FIRSTONTARIO CREDIT UNION Employee Reviews

Financial Institution
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 May 2018
Ontario Credit Union. Reputable Financial Institution. Involved in community and local financial development. Very serious regarding their brand. Guided by a board of directors.
Welcoming and supportive environment
Member Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 April 2018
A typical day changed depending on my role, but I would organize my appointments, research the members current patterns before meeting, speak in depth about their needs and goals, and discuss solutions with them as well as my superiors when needed.
I learned to manage and prioritize my time, meet deadlines while communicating with all necessary parties, and to make cold calls
Pros
Ongoing support and development from management, job security, good employee atmosphere
Cons
Launching changes to the workplace organization without looking at the impact to staff or members
Great co-workers
Member Service Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 March 2018
I'm a team player and this was a great team. I still miss these guys. This was a part time job to supplement my college tuition, and wasn't my dream job, but I have nothing negative to say about this job because of the culture!
Pros
Flexible hours and great co-workers
Cons
Not my dream job.
Don’t waste your time with this one
MSR (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON3 December 2017
Branch managers don’t do their jobs, no coaching provided, no performance feedback.
Only part time positions available. Inefficient Union, not there to do anything but collect fees from part time employees to benefit full time employees. Union rep is a joke, she does nothing to benefit the employees.
Impossible to find assistance to do your job right. Training is minimal and poor at best.
The banking system is prone to error and requires frequent cutting and pasting of information. This allows for frequent errors and lack of customer service.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Terrible experience
Excellent place with good salary and benefits
Application Developer and Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON6 January 2017
A very good company to work with in Stoney creek. Very Nice staff that encourages every day to give best. Hardest part is sometime system is down and we need to work for long hours and not enough specialized resource to find the solution.
Pros
Free BBQs in summer
Cons
Not organised work structure
Sales orientated, financial institution
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Union, ON3 January 2017
Day to day sales targets and product knowledge a must. High turn-over and constant movement within company (including upper management). Can be stressful but has a team player environment.
Bad
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 July 2016
This company has no idea what they are doing. not worth your time, i do not recommend them to any one, they hired me for a branch that wasn't even open and let me go because it wasn't going to be opened. they took three months for the interviewing process
Good place to work for 18 years
Accounting Clerk, Teller, Loan Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 February 2014
I learned a variety of jobs at FirstOntario Credit Union.
Left employment there to move out of the area.
Pros
large Credit Union with lots of opportunity to do other things.
Cons
Hard to get hired full time
Family Business
Technical Writer - Procedures and Documentation (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 November 2012
Culture was like running a family business! A growing company who services and supports the people in the community!
Pros
believed in their community!
Cons
many unions were created within the company which made it difficult to put initiatives into place.