It all depends on the role you’re applying for. Locational hires take 1-2 interviews.
If a bus driving/dispatch role, after interviewed (and accepted) their team will provide adequate training (FS is the highest mandated in safety and you’ll receive the most qualified training, superior to most companies in the industry). This takes 40 hours of in-class training and on-location road tests. Once you pass qualifications you’ll be assigned a route.
If management: you’ll be required to pass up to 6 interviews (both telephone and in-person).
1.) Good driving history and attitude. Any accidents within the last 3 years?
2.) Lift and drag 125lbs; dexterity test.
3.) No criminal record and also required to pass a VSC (Vulnerable sector check). Vulnerable means elders, children, etc. (At your own expense)
4.) Pass a class 2 medical exam, and knowledge test at the registry. (At your own expense)
5.) Pass a reflex driving test on a simulator.
6.) Provide 2 professional (work related) and 2 personal references (no family).
Apply online or go there.
Stop by the office and give them your resume and drivers abstract. They train you for free and if you pass your road test, you will likely be hired.
Firstgroupcareers.com This is an online application.
There is training that needs to be taken a road test medical and criminal record check
- Does First Student require background check?8 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at First Student Careers CA?6 people answered
- How would you describe the pace of work at First Student?5 people answered
- Does First Student allow for flexible working hours? Or are the hours set?5 people answered
- Do they have a heath benifit package for school bus drivers5 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at First Student?5 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at First Student?5 people answered
- What is the interview process like at First Student?5 people answered
- How often do raises occur at First Student?4 people answered
- Do all drivers get to take their bus home between runs? My neighbour drives and I have heard the bus…4 people answered