FirstService Residential, British Columbia

FirstService Residential, British Columbia Employee Reviews

Although the workload is high, it helps that management is supportive and does not micro-manage. Resources are plenty if you want to learn or be trained about a certain task but you can learn at a pace that you feel comfortable in. Time goes fast at work because you never run-out of things to do and because you are allowed to work head down and focus on what you need to do. The company culture feels neutral in the sense that you don't feel out of place. Flexible working environment due to Covid.
Pros
Use of technology in all aspect of work makes it easier to fulfill the job.
Cons
Use of technology at work can be intimidating for individuals who prefer to work the old school way.
Supportive Management team, caring culture, always talking about how we can give excellent customer service and how we can better engage our employees. Employees are respected as an important contributor in the Company's growth. They set you up for success. Senior Management is focused on fostering a good organizational culture, and taking good care of employees.The most enjoyable part of the job is your management lets you work freely within your areas of responsibility - no micro management. The hard part may be the volume of work load which I believe can be reduced by improving work processes and taking full benefits of technology.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home due to Covid
24 September 2020
Thank you for the review! It is nice to hear about your experience, including the support you have received and the culture of the company. Thanks for being part of our team. We appreciate hearing what's going well, but also what can be improved to ensure that FirstService Residential BC continues to be a great place to work.
I enjoyed all of my time working at First Service and would recommend others to work there. Everyone is very friendly and supportive. Management was very supportive. Accounting and Administrative support was excellent. Fun and happy people all around.
24 September 2020
Thank you for this amazing review. We're thrilled to hear about your experience, including the support you have received.
FirstService can give you a lot if you put time and efforts a lot. Coming in the corporative culture is a challenge, but it will pay out full if you listen, pay attention, and be consistent! They will treat you fairly if you prove that you care, meet the deadlines, and be patient with your colleagues.
Pros
Patient in their decisions, no pushing, rushing or criticizing;
Cons
Not found at this time!
17 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review FirstService Residential. We appreciate the feedback and advice for future applicants around how to succeed here. Thank you for contributing to the team.
If you want to continue having any faith in humanity please dont work here. There is little job training and very little room for advancement. They will play lip service to having a great culture but its all fake. Group meetings and team activities are only there to make managers look good, often they have nothing to do with our jobs. They expect you to go "above and beyond" but you are punished for making other employees look bad. Residents can be awful. Prepare to get yelled at for anything and everything. Your expected to pickup after peoples messes constantly. The environment is stressful and hostile.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment, low pay, long hours, stressful, no breaks
21 August 2020
We're sorry to hear of your experience working with us. We take pride in offering industry leading training, and endeavor to promote from within within the division, and into other areas of the company. It sounds as if we didn't meet the mark here and we take this feedback seriously. Thank you for sharing it.
The company is a victim of it's own success. Adding new business but unable to keep up with the recruitment of needed staff. Many of the senior managers are not from the industry therefore don't fully appreciate the workload or associated stress.
Pros
Awesome team spirit
Cons
Long hours and on call
My experience at first service has and continues to be amazing! The upper management genuinely gives me the tools and training I need to succeed! The Senior area managers are always in regular contact with myself and staff giving commendation and hands on training where needed. I can genuinely see myself staying with FirstService and growing with the company.
15 June 2020
Wow! Thank you for this glowing review. We're thrilled to hear about your experience, including the support you have received and your bright future here. Thanks for being part of our team.
I have been working at FSR full-time less a year now , Open communication, Great work environment ,Lots of opportunities to grow and develop i recommend to all applicant to try this company..
Pros
Great teams, great management, great corporate culture, great sense of community, strong work ethic
Cons
No cons to report. Have had a great experience
15 June 2020
Thanks for your review. We take pride in the community and culture here, and each Associate is an important part of that. Thank you for your contribution - it is truly valued.
Nice work hours if you are a Team Lead. With the option of overtime if you want it! Good position if you work well independently and are very well organized. Professional company, awesome staff!
12 June 2020
Thanks for this review. We would agree that our Team Lead roles are ideal for organized, self-motivated people who enjoy a professional environment. Awesome staff is a definitely a highlight, too!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FirstService Residential, British Columbia?
FSR has been super supportive and a collaborative environment to work in. There's many opportunities to advance in this career field as management is always asking about and supporting our career goals. For individuals that are capable of being responsible and working independently, this is the right job for you!
Pros
Supportive and challenging environment, always learning something new!
Cons
A delay in communications can occur during busy seasons
9 June 2020
Thanks for the feedback! There are definitely times when things can get busy, so we appreciate the reminder to focus on communications. It's good to hear that you've found the team to be supportive and collaborative - that's something we take a lot of pride in.
I have worked for FSR for almost a full year now and I have always felt supported by my managers and team. I had no idea what I was doing when I first started and have been guided and taught wonderfully all along the way.
9 June 2020
Congratulations on your one year anniversary! We welcome Associates who are keen to learn, and we have a comprehensive training and onboarding program to support this. Thank you for reviewing us.
When you hired you will feel yourself as a member of this amazing family. There is a good and supportive work and family environment inside of the company. Management amazing whenever you need management supporting and take care of workers. If you want to grow inside of company FirstService Residential is perfect place where you can learn more and make a career.
8 June 2020
Thank you for this glowing review. We really appreciate your feedback about the team and the level of support that you received.
I have been with the company for about 2 years and I love working for FSR. This job challenges me and gives me flexible time. There are a lot of opportunities to advance.
7 June 2020
Our front desk / concierge team is truly the face of our Company to our residents and communities Thank you for this review, and also for being a champion of our values at the desk each day.
I am glad to be a part of the company. Grateful for the team support and the upper management's interest in our professional growth. Relaxed work environment and great company culture.
7 June 2020
Thank you for reviewing us, Professional development is a continual focus for us , and we definitely agree with your feedback about the culture. Thanks, again!
Working with an amazing group of people is the best part of the day - the team at FirstService is very welcoming , places great emphasis on a good on boarding process and training. The commitment from leadership team to provide a great work environment and culture for the people is evident.
7 June 2020
Thank you for your review. We're most proud of our great team of people, and it's fantastic to hear that you feel the same way.
An upper manager take care of the employees and provide support as best as they can. The company provides training for staff development and personal growth.
10 May 2020
It's great to hear that you're receiving support and development opportunities. Thank you for reviewing us.
Very happy with the company and all the support I receive! Everyone is willing to help each other succeed and grow. Great communication and resources for employees
10 May 2020
Thanks for sharing this review. We're proud of the supportive team environment, and we're grateful to our Associates for contributing to this every day.
I have been with FirstService for many years as working as a Resident manager. This is a good company with good policies and business rules, both for employees and for customers. Basically everything is very clear and if there is some uncertainty and doubt in the new situation, a team of staff is always available to help.
10 May 2020
Thank you for this feedback on our policies and processes. A benefit of being an established company is having the support in place to create and sustain these best practices, and it's great to hear that you're finding them helpful in your work.
Very grateful for such a unique opportunity to work and leave at the Westwyn apartments, professionally managed by First Service residential for over then 17 years. Easy going, collaborative and team oriented environment. I have enjoyed the atmosphere while working here and the amazing office support make it very easy to fit, work and getting through any difficulties.Very proud that in 3 month it is going to be 10 years since I have started here as a building manager and supervise two properties. Yes, I would recommend Firstservice for anyone who wants to start a new career or continue to work in this field.
10 May 2020
Congratulations on your upcoming work anniversary! That's truly amazing. Thank you for being part of the team, and for taking the time to share your experience.
Never a dull moment. Must be able to multi-task. Great workplace culture that is reinforced through daily briefings from management. Most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with the people that work here.
12 May 2020
We definitely agree that there's never a dull moment here! It's an unprecedented time for property management and we're proud to be the leaders in our industry, thanks to the exceptional people in our team.
FirstService has been a joy to work for. Management has made great strides in changing the culture and putting people first. Teams work together respectfully and want the company to succeed and grow. There is opportunities for advancement and the company will help you develop so that these opportunities are available for you.
16 May 2020
Wow! Thank you for reviewing us. It's great to hear about the supportive team and opportunities available to you. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience here.