FirstService Residential, Ontario

Security Guard3 reviews
Canada3 reviews

managementjobworktimeserviceteamplacegreat

This is a bad company

I had recently worked for first service residential and it was the worst mistake of my life. It was a very stressful working environment and I had absolutely no training whatsoever and my supervisor was really incompetent. The management does not care about their employees whatsoever and if you would like to file a complaint they do absolutely nothing about it. There is no room for growth and it is a disgraceful place to work at. I would not have survived a day at my site if I did not have previous security experience. Unlike other security companies there is no increased wages or job benefits as well as no union. I barely had any breaks and was constantly working eight hours straight. I regret working for this company. Save yourself the hassle and find somewhere else to work at No matter how desperate you are for money.

Cons

Long hours no breaks always getting yelled at

Terrible unprofessional security company

Prepare to be replaced, without any prior knowledge from First service. extremely unorganized will double book your shift with another guard (not just once!) Guards are treated as very replaceable, save yourself the hassle of dealing with incompetent management, that will treat you like a number and not a person!

Pros

Cons

Terrible Management

Insights into FirstService Residential, Ontario

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

FirstService is a great place to work. I've been here for over a year and really enjoy the culture and people I work with. I highly recommend FS to other people interested in Security jobs.

Jobs at FirstService Residential, Ontario