FirstService Residential, British Columbia

FirstService Residential, British Columbia Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
Resourceful management and a great place to work if you are good at managing your time!
Nice work hours if you are a Team Lead. With the option of overtime if you want it!

Good position if you work well independently and are very well organized.

Professional company, awesome staff!
Its fun to work i learned a lot
I have been working at FSR full-time less a year now , Open communication, Great work environment ,Lots of opportunities to grow and develop i recommend to all applicant to try this company..
Pros
Great teams, great management, great corporate culture, great sense of community, strong work ethic
Cons
No cons to report. Have had a great experience
Great place to work!
FSR has been super supportive and a collaborative environment to work in. There's many opportunities to advance in this career field as management is always asking about and supporting our career goals. For individuals that are capable of being responsible and working independently, this is the right job for you!
Pros
Supportive and challenging environment, always learning something new!
Cons
A delay in communications can occur during busy seasons
Fantastic Management
I have worked for FSR for almost a full year now and I have always felt supported by my managers and team. I had no idea what I was doing when I first started and have been guided and taught wonderfully all along the way.
Perfect place who wants to make a career and feel family environment
When you hired you will feel yourself as a member of this amazing family. There is a good and supportive work and family environment inside of the company. Management amazing whenever you need management supporting and take care of workers. If you want to grow inside of company FirstService Residential is perfect place where you can learn more and make a career.
Great Place To Work
I have been with the company for about 2 years and I love working for FSR. This job challenges me and gives me flexible time. There are a lot of opportunities to advance.
Great company culture
I am glad to be a part of the company. Grateful for the team support and the upper management's interest in our professional growth. Relaxed work environment and great company culture.
Amazing culture and competitive fast paced work always keeps you engaged
Working with an amazing group of people is the best part of the day - the team at FirstService is very welcoming , places great emphasis on a good on boarding process and training. The commitment from leadership team to provide a great work environment and culture for the people is evident.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FirstService Residential, British Columbia?
Great opportunity to work in a friendly team
An upper manager take care of the employees and provide support as best as they can.
The company provides training for staff development and personal growth.
10 May 2020
It's great to hear that you're receiving support and development opportunities. Thank you for reviewing us.
Great environment!
Very happy with the company and all the support I receive! Everyone is willing to help each other succeed and grow. Great communication and resources for employees
10 May 2020
Thanks for sharing this review. We're proud of the supportive team environment, and we're grateful to our Associates for contributing to this every day.
Good workplace
I have been with FirstService for many years as working as a Resident manager.
This is a good company with good policies and business rules, both for employees and for customers. Basically everything is very clear and if there is some uncertainty and doubt in the new situation, a team of staff is always available to help.
10 May 2020
Thank you for this feedback on our policies and processes. A benefit of being an established company is having the support in place to create and sustain these best practices, and it's great to hear that you're finding them helpful in your work.
supportive and team oriented environment
Very grateful for such a unique opportunity to work and leave at the Westwyn apartments, professionally managed by First Service residential for over then 17 years. Easy going, collaborative and team oriented environment. I have enjoyed the atmosphere while working here and the amazing office support make it very easy to fit, work and getting through any difficulties.Very proud that in 3 month it is going to be 10 years since I have started here as a building manager and supervise two properties. Yes, I would recommend Firstservice for anyone who wants to start a new career or continue to work in this field.
10 May 2020
Congratulations on your upcoming work anniversary! That's truly amazing. Thank you for being part of the team, and for taking the time to share your experience.
Great Company with Team Approach to providing Management Services
Never a dull moment.
Must be able to multi-task.

Great workplace culture that is reinforced through daily briefings from management.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with the people that work here.
12 May 2020
We definitely agree that there's never a dull moment here! It's an unprecedented time for property management and we're proud to be the leaders in our industry, thanks to the exceptional people in our team.
Collaborative team environment
FirstService has been a joy to work for. Management has made great strides in changing the culture and putting people first. Teams work together respectfully and want the company to succeed and grow. There is opportunities for advancement and the company will help you develop so that these opportunities are available for you.
16 May 2020
Wow! Thank you for reviewing us. It's great to hear about the supportive team and opportunities available to you. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience here.
Great place to work if you like managing your time while keeping up with all the challenges coming up
As an independent worker I really like this building manager position as it allows me to manage my time, my family life, while being there to quickly respond to my tenants needs and questions.
The team is great, very good communication and support when you need it.

I highly recommend this company.
6 May 2020
Thank you for the recommendation. We truly value our building staff as the "face" of our company - thank you for everything you do to support our tenants, residents and owners.
Team and Development focused
After starting a FirstService Residential, I noticed straight away how much the company values teamwork, collaboration, and leadership. With many different departments available to assist with training, the environment is very supportive. The priorities are to develop skills to service the community in the best way. As well, the company has a strong focus in their employees well being on every level and resources and benefits are available to address everyone's needs. The upper management is kind. They've developed a fun atmosphere that is very inclusive. They're uplifting and supportive to the employees. They have an extended period of training unlike anything I've seen elsewhere and they work really hard not to overwhelm new team members to keep good retention and happiness in the workplace. After seeing the many resources available to the teams and the clients, I think FirstService Residential is a great place to work.
16 May 2020
Thank you for sharing your insight into how our different departments collaborate and support each other. We appreciate your review, and your contribution to the success of our company, Councils and Residents.
Best Property Management Company To Work For
I have previously worked at another large property management company for 6 years when I made the switch to FSR 2 years ago and what a HUGE difference ! This is a large company but don't let that fool you. Strata Managers have only 7-8 buildings MAX.. Flexible work environment & relaxed dress code. People here are like family and everyone is ready to support another when they struggle. The management has an open door policy and allow you to operate independently as long as you do the work that we are all required to do as an SM. In other words, you are not micro managed. Your opinion is valued and there are daily get togethers - we call it First Call, where management reviews our core values and how they relate to the work we do. Honestly, I would never look at another company. I found a home where I'm part of a team.
16 May 2020
Thank you for your review. We take pride in providing a supportive team environment where our Strata Managers have the tools they need to be successful and deliver exceptional service to our Councils and Residents. Thank you for being part of our team here.
Great place to work.
Depending on the building you manage/work at, things can be very mellow or can be extremely difficult. Management, for the most part, is excellent, upper management can sometimes be questionable. The company culture promotes collaboration and sharing experiences, but it depends on if others take it seriously or not. Overall, a great place to work that provides a fair salary, and opportunities to advance.
6 May 2020
Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate hearing what's going well, but also what can be improved to ensure that FirstService Residential BC continues to be a great place to work.
Great property management company with lots of support
I enjoy the office environment, friendly co-workers. Lots of flexibility and opportunities to grow. The leadership team and HR are approachable and supportive.
6 May 2020
Thanks for your feedback. Creating and maintaining a friendly and supportive culture is always a key focus, and we really appreciate hearing the positive impact that it has for you and our team.
Great Management Team and Colleagues
Highly recommend if you are serious about pursuing a career in property and strata management, great on boarding and training program you will not find elsewhere. Experienced managers can count on a proactive and approachable management team that is continually striving to provide effective solutions, individual support, efficient internal processes/procedures and continuing education for managers to keep current and progressive in a challenging industry.
16 May 2020
We strongly believe in the importance of professional development opportunities, in line with our value of "Improve It" - thank you for supporting these activities by participating and also sharing via your review. Thank you!
Great Place to Work
FirstService Residential provides a team approach to strata management and follows a great workplace culture. The most difficult aspect is managing volume of email.
12 May 2020
Thank you for this feedback - that's helpful advice about managing email and we can definitely provide some further training on this. Great suggestion.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at FirstService Residential, British Columbia. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4