First United Church Community Ministry Society Employee Reviews

Work Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 July 2017
I was on a 2-work experience for my Administrative Assistant course from Vancouver Community College. While I was working there they provided me with the experience to help me see what it is like to work on a office environment.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Clientelle
Purpose Lived
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2017
As a new employee at First United Church Community Ministry Society, I have been treated with the utmost respect and kindness. Although it is my first experience working on the DTES, the collaborative and supportive team culture provides the perfect venue to do purposeful work in an open, accepting and inclusive environment. Each day, I see the live demonstration of the organizational values of dignity, respect, trust, justice and empowerment.

There are new leaders coming on board and each are here to serve the employees as well as the community members. This place is an oasis in a challenging neighborhood. Everyone is valuable and are treated as such. I am extremely grateful to be part of an exceptionally high functioning team and organization. If it is your purpose to help humanity, make a difference in the world and support social justice, First United is the place to live it each day.

A big thank you out to the amazing staff who make a positive difference for people, every moment!
Hard, occasionally emotional, worth it
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 June 2016
The Church was set up as a homeless shelter in the heart of the downtown east side Vancouver. The work was hard with occasional hazards. It could be quite emotional just because of our clientele and their struggles but supporting them in any way possible makes every single second of it worth it.
Fabulous staff!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 April 2015
I was worried when I walked through the door. Not about them or the location, but about my abilities to fulfil my duties. As a practicum student I was not confident yet. I needn't have worried, anything I didn't know they were more then happy to help with. I had no idea how much this organization does to help people. I feel so lucky to have gone there and have so much respect for them.
Pros
the staff, the understanding and help they offer, the feeling of satisfaction of knowing I made a difference.