FirstService Residential, Ontario Employee Reviews for Cleaner

3.0Job Security & Advancement
A company filled with incompetent, improvised Managers and Security teams.
Heavy Duty Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 July 2018
A company filled with incompetent, improvised Managers and Security teams.
They will bully, harass you and take away money from your pay cheque to pay for uniform cleaning that they won't do in the end and for the so-called "benefits".
They will make you pay for your uniform, as well.
No respect for cleaners, so they hardly last working for them.
Pros
HR lady is really good at her job
Cons
No respect for cleaners.
Former employee
Light Duty Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
This company has a high turn over rate! Several staff warned me not to accept Over-time they offered and to keep accurate records of your hours worked as they frequently DO NOT PAY for time worked. This was a common complaint amongst the staff. I did indeed find that they stiffed me on my pay. I wrote to HR a few times and they ignored me, even after I took the time to outline and document. I saw what another staffer went through trying to claim for hours worked, the amount of time he spent calling and emailing. Not sure if he was ever compensated. I gave up on my claim, will leave them to Employment Karma.

I was not hired in the capacity to which I applied. Such a high turn over in the Janitorial staff that they will funnel anyone into those roles, whether suitable or not. Mis representation of Job title and description, light duty to them is actually "Heavy duty" in the real world.

Probably could keep more staff if issues were dealt with promptly and fairly. Beware and on your guard if you choose to work with this conpany - too tricky.
Pros
Other staff
Cons
Too much work for such low pay, not paid for hours worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential, Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.

FirstService Residential, Ontario Reviews by Location