FirstService Residential, Ontario Employee Reviews

Terrible Management very unorganized
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
Dont be shocked if you walk in to your shift expecting work, and find your position has been given away without your knowledge. This is the norm at First service, they have no loyalty or respect for the workers and youre treated as an expendable employee until youre forced to leave.

objectively one of the worst companies, Ive ever had the displeasure of working with.

BE VERY WARY OF THIS SECURITY COMPANY!
Pros
Cons
No communication between management and workers (Toxic Work Environment)
Former employee
Light Duty Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
This company has a high turn over rate! Several staff warned me not to accept Over-time they offered and to keep accurate records of your hours worked as they frequently DO NOT PAY for time worked. This was a common complaint amongst the staff. I did indeed find that they stiffed me on my pay. I wrote to HR a few times and they ignored me, even after I took the time to outline and document. I saw what another staffer went through trying to claim for hours worked, the amount of time he spent calling and emailing. Not sure if he was ever compensated. I gave up on my claim, will leave them to Employment Karma.

I was not hired in the capacity to which I applied. Such a high turn over in the Janitorial staff that they will funnel anyone into those roles, whether suitable or not. Mis representation of Job title and description, light duty to them is actually "Heavy duty" in the real world.

Probably could keep more staff if issues were dealt with promptly and fairly. Beware and on your guard if you choose to work with this conpany - too tricky.
Pros
Other staff
Cons
Too much work for such low pay, not paid for hours worked
Great Place to Grow Professionally
Senior Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2018
I have been with the company for about 5 years. I have been through a lot of changes and upper management configurations. I can say that it get better every time a new change is introduced. The company provides the tools for employees to grow and advancement is there if you want to take advantage of it. If you want to join a company that is working towards building a team aiming for success and you are willing to work to help to achieve that success, then FSR is the company you need to go to.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Management issues
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Downtown6 April 2018
Some managers do not do their best to do their jobs the right way. I got a notice of warning and a write up for letting residents use a fixed elevator and apparently not wearing full uniform even though I was wearing my shirt with a tie and pants with a shoe as well . Got written up because my blazer was on my chair. All my other co workers wore the same thing and nothing happened. I suppose they tend to have issues with students that will later leave them and move on to their professional studies job as in students in accredited colleges and universities.
The largest industry Leader/ Great place to work!
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON28 March 2018
FSR is one of the biggest industry Leader in Property Management. Our Company takes professionalism to a different level of excellence.
As a Portofolio Property Manager - current employee, I proudly say Thank You to my Executive Regional Director and fearless Leader, also to our Vice President of Operation for their hard work and knowledge. It is a pleasure to be part of this Team.
I am proud to work here and be a part of this team
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
Great team, supportive management, many growth opportunity, respectful and a lot to learn and develop your knowledge and experience.

Everybody ready to help and listen to any idea you might have.
Great Place to Work!
VP Human Resourcess (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2018
This is a great place to work because of the fun, collaborative, team atmosphere in both our Support Centre head office out to the sites we manage all over Ontario, as part of the dynamic, growing Property Management and Services industry. We are building a culture of talent development internally in order to deliver service excellence to our clients and we welcome talent who want to learn and grow and change with us. So proud to be a part of this team!
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto2 March 2018
FirstService is a great place to work. I've been here for over a year and really enjoy the culture and people I work with. I highly recommend FS to other people interested in Security jobs.
Career Growth
VP Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
The best thing about FirstService Residential is the leadership support to grow your career. You can start by working as an hourly associate and become a Property Manager or work your way into different departments like Human Resources, Operations or Administration.

These opportunities as well as the leadership team's support has truly allowed me to grow my career.
Great Company, Great Team
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2018
FirstService Residential gave me the opportunity to realize my true passion for Project Management. I love being a part of the FirstService Residential family.
Great Place to work
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
First Service is a very family oriented place to work. Great atmosphere , Great environment to work. It's a company where the Management will not ask to do something they are not willing to do themselves.
Pros
Great, Family enviroment
Cons
Tight Dead lines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential, Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.

FirstService Residential, Ontario Reviews by Location