FirstService Residential, Ontario logo
FirstService Residential, Ontario

FirstService Residential, Ontario Employee Reviews for Cleaner

2.8Pay & benefits

I liked working here

I really liked working for FSR. But if you have to leave for sometime due to personal or family issues, you’ll lose the job even if you let them know about it. Happened to me, I worked weekends, had no complaints but I had a family emergency so I called to let them know that I couldn’t be going for sometime. They said ok, just to later on get told that I lost the job.

Pros

Good pay for weekends

Cons

They don’t really care about you

A company filled with incompetent, improvised Managers and Security teams.

A company filled with incompetent, improvised Managers and Security teams. They will bully, harass you and take away money from your pay cheque to pay for uniform cleaning that they won't do in the end and for the so-called "benefits". They will make you pay for your uniform, as well. No respect for cleaners, so they hardly last working for them.

Pros

HR lady is really good at her job

Cons

No respect for cleaners.

Former employee

This company has a high turn over rate! Several staff warned me not to accept Over-time they offered and to keep accurate records of your hours worked as they frequently DO NOT PAY for time worked. This was a common complaint amongst the staff. I did indeed find that they stiffed me on my pay. I wrote to HR a few times and they ignored me, even after I took the time to outline and document. I saw what another staffer went through trying to claim for hours worked, the amount of time he spent calling and emailing. Not sure if he was ever compensated. I gave up on my claim, will leave them to Employment Karma. I was not hired in the capacity to which I applied. Such a high turn over in the Janitorial staff that they will funnel anyone into those roles, whether suitable or not. Mis representation of Job title and description, light duty to them is actually "Heavy duty" in the real world. Probably could keep more staff if issues were dealt with promptly and fairly. Beware and on your guard if you choose to work with this conpany - too tricky.

Pros

Other staff

Cons

Too much work for such low pay, not paid for hours worked

Jobs at FirstService Residential, Ontario