportive management team (Regional Director) and the accounting team as well. A very team work vibe. The hardest part was the period for the 1st and 2nd year warranties as the building were newly build. However on the other hand it was very helpful as experience.
I now have a foot/ leg injury largely because of having to pull heavy equipment without proper safety practices. People usually don't last long. There's no incentive to do a great job, especially as a low level cleaner.