Firstonsite Restoration Employee Reviews

Stay clear
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 April 2018
This is a very poorly managed company. Placing people in positions internally with little to no experience. NO team atmosphere - very clicky. If you are a " sheep" you will fit right in. I would not recommend this company to anyone I know. NO room to advance. Making promises of growth that will never happen. NO raises for years and when they finally offered me one it was a slap inj the face at 15 cents. BOTTOM LINE - STAY AWAY
Great Attitude from Management
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Calgary9 March 2018
Managers place the employees first and have a partnership as opposed to taking an authoritative approach. Extensive employee review and calibration involvement providing honest and constructive feedback.
Pros
Great attitude - loyalty towards the employees
Cons
Requires better entergrated communication systems
Productive and fun place to work, really enjoy the staff
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2018
Fantastic company to work for there is a great team oriented energy in the office. Great health benefits and they really seem to care about the employees. Perks of having company vehicle and a gas card. I feel as if the salaries are competitive in the market and that the employees are all treated fairly.
Pros
Company vehicle, health benefits, gas card
Biggest joke in the Restorarion industry. Stay away. Far away
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 January 2018
Management is horrible. No support but lots of back stabbing.
Promise the world and deliver on nothing.
Treat subtrades poorly only paying when they feel like it pretty much.
restoration tech
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 October 2017
I had to clean up fire/floods. it was hard work but good. it made me a hard worker and a good leader. people here are nice to be around. it was one of my first real jobs.
Poor Management, unethical business practices
Former Finance Employee (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON5 October 2017
Stay away if you can. Employees are treated with disrespect. They don't pay their vendors in months and when vendors call for payments they lie to them. I believe many small businesses will go bankrupt because of them.
Pros
Cons
Inexperienced and very rude managers & supervisors, unethical business practices
Productive work environment, fast pace environment
File Manager/Project Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
- this job was always fast pace work
- I learnt a lot about administrative work from this job
- very friendly and easy going environment
- management was always there to help me and answer questions I may have
- very diverse with culture and very enriching
- hardest part of the job was making sure billing was correct and everything matched up
- easiest part of the job was issuing PO's for all invoices and receipts for the job
Chaos
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 January 2017
A disrespectful atmosphere and hard work is not appreciated no matter how much you are willing to work overtime and get jobs done respect is an ultimate low from management. It was a good feeling knowing you were helping people. Hard work if you actually do the work and not sit on your phone as you are unsupervised daily.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Disorganized Chaos!
Close minded management
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 December 2016
Under paid carpenter, with promise of a renegotiated wage after probation. A few days short of probation, l was let go. Reason: didn't make probation.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Zero direction, zero communication.
Construction manager
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON25 April 2016
This job/ industry is often feast or famine so your day can change often and brings a lot of challenges upon you quickly. You often wonder why do you do this line of work but when a homeowner is genuinely happy with your work and they are grateful to have their home restored after a fire or some kind of water damage is does make the headache all worth it.
Responding to disasters, supporting 40 corporate locations across Canada
Director, National Commercial Business Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2016
Supporting and assisting colleagues across Canada when disasters occurred. Water, flooding and fire. Commercial structural drying and document recovery solutions. Solicited business with commercial clients owning multiple properties across Canada.
Pros
Supporting colleagues with my vast experience and knowledge and know how
Cons
seven days a week
Productive always on the go
restoration (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 November 2015
First on site is a great company to work with, they are organized always have something for you to do, theirs lots to learn as you go with this job so its a great way to build your skills.
learn new skills
Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2015
is fun when u come to work and can learn new staff from your superior or from your coworkers this makes more easy and fun the job and life stile
Pros
is no enough education
Cons
willing to learn
Decent environment for a co-op term, but management treated us poorly
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 March 2015
My co-worker and I had been classmates and worked very well together. I learned quite a bit about web development, both front and back end, but what I learned was mostly self-taught.

Manager had no formal education in software design/development, but had the final say on the design of the entire system we developed. He routinely refused to listen to our input, even in situations where his decisions negatively affected the overall design of the system.
Pros
Free iPad mini when I left to go back to school
Cons
Poor management
Transcriptionist
Senior Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2014
Transcribe reports with the use of digital dictation from home as well as in the office in an extremely effective and efficient manner.
Ensure reports are completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
Maintain great attention to detail while ensuring the rules of FOIP are maintained when dealing with documentation handling.
Assist adjusters with all aspects of report management.
Set up of new claims.
Use of new software programs for daily and monthly billing purposes.
Follow up with files and file handling for adjusters that are leaving and coming into the company.
Worst company I have ever worked for after 40 years in the work force
District General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2014
Signed on with Firstonsite as they offered a lot of money and were rated as "one of Canada's 50 best managed companies". I didnt realize at the time that that prestigious rating is actually bought by the company, and not awarded on actual merit. Anyone that works for this company quickly realizes its impossible to get this accreditation knowing the poor management practices of this company.
Pros
Pay well for senior positions
Cons
So many Senior Managers that things dont happen slow, they dont happen PERIOD.
great place to work
Cleaning Remediation Technician (Current Employee) –  winnipeg m.b.14 July 2014
learned a lot of ways to clean things and how to demo some parts of the wall
!!!!!!!Stay away far away!!!!!!!
Subtrade (Former Employee) –  Alberta3 March 2014
This place is a joke. This company does not pay there bills in any way shape or form, They make subtrades sign these ridiculous contracts and then screw them for there money and if not bankrupt them as well. You can not go to get one ounce of materials from any supplier as they have to do a 1 hour credit check for a 2.00 box of screws. I also witnessed them flying there American management every weekend but coud not pay a sub contractor. If you like destroying some ones life then this is the place for you. I say go back to America and destroy your own country mens lives and stay away from Canada.
Not a bad set up ....
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2013
Being my first exper in this type of work environment - I liked it. Worked long hours, not hard hours with great co-worker/s. Rotations were just right length of time. Working with co - workers of different levels and various trades I was able to pick up some pointers. Hardest part of job was missing Daughter. Given chance I would do it again.
Pros
great co-workers, site boss and enviroment
Cons
job security, accounting department.
Great Business Partner
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec2 October 2013
My experience working with the Human Resource team at FirstOnSite Restoration has been extremely positive. They are a hard working group of people striving to grow a company in a fair and rewarding environment in a tough industry. They are open to listening to the issues and to hearing new solutions. I have learnt a lot from this experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firstonsite Restoration. Our community is ready to answer.

Firstonsite Restoration Reviews by Location