First Quality Employee Reviews

I worked in a Office
Warehouse/Traffic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PA27 April 2018
I worked in all the warehouses and did so for a bit and got good at my job. I then bid up to a office job and got that were I spent the rest of my time till I had to leave due to Medical issues.
Pros
Stable work
Cons
They did not give me a rise for a year
Not a bad place to work
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PA11 April 2018
Typical factory job. Full of politics and back stabbers. If not for that it would have been a great place to work. There was more than ample room for advancement. I was able to move up from a base QA Tech to a Tech 1 and then to a Tech 2 in about 4 months.
I hated it
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PA7 April 2018
You never had time for anything. They where always changing rules and making new ones that you never new what was going on. Most stupid place to work at.
Pros
Cafe was pretty cool
Cons
Not a good place to work at.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PA26 March 2018
This company is one huge joke! They will throw you under the bus to make them look better. One mistake you make, it's your fault even if it's not your fault. The leads have favorites and you can tell because they take longer breaks than they are suppose to. The supervisors will make you feel like you acomplished anything you did. They say that they are family oriented, but they're not. If you're sick and you call off, that will go against your record. They have a point system and it is rediculous.
Pros
30 minute breaks every two hours
Cons
Poor management
Very caring upper management.
Bag/Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SC3 March 2018
Everyone there has been extremely kind to me. I recently lost a loved one and they were there to see give me support. Definitely enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Probably the best I ever work in.
Porter (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  New York, NY27 February 2018
Is a great work experience. I work for a seasonal position and had a great experience. I was considered for a full time position and was offer to stay; but the union requested that an employee with more time on the union took the available shift. You don't ever work and just one building and get to see more of the city as you work from building to building.
Pros
Pay lunch hour.
Cons
No parking
Good Job
WAREHOUSE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Macon, GA23 February 2018
Good Job and good Pay...
the shifts rotate every 28 days but besides that It was a good place to work.
You also receive good discounts on products that are manufactured there so that's a plus.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
rotating shifts
Horrible
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SC17 February 2018
Everybody there is hateful and judgmental. It has got to be one of the most racist and discriminating places i have ever worked. If it wasn't for the pay i would have left sooner! Nothing gets handled as it should and they only listen to what they want and never go by facts or proof. Keep you eyes open when working there, so many people pretend to be your friend and then go right behind you and lie to upper people about you and your work ethics. I will never work for this company again! They feel like because they pay what they do they treat you how they want. Just a stressful place to work for sure!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
short breaks, long walks, hateful stares, drama, manager and leads have favorites!
Temp to hire position
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SC9 February 2018
Constantly busy with little time for lunch or bathroom breaks. Always feel behind and never ahead. Never seem to know from day to day what your doing.
average work place
TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PA9 February 2018
Worked 12 hr nights. They are the prime example your living to work instead of working to live. Always had to attend a mandatory meeting of some sort.
Pros
excellent benefits
Very nice place to work
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Macon, GA30 January 2018
The job and pay are very good but the hours are a bit long.
The products are well maintained and checked on a regular basis. The incentives are good to the employees as well.
Very fast paced environment .
Logistical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA25 January 2018
Nice place to work, just did not have advancement opportunities. They start you out as a tugger , then move you to the warehouse, if you can handle that, you become an expeditor ..the person responsible for getting materials to the production line very fast.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
12hr shifts
owners take financial recession out on employees
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PA20 January 2018
the ownership made drastic cuts during the recession (2011) my position was eliminated with no notice to myself or to my supervisors, the owners just came through one day and cut anyone who was in a new position. I worked for them for 4 years - 2 years in production, and 2 years in marketing. since my promotion to the marketing department was considered a "new position" I got eliminated first even though I had been with the company longer than others. I also had fantastic annual reviews from all of my supervisors, the owners are out of touch and only care about their bottom line.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
bad ownership
Busy
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NY19 January 2018
Working with First quality was great. I got along well with my supervisors and managers. I only left because my building was taken over by another company.
Stay away!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SC30 December 2017
Horrible place to work. Good ole boy system throughout the plant. You will do better to work at McDonalds! All the good people who try to do good are run off and the lazy cutthroats are promoted.
Upper management is clueless
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SC24 December 2017
They took automotive industry management style and tried to mold it into the printing/converting industry...with great failure I might add. Upper management micro managed every move of the dept managers. The press room was poorly laid out from the get go and the1st press was unsafe for employees. Plant looked beautiful from the outside, but there were/are many problems within. I should have known they were a tad weird when they would not let me go inside the plant during the job interview for a management position. They are really paranoid about their "secret" processes within the plant.
Pros
Free parking, good benefits, pay is on par with industry.
Cons
They did not have the knowledge of the converting/printing industry when they started the plant, Should never have used the Automotive industry as an example for management style.
Poor company to work for
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA24 December 2017
This company is the worst company a person can work for. The culture is fake and not friendly at all. Everyone stabs you in the back and managers are horrible. Extremely poor communication and training opportunities.
Good pay, hard work, treat you fair.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PA17 December 2017
Good job and very fast paced. They treat you with respect. Good pay, but it is 12 hour days. You could bid on different positions if one opens. Hard to get in full time. They usually only hire through a temp agency.
Pros
Great pay, good people.
Cons
Hard work, short breaks.
long stressful 12 hour shifts
Laborer (Current Employee) –  McElhattan, PA10 December 2017
If your looking into a physical, demanding shift and the team leads and supervisors act like they own you, this is your place to work. There's always going to be tensions and drama between bosses or co workers and they are always going to be on the lookout to get you fired.
Stay away!
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SC6 December 2017
Stay away! Press dept has horrific management. Upper management doesnt see the true supervision and threats that are happening. Owners need to clean house and start over in the press dept. Took me years to have enough of it and i wouldnt wish that place on anyone. Forget about a home or family life. You have been warned.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Quality. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9