FirstService Residential, Ontario

FirstService Residential, Ontario Employee Reviews

This company good only bachelor life not a family life. Because this company don't have salary increases. Don't have a benefit. Also don't have a job promotion.
I had recently worked for first service residential and it was the worst mistake of my life. It was a very stressful working environment and I had absolutely no training whatsoever and my supervisor was really incompetent. The management does not care about their employees whatsoever and if you would like to file a complaint they do absolutely nothing about it. There is no room for growth and it is a disgraceful place to work at. I would not have survived a day at my site if I did not have previous security experience. Unlike other security companies there is no increased wages or job benefits as well as no union. I barely had any breaks and was constantly working eight hours straight. I regret working for this company. Save yourself the hassle and find somewhere else to work at No matter how desperate you are for money.
Cons
Long hours no breaks always getting yelled at
Following a check procedure and being preventive, you'll avoid a lot of issues.

Considering every single step as if you live there can help giving a better service to all the people living in the complex
Pros
Stablish your own rithm of work
Cons
Management some times don't pay attention to the sites.
The property managers are regarded at some sites! At Minto condos there are three FirstService Residential property managers who are unable to manager simple things. The security guards are idiots especially a front desk associate P. At 576 Front Street West who are on the phone 99% time during her work. She even chat with the friends on the phone while speaking to the residents.
Great place to work because this organization is one of a leading property management company in Ontario with lots of career development opportunity.
Prepare to be replaced, without any prior knowledge from First service. extremely unorganized will double book your shift with another guard (not just once!)
Guards are treated as very replaceable, save yourself the hassle of dealing with incompetent management, that will treat you like a number and not a person!
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management
No one knows what they are doing.
Poor Management, and HR doesn't even care.

I saw lots of employees leaving the company because of stress.

I was one of them too. It took me a year to recover after this!!!!!!

Managers are rude and not supportive, really labor board should go after them and maybe there will be discipline in the future...
This company does not want to give you raise , They will give you worst shift for minimum wage, You will see more new workers coming and going. THIS IS FAMOUS FOR DEDUCTING YOUR HOURS/PAY
FOR NO REASON. The NEW Canadian.students are looking for any job.
Pros
NO FUTURE. Everyday they will complain about you
Cons
DON"T WAST your time
A company filled with incompetent, improvised Managers and Security teams.
They will bully, harass you and take away money from your pay cheque to pay for uniform cleaning that they won't do in the end and for the so-called "benefits".

They will make you pay for your uniform, as well.

No respect for cleaners, so they hardly last working for them.
Pros
HR lady is really good at her job
Cons
No respect for cleaners.
I really liked working for FSR. But if you have to leave for sometime due to personal or family issues, you’ll lose the job even if you let them know about it. Happened to me, I worked weekends, had no complaints but I had a family emergency so I called to let them know that I couldn’t be going for sometime. They said ok, just to later on get told that I lost the job.
Pros
Good pay for weekends
Cons
They don’t really care about you
Dont be shocked if you walk in to your shift expecting work, and find your position has been given away without your knowledge. This is the norm at First service, they have no loyalty or respect for the workers and youre treated as an expendable employee until youre forced to leave.

objectively one of the worst companies, Ive ever had the displeasure of working with.

BE VERY WARY OF THIS SECURITY COMPANY!
Pros
Cons
No communication between management and workers (Toxic Work Environment)
This company has a high turn over rate! Several staff warned me not to accept Over-time they offered and to keep accurate records of your hours worked as they frequently DO NOT PAY for time worked. This was a common complaint amongst the staff. I did indeed find that they stiffed me on my pay. I wrote to HR a few times and they ignored me, even after I took the time to outline and document. I saw what another staffer went through trying to claim for hours worked, the amount of time he spent calling and emailing. Not sure if he was ever compensated. I gave up on my claim, will leave them to Employment Karma.

I was not hired in the capacity to which I applied. Such a high turn over in the Janitorial staff that they will funnel anyone into those roles, whether suitable or not. Mis representation of Job title and description, light duty to them is actually "Heavy duty" in the real world.

Probably could keep more staff if issues were dealt with promptly and fairly. Beware and on your guard if you choose to work with this conpany - too tricky.
Pros
Other staff
Cons
Too much work for such low pay, not paid for hours worked
I have been with the company for about 5 years. I have been through a lot of changes and upper management configurations. I can say that it get better every time a new change is introduced. The company provides the tools for employees to grow and advancement is there if you want to take advantage of it. If you want to join a company that is working towards building a team aiming for success and you are willing to work to help to achieve that success, then FSR is the company you need to go to.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
I liked the challenges everyday the people were great to work with the mangers were great and helped you when ever you need them .the benefits were good.
Pros
good get togathers like christmas
Cons
Some managers do not do their best to do their jobs the right way. I got a notice of warning and a write up for letting residents use a fixed elevator and apparently not wearing full uniform even though I was wearing my shirt with a tie and pants with a shoe as well . Got written up because my blazer was on my chair. All my other co workers wore the same thing and nothing happened. I suppose they tend to have issues with students that will later leave them and move on to their professional studies job as in students in accredited colleges and universities.
FSR is one of the biggest industry Leader in Property Management. Our Company takes professionalism to a different level of excellence.
As a Portofolio Property Manager - current employee, I proudly say Thank You to my Executive Regional Director and fearless Leader, also to our Vice President of Operation for their hard work and knowledge. It is a pleasure to be part of this Team.
Great team, supportive management, many growth opportunity, respectful and a lot to learn and develop your knowledge and experience.

Everybody ready to help and listen to any idea you might have.
This is a great place to work because of the fun, collaborative, team atmosphere in both our Support Centre head office out to the sites we manage all over Ontario, as part of the dynamic, growing Property Management and Services industry. We are building a culture of talent development internally in order to deliver service excellence to our clients and we welcome talent who want to learn and grow and change with us. So proud to be a part of this team!
FirstService is a great place to work. I've been here for over a year and really enjoy the culture and people I work with. I highly recommend FS to other people interested in Security jobs.
The best thing about FirstService Residential is the leadership support to grow your career. You can start by working as an hourly associate and become a Property Manager or work your way into different departments like Human Resources, Operations or Administration.

These opportunities as well as the leadership team's support has truly allowed me to grow my career.
FirstService Residential gave me the opportunity to realize my true passion for Project Management. I love being a part of the FirstService Residential family.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential, Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9