FirstService Residential, Ontario

FirstService Residential, Ontario Management reviews

Canada23 reviews
Following a check procedure and being preventive, you'll avoid a lot of issues.

Considering every single step as if you live there can help giving a better service to all the people living in the complex
Pros
Stablish your own rithm of work
Cons
Management some times don't pay attention to the sites.
The management is very supportive and collaborative. You have your independence to work and set your schedule. The whole team has been very supportive and understanding during these unprecedented times. I have been given the opportunity to learn and grow in a matter of a few months.
No one there knows what their role is

The place we govern isn’t even governed properly

Employees are corrupt and will commit time fraud on every whim

Then they’ll weed out anyone else new by sabotaging your hours

Love yourself and find a better job.
Cons
I had recently worked for first service residential and it was the worst mistake of my life. It was a very stressful working environment and I had absolutely no training whatsoever and my supervisor was really incompetent. The management does not care about their employees whatsoever and if you would like to file a complaint they do absolutely nothing about it. There is no room for growth and it is a disgraceful place to work at. I would not have survived a day at my site if I did not have previous security experience. Unlike other security companies there is no increased wages or job benefits as well as no union. I barely had any breaks and was constantly working eight hours straight. I regret working for this company. Save yourself the hassle and find somewhere else to work at No matter how desperate you are for money.
Cons
Long hours no breaks always getting yelled at
Great place to work because this organization is one of a leading property management company in Ontario with lots of career development opportunity.
Prepare to be replaced, without any prior knowledge from First service. extremely unorganized will double book your shift with another guard (not just once!)
Guards are treated as very replaceable, save yourself the hassle of dealing with incompetent management, that will treat you like a number and not a person!
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management
No one knows what they are doing.
Poor Management, and HR doesn't even care.
I saw lots of employees leaving the company because of stress.

I was one of them too. It took me a year to recover after this!!!!!!

Managers are rude and not supportive, really labor board should go after them and maybe there will be discipline in the future...
A company filled with incompetent, improvised Managers and Security teams.
They will bully, harass you and take away money from your pay cheque to pay for uniform cleaning that they won't do in the end and for the so-called "benefits".

They will make you pay for your uniform, as well.

No respect for cleaners, so they hardly last working for them.
Pros
HR lady is really good at her job
Cons
No respect for cleaners.
I really liked working for FSR. But if you have to leave for sometime due to personal or family issues, you’ll lose the job even if you let them know about it. Happened to me, I worked weekends, had no complaints but I had a family emergency so I called to let them know that I couldn’t be going for sometime. They said ok, just to later on get told that I lost the job.
Pros
Good pay for weekends
Cons
They don’t really care about you
Dont be shocked if you walk in to your shift expecting work, and find your position has been given away without your knowledge. This is the norm at First service, they have no loyalty or respect for the workers and youre treated as an expendable employee until youre forced to leave.

objectively one of the worst companies, Ive ever had the displeasure of working with.

BE VERY WARY OF THIS SECURITY COMPANY!
Pros
Cons
No communication between management and workers (Toxic Work Environment)
I have been with the company for about 5 years. I have been through a lot of changes and upper management configurations. I can say that it get better every time a new change is introduced. The company provides the tools for employees to grow and advancement is there if you want to take advantage of it. If you want to join a company that is working towards building a team aiming for success and you are willing to work to help to achieve that success, then FSR is the company you need to go to.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Some managers do not do their best to do their jobs the right way. I got a notice of warning and a write up for letting residents use a fixed elevator and apparently not wearing full uniform even though I was wearing my shirt with a tie and pants with a shoe as well . Got written up because my blazer was on my chair. All my other co workers wore the same thing and nothing happened. I suppose they tend to have issues with students that will later leave them and move on to their professional studies job as in students in accredited colleges and universities.
FSR is one of the biggest industry Leader in Property Management. Our Company takes professionalism to a different level of excellence.
As a Portofolio Property Manager - current employee, I proudly say Thank You to my Executive Regional Director and fearless Leader, also to our Vice President of Operation for their hard work and knowledge. It is a pleasure to be part of this Team.
Great team, supportive management, many growth opportunity, respectful and a lot to learn and develop your knowledge and experience.

Everybody ready to help and listen to any idea you might have.
This is a great place to work because of the fun, collaborative, team atmosphere in both our Support Centre head office out to the sites we manage all over Ontario, as part of the dynamic, growing Property Management and Services industry. We are building a culture of talent development internally in order to deliver service excellence to our clients and we welcome talent who want to learn and grow and change with us. So proud to be a part of this team!
FirstService Residential gave me the opportunity to realize my true passion for Project Management. I love being a part of the FirstService Residential family.
First Service is a very family oriented place to work. Great atmosphere , Great environment to work. It's a company where the Management will not ask to do something they are not willing to do themselves.
Pros
Great, Family enviroment
Cons
Tight Dead lines