FirstService Residential, Ontario

FirstService Residential, Ontario Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON13 reviews
Following a check procedure and being preventive, you'll avoid a lot of issues.

Considering every single step as if you live there can help giving a better service to all the people living in the complex
Pros
Stablish your own rithm of work
Cons
Management some times don't pay attention to the sites.
This company good only bachelor life not a family life. Because this company don't have salary increases. Don't have a benefit. Also don't have a job promotion.
The property managers are regarded at some sites! At Minto condos there are three FirstService Residential property managers who are unable to manager simple things. The security guards are idiots especially a front desk associate P. At 576 Front Street West who are on the phone 99% time during her work. She even chat with the friends on the phone while speaking to the residents.
Great place to work because this organization is one of a leading property management company in Ontario with lots of career development opportunity.
Prepare to be replaced, without any prior knowledge from First service. extremely unorganized will double book your shift with another guard (not just once!)
Guards are treated as very replaceable, save yourself the hassle of dealing with incompetent management, that will treat you like a number and not a person!
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management
I really liked working for FSR. But if you have to leave for sometime due to personal or family issues, you’ll lose the job even if you let them know about it. Happened to me, I worked weekends, had no complaints but I had a family emergency so I called to let them know that I couldn’t be going for sometime. They said ok, just to later on get told that I lost the job.
Pros
Good pay for weekends
Cons
They don’t really care about you
Dont be shocked if you walk in to your shift expecting work, and find your position has been given away without your knowledge. This is the norm at First service, they have no loyalty or respect for the workers and youre treated as an expendable employee until youre forced to leave.

objectively one of the worst companies, Ive ever had the displeasure of working with.

BE VERY WARY OF THIS SECURITY COMPANY!
Pros
Cons
No communication between management and workers (Toxic Work Environment)
This company has a high turn over rate! Several staff warned me not to accept Over-time they offered and to keep accurate records of your hours worked as they frequently DO NOT PAY for time worked. This was a common complaint amongst the staff. I did indeed find that they stiffed me on my pay. I wrote to HR a few times and they ignored me, even after I took the time to outline and document. I saw what another staffer went through trying to claim for hours worked, the amount of time he spent calling and emailing. Not sure if he was ever compensated. I gave up on my claim, will leave them to Employment Karma.

I was not hired in the capacity to which I applied. Such a high turn over in the Janitorial staff that they will funnel anyone into those roles, whether suitable or not. Mis representation of Job title and description, light duty to them is actually "Heavy duty" in the real world.

Probably could keep more staff if issues were dealt with promptly and fairly. Beware and on your guard if you choose to work with this conpany - too tricky.
Pros
Other staff
Cons
Too much work for such low pay, not paid for hours worked
I have been with the company for about 5 years. I have been through a lot of changes and upper management configurations. I can say that it get better every time a new change is introduced. The company provides the tools for employees to grow and advancement is there if you want to take advantage of it. If you want to join a company that is working towards building a team aiming for success and you are willing to work to help to achieve that success, then FSR is the company you need to go to.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Great team, supportive management, many growth opportunity, respectful and a lot to learn and develop your knowledge and experience.

Everybody ready to help and listen to any idea you might have.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FirstService Residential, Ontario?
FirstService is a great place to work. I've been here for over a year and really enjoy the culture and people I work with. I highly recommend FS to other people interested in Security jobs.
The best thing about FirstService Residential is the leadership support to grow your career. You can start by working as an hourly associate and become a Property Manager or work your way into different departments like Human Resources, Operations or Administration.

These opportunities as well as the leadership team's support has truly allowed me to grow my career.
First Service is a very family oriented place to work. Great atmosphere , Great environment to work. It's a company where the Management will not ask to do something they are not willing to do themselves.
Pros
Great, Family enviroment
Cons
Tight Dead lines
Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential, Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9