FirstService Residential, Ontario
FirstService Residential, Ontario Employee Review

Unprofessional property managers

9 January 2020
The property managers are regarded at some sites! At Minto condos there are three FirstService Residential property managers who are unable to manager simple things. The security guards are idiots especially a front desk associate P. At 576 Front Street West who are on the phone 99% time during her work. She even chat with the friends on the phone while speaking to the residents.
13 June 2018
Same roleSame location
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
Dont be shocked if you walk in to your shift expecting work, and find your position has been given away without your knowledge. This is the norm at First service, they have no loyalty or respect for the workers and youre treated as an expendable employee until youre forced to leave.

objectively one of the worst companies, Ive ever had the displeasure of working with.

BE VERY WARY OF THIS SECURITY COMPANY!
Pros
Cons
No communication between management and workers (Toxic Work Environment)
6 April 2018
Same role
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) - Downtown
Some managers do not do their best to do their jobs the right way. I got a notice of warning and a write up for letting residents use a fixed elevator and apparently not wearing full uniform even though I was wearing my shirt with a tie and pants with a shoe as well . Got written up because my blazer was on my chair. All my other co workers wore the same thing and nothing happened. I suppose they tend to have issues with students that will later leave them and move on to their professional studies job as in students in accredited colleges and universities.
11 August 2020
Same location
Concierge/Security Guard (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
I had recently worked for first service residential and it was the worst mistake of my life. It was a very stressful working environment and I had absolutely no training whatsoever and my supervisor was really incompetent. The management does not care about their employees whatsoever and if you would like to file a complaint they do absolutely nothing about it. There is no room for growth and it is a disgraceful place to work at. I would not have survived a day at my site if I did not have previous security experience. Unlike other security companies there is no increased wages or job benefits as well as no union. I barely had any breaks and was constantly working eight hours straight. I regret working for this company. Save yourself the hassle and find somewhere else to work at No matter how desperate you are for money.
Cons
Long hours no breaks always getting yelled at
Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential, Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9