Firstonsite Restoration Employee Reviews

over worked
File Manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 February 2019
over worked for the amount of hours you have in a 8 hour day. Have to take work home to get caught up. Micro managed. ok benefits. nothing is secret there not even HR
Pros
no parking fees
Stay clear
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 April 2018
This is a very poorly managed company. Placing people in positions internally with little to no experience. NO team atmosphere - very clicky. If you are a " sheep" you will fit right in. I would not recommend this company to anyone I know. NO room to advance. Making promises of growth that will never happen. NO raises for years and when they finally offered me one it was a slap inj the face at 15 cents. BOTTOM LINE - STAY AWAY
Overall good experience
Flood Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2018
From what I remember, it was a great time there. There were a few politics that felt unnecessary, and sometimes too much. But the pay was good, I was trusted, the benefits were great for my family.
Productive and fun place to work, really enjoy the staff
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2018
Fantastic company to work for there is a great team oriented energy in the office. Great health benefits and they really seem to care about the employees. Perks of having company vehicle and a gas card. I feel as if the salaries are competitive in the market and that the employees are all treated fairly.
Pros
Company vehicle, health benefits, gas card
Innovative and accommodating company
Junior Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 September 2018
This experience was great.

I was allowed to contribute and voice what was expected of the task at hand. I was given free range of self development and learning.

Technology environment has limited resources. But it produces and has a great work/life balance.
Pros
Visionary
Cons
Slow implementation
Love this Team!
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 January 2019
I'm here on a contract and I've been working with FOS since July 2018. I found them to be supportive, great team players and very helpful and welcoming. I love my team and wish I was a permanent employee.
Great company to work for!
hard work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON18 January 2019
the work is hard in its own although the customer relations are amazing and the people you meet from other cities is also great. personal relationships with everyone is good although pay is low for the amount of work to be done.
working with professional staff
Construction Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2018
overall good experience working with good communicative staff with high experience of construction working on heights, restoration and more etc
Good place to work.
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2018
Emergency cleaning, organize jobs, helping out where ever needed. job also included clean up of natural disaster such as fire, water leakage, sewer backups.
Amazing company to work for
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2018
The manager are constantly considering the employee's well-being. Conversations circulating increases are consistently on the table including tactics or retention.
Pros
Great attitude displayed by the managers
Cons
Lack of direction and structure (policies in place)
Great company
Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 June 2018
This is an amazing company to work for. They treat their employees with respect and you hear about it when you’ve done a good job. Helping restore people’s homes back to their original state is one of the most satisfying types of work there is.
Pros
Hazard pay for any type of hazardous work (confined space, asbestos removal and so on)
Cons
On call shifts
Exciting challenges
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 February 2018
Working at Firsonsite was a very challenging job which I enjoy. But due to the nature of the business the hours can be very long and this is difficult to manage with a healthy home/work balance.
Pros
Challenging
Great Attitude from Management
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Calgary9 March 2018
Managers place the employees first and have a partnership as opposed to taking an authoritative approach. Extensive employee review and calibration involvement providing honest and constructive feedback.
Pros
Great attitude - loyalty towards the employees
Cons
Requires better entergrated communication systems
Excellent company to work for
Branch Admin (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB20 April 2018
Only left this company cause i was moving to Kelowna. Wonderful people to work for and great company. They did alot of restoration and satisfied customers and employees.
Client Relations
CLIENT RELATIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 April 2013
A typical day at work is to plan and negotiate client meetings. For e.g., plan a key account meeting, review presentaition, develop co-op marketing plans, manage budget allocation to trade shows, tournaments, sponsorships, advertisements in industry related publications.

Work under direct supervision of SVP of the BC region with minimum interference from the management. I earnestly manage marketing, promotions and Brand positioning in lower mainland in 4 different branch offices.

The hardest part of the job is to ensure quality service and effective time management. I have successfully mastered the art of working across different functional areas and manage my time effectively to package and deliver efficient marketing & client relationship.
Pros
company vehicle, group insurance, gas card
Cons
no contribution of emploer towards rrsp's etc.
Biggest joke in the Restorarion industry. Stay away. Far away
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 January 2018
Management is horrible. No support but lots of back stabbing.
Promise the world and deliver on nothing.
Treat subtrades poorly only paying when they feel like it pretty much.
Not a bad set up ....
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2013
Being my first exper in this type of work environment - I liked it. Worked long hours, not hard hours with great co-worker/s. Rotations were just right length of time. Working with co - workers of different levels and various trades I was able to pick up some pointers. Hardest part of job was missing Daughter. Given chance I would do it again.
Pros
great co-workers, site boss and enviroment
Cons
job security, accounting department.
Former Employee - Calgary, AB
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2013
Managers were not knowledgeable. In particular, the manager leading the carpenters, drywallers, etc. had no knowledge whatsoever as to what was involved. He had his favourite person who would walk in at the end of the job and put his name down as having completed it. This person did not have a ticket, no people skills but received credit. This person's work was that of a butcher but again he and the manager came to this company together and he reported everything he saw to this individual. Aside from these two individuals who were the road block the other co-workers were excellent to work with. During my time there, the firm lost quite a few very good people. This was brought to the attention of upper management and nothing was done. The firm would be a great place to work in except for this problem.
Pros
Gas Card
Cons
No direction
Productive work environment, fast pace environment
File Manager/Project Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
- this job was always fast pace work
- I learnt a lot about administrative work from this job
- very friendly and easy going environment
- management was always there to help me and answer questions I may have
- very diverse with culture and very enriching
- hardest part of the job was making sure billing was correct and everything matched up
- easiest part of the job was issuing PO's for all invoices and receipts for the job
!!!!!!!Stay away far away!!!!!!!
Subtrade (Former Employee) –  Alberta3 March 2014
This place is a joke. This company does not pay there bills in any way shape or form, They make subtrades sign these ridiculous contracts and then screw them for there money and if not bankrupt them as well. You can not go to get one ounce of materials from any supplier as they have to do a 1 hour credit check for a 2.00 box of screws. I also witnessed them flying there American management every weekend but coud not pay a sub contractor. If you like destroying some ones life then this is the place for you. I say go back to America and destroy your own country mens lives and stay away from Canada.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firstonsite Restoration. Our community is ready to answer.