FirstService Residential, Ontario

FirstService Residential, Ontario Work-life balance reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Industry leader and Innovator

The company uses technology very well for payment processing and various administrative tasks. This makes the customer facing property management function more effective

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

Salaries are not competitive

Happy to be a part of the team

The management is very supportive and collaborative. You have your independence to work and set your schedule. The whole team has been very supportive and understanding during these unprecedented times. I have been given the opportunity to learn and grow in a matter of a few months.

This is a bad company

I had recently worked for first service residential and it was the worst mistake of my life. It was a very stressful working environment and I had absolutely no training whatsoever and my supervisor was really incompetent. The management does not care about their employees whatsoever and if you would like to file a complaint they do absolutely nothing about it. There is no room for growth and it is a disgraceful place to work at. I would not have survived a day at my site if I did not have previous security experience. Unlike other security companies there is no increased wages or job benefits as well as no union. I barely had any breaks and was constantly working eight hours straight. I regret working for this company. Save yourself the hassle and find somewhere else to work at No matter how desperate you are for money.

Cons

Long hours no breaks always getting yelled at

I don't have a any review

This company good only bachelor life not a family life. Because this company don't have salary increases. Don't have a benefit. Also don't have a job promotion.

A Job that you can follow your pace

Following a check procedure and being preventive, you'll avoid a lot of issues. Considering every single step as if you live there can help giving a better service to all the people living in the complex

Pros

Stablish your own rithm of work

Cons

Management some times don't pay attention to the sites.

Cooperative, team building, training and career advancement

Great place to work because this organization is one of a leading property management company in Ontario with lots of career development opportunity.

Worst of the worst

This company does not want to give you raise , They will give you worst shift for minimum wage, You will see more new workers coming and going. THIS IS FAMOUS FOR DEDUCTING YOUR HOURS/PAY FOR NO REASON. The NEW Canadian.students are looking for any job.

Pros

NO FUTURE. Everyday they will complain about you

Cons

DON"T WAST your time

Great Place to Grow Professionally

I have been with the company for about 5 years. I have been through a lot of changes and upper management configurations. I can say that it get better every time a new change is introduced. The company provides the tools for employees to grow and advancement is there if you want to take advantage of it. If you want to join a company that is working towards building a team aiming for success and you are willing to work to help to achieve that success, then FSR is the company you need to go to.

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

FirstService is a great place to work. I've been here for over a year and really enjoy the culture and people I work with. I highly recommend FS to other people interested in Security jobs.

Career Growth

The best thing about FirstService Residential is the leadership support to grow your career. You can start by working as an hourly associate and become a Property Manager or work your way into different departments like Human Resources, Operations or Administration. These opportunities as well as the leadership team's support has truly allowed me to grow my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential, Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement