Firstonsite Restoration

all the hours you want and all the hours you don't
high stress

poor training

a lot of great people

field workers get a company vehicle
Do Not Work Here
The only thing positive I can say about First On Site is that they have decent benefits. The management is poor, they don't care about your personal life and they will work you to death.
Poisonous place to work
If you want to be let go by controlling management and bullied then this is the place to work. Absolute poisonous place to work. Bullying which starts from management down and they do nothing when you report it. Huge turnover there . Either they fire you or you leave. Have never ever worked in a toxic place such as this. Job security is non existent . Your just a number.
20 April 2020
Thank you for your input. Creating a positive and supportive environment for our staff is definitely our priority. Especially in challenging times, it's paramount to look after one another.

Please feel free to contact me directly at lpearson@firstonsite.ca so we can address any issues.
Big changes in this company three years ago improved it a lot. It’s been a steadily growing, friendly, very safety conscious, ethical place to work. Good pay too!
Pros
Pay. Safety Leader
L'après sinistre
J’ai adoré mon expérience dans l’après sinistre j’ai aimé de toujours faire quelque chose de différentes
6 March 2020
Merci pour votre message de support. Notre travail acharné ne nous empêche pas de nous amuser.
Don't do it
I became friends with a client and got let go because of it, management says they care but, when there are problems with co- workers, they sweep them under the table and nothing is done.
Ex: one person calling another person names and getting bullied, nothing done. You can't trust anyone there to talk to
6 March 2020
Thank you for the feedback. We try to create a supportive working environment for all our valued employees. I'd be happy to connect directly and see how we can improve. Please email me at lpearson@firstonsite.ca
Stay away, stay very away
Company feels greasy. Upper management feels even more greasy. If you're young and dumb, sign up and pray that you too will not be sued.
Extra work is expected to be unpaid. They cut costs by not paying their subs or employees.
11 March 2020
I appreciate your perspective. Management positions do require some overtime occasionally and are compensated to reflect the additional work load. We strive to provide a safe and positive work environment for all our employees. Our top priority is our team members.
Racist
Only couple employees know what exactly they doing. External politics. Bullies. Communication is poor, people are good on pointing fingers. To much paper works
20 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I'd love to understand how we could improve things, please feel free to connect with me directly at lpearson@firstonsite.ca
Ok
Ok it was good because I could do so many differents things. Please be polite with customer.always be helfull with work partners. Take time to so ecerything right ..
Collaborative atmosphere
Newer management has made positive changes at the local branch level. Fast paced but truly a team atmosphere. Feel like my supportive role is appreciated and helps with success of project managers.
Management is a joke
LOVED the job but management is a joke and you can’t be yourself without being judged. Also people are very spiteful and don’t care about you even if they have false accusations against you. Your opinion doesn’t matter.
Would not recommend. Cronies well looked after, not qualified
Upper management constantly being fired or quitting and moving on. They preach having an excellent work based culture, it's like being dropped into a shark tank. Many of the upper management are hypocritical and will lie to you without hesitation. COO, President, Executive VP, Regional Managers, usually hired and fired within 1 to 2 years.
Amazing company with great people
So happy to be part of this amazing company and work every day with a team who shows great values and a strong customer focus with a desire to help others in a time of need.
People Oriented!
Fun, collaborative place to work where employees are valued and leaders genuinely care! A true Team first environment with an emphasis on working safely and ethically.
Awesome place to work and grow!
I’m so glad I made the move to FirstOnSite- there is so much support from coworkers to help new people. Good pay, great benefits, lots of training opportunities, and so much respect for individual and team contributions.

So glad and proud to be a part of this great team!
Firstonsite Restoration has made a complete 360 and is a great place to work at.

The Management is so supportive and you feel valued for your effort.
Pros
Strong Leadership
Fun people!
Great place with lots of growth opportunities. Love to have fun and great benefits! Would definitely recommend to family and friends. Family atmosphere.
Excellent Opportunities
FirstOnSite sees the value and potential in its employees. I initially started out with the company almost a decade ago at an entry-level position brand new to the industry as a whole and have been able to grow my career with the company, which isn't something you see a lot of these days. In fact, there are several people I work with that have had the same experience. Overall work/life balance is great, though there are times where long hours are needed due to the nature of the business.

I would definitely recommend a career with this company.
Pros
Flexibility, growth, workplace culture
Cons
Can be long hours, common in the industry
Growing Company with a bright Future!
The company has made significant investment to provide the resources and to build capacity within the company to grow the business. It is a great place to be for those who want to make a difference and work hard with a positive purpose.
Excellent opportunities for long term growth
I've been with the company for 4 years, FOS has provided me opportunity to grow and learn and challenge myself. My team is wonderful and I am very lucky to have found such a great employer.
working for firstonsite was interesting
working at firstonsite was a learning experience every job you went to, there was a new challenge. The hardest thing about this job was the emergency work doing tier out work sometime in the very early morning, or cleaning up after a fire. With management, you were able to voice your concern about any problem you might in counter with a job and help solve it.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firstonsite Restoration. Our community is ready to answer.