FirstService Residential, Ontario

FirstService Residential, Ontario Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
2.8Job security & advancement

I don't have a any review

This company good only bachelor life not a family life. Because this company don't have salary increases. Don't have a benefit. Also don't have a job promotion.

Bad management

I worked with First service residential for 8 months and man they were the worst company I've ever worked with. Management is extremely bossy and treat you like slaves. They would go to any extent for the job getting done by their workers. They pay minimum and you cannot expect for a raise as well. There is plenty of other cleaning companies that would respect your work. Please don't waste your time at First service residential.

Pros

Long breaks

Cons

Management slavery

Happy to be a part of the team

The management is very supportive and collaborative. You have your independence to work and set your schedule. The whole team has been very supportive and understanding during these unprecedented times. I have been given the opportunity to learn and grow in a matter of a few months.

This is a bad company

I had recently worked for first service residential and it was the worst mistake of my life. It was a very stressful working environment and I had absolutely no training whatsoever and my supervisor was really incompetent. The management does not care about their employees whatsoever and if you would like to file a complaint they do absolutely nothing about it. There is no room for growth and it is a disgraceful place to work at. I would not have survived a day at my site if I did not have previous security experience. Unlike other security companies there is no increased wages or job benefits as well as no union. I barely had any breaks and was constantly working eight hours straight. I regret working for this company. Save yourself the hassle and find somewhere else to work at No matter how desperate you are for money.

Cons

Long hours no breaks always getting yelled at

Unprofessional property managers

The property managers are regarded at some sites! At Minto condos there are three FirstService Residential property managers who are unable to manager simple things. The security guards are idiots especially a front desk associate P. At 576 Front Street West who are on the phone 99% time during her work. She even chat with the friends on the phone while speaking to the residents.

Cooperative, team building, training and career advancement

Great place to work because this organization is one of a leading property management company in Ontario with lots of career development opportunity.

Worst of the worst

This company does not want to give you raise , They will give you worst shift for minimum wage, You will see more new workers coming and going. THIS IS FAMOUS FOR DEDUCTING YOUR HOURS/PAY FOR NO REASON. The NEW Canadian.students are looking for any job.

Pros

NO FUTURE. Everyday they will complain about you

Cons

DON"T WAST your time

Great Place to Grow Professionally

I have been with the company for about 5 years. I have been through a lot of changes and upper management configurations. I can say that it get better every time a new change is introduced. The company provides the tools for employees to grow and advancement is there if you want to take advantage of it. If you want to join a company that is working towards building a team aiming for success and you are willing to work to help to achieve that success, then FSR is the company you need to go to.

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

I am proud to work here and be a part of this team

Great team, supportive management, many growth opportunity, respectful and a lot to learn and develop your knowledge and experience. Everybody ready to help and listen to any idea you might have.

FirstService is a great place to work. I've been here for over a year and really enjoy the culture and people I work with. I highly recommend FS to other people interested in Security jobs.

Career Growth

The best thing about FirstService Residential is the leadership support to grow your career. You can start by working as an hourly associate and become a Property Manager or work your way into different departments like Human Resources, Operations or Administration. These opportunities as well as the leadership team's support has truly allowed me to grow my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential, Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement