First Nations University Of Canada

First Nations University Of Canada Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews

I was a contracted consultant

As a consultant, I did not work under typical employee regulations. The work was amazingly satisfying since the mandate of the program was to increase the workforce to be more inclusive of Indigenous employees.

Pros

Diversity

Cons

No benefits

Fun environment

Love talking to the students and teachers about books and dvd's. Really enjoy working there because my day is usually me helping students with books, printer, and information on online e-books.

Pros

Homework got done

Cons

Not enough hours

Insights into First Nations University Of Canada

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

warm welcoming

first nations university was a volunteer work selling and handling the elders lodge was great volunteer experience communicated well with most of the community selling tickets for 50/50 draws refilling the good in the elders lodge and having great partners working with you

Pros

free lunch

Cons

First Nations of Canada provides students with employment opportunities while studying.

First Nations University of Canada offers programming in a culturally appropriate setting, offering various programs for urban and rural Indigenous and non-Indigenous students. The small campus has a 'family' feel to it, as it is easy to get to know most of the names of the staff, faculty and students. From Library Assistant to Teacher's Assistant, it was enjoyable to work at First Nations University.

Pros

Working on campus increases student success.

Meeting New Students

The First Nations University of Canada is an amazing place to work. I worked at the Saskatoon campus and I totally enjoyed meeting all the new students at the start of each term,

love it

a hard days work with people always complaining about work and how much they make. Management sucked and job security was not sure day to day. Co-workers sucked too

Pros

good work envirment

Cons

bad co workers

Productive & fun workplace

I enjoyed my work at First Nations University, the people were friendly and easy to get along with. I learnt how to adapt to the fast pace of the environment. In addition, the hours were exactly what I needed to continue on with schooling at the University.

Pros

friendly environment

easy work, very little problems, friendly people

I would say that working here is a good job for when you are going to school and need a little money on the side. I would suggest working here if you are a student living on campus.

Pros

easy work

Cons

not so much hours

Great place to learn.

its a great place to work and attend school. Being a student librarian assistant, it gives you a bit of work experience and a bit of extra pocket change for the struggling student. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help students and have conversations with them about books and classes.

Pros

surrounded by books

Cons

short hours

Quiet yet busy work place environment.

Great place to work, everyone is very friendly including the students and staff. Very enjoyable to know you are helping and supporting the learning of students and their careers.

Productive and very instructive workplace

* Gathering all the glassware and materials needed for the day experiment* Conducting experiment steps after proper instructions* Conducting computer based research and reading to provide the teamwith the latest essay method of extraction* testing medicinal plant samples using HPLC and GC instruments* Keep a safe and clean work environment during and afterexperiments* assisting the supervisor successfully conduct essays on plants extracts* Cleaning glassware

Pros

very friendly supervisor

Cons

not permanent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Nations University Of Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement