First Nations University Of Canada

First Nations University Of Canada Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
As a consultant, I did not work under typical employee regulations. The work was amazingly satisfying since the mandate of the program was to increase the workforce to be more inclusive of Indigenous employees.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
No benefits
Love talking to the students and teachers about books and dvd's. Really enjoy working there because my day is usually me helping students with books, printer, and information on online e-books.
Pros
Homework got done
Cons
Not enough hours
first nations university was a volunteer work selling and handling the elders lodge was great volunteer experience communicated well with most of the community selling tickets for 50/50 draws refilling the good in the elders lodge and having great partners working with you
Pros
free lunch
Cons
First Nations University of Canada offers programming in a culturally appropriate setting, offering various programs for urban and rural Indigenous and non-Indigenous students.
The small campus has a 'family' feel to it, as it is easy to get to know most of the names of the staff, faculty and students.

From Library Assistant to Teacher's Assistant, it was enjoyable to work at First Nations University.
Pros
Working on campus increases student success.
Cons
The First Nations University of Canada is an amazing place to work. I worked at the Saskatoon campus and I totally enjoyed meeting all the new students at the start of each term,
a hard days work with people always complaining about work and how much they make. Management sucked and job security was not sure day to day. Co-workers sucked too
Pros
good work envirment
Cons
bad co workers
I enjoyed my work at First Nations University, the people were friendly and easy to get along with. I learnt how to adapt to the fast pace of the environment. In addition, the hours were exactly what I needed to continue on with schooling at the University.
Pros
friendly environment
I would say that working here is a good job for when you are going to school and need a little money on the side. I would suggest working here if you are a student living on campus.
Pros
easy work
Cons
not so much hours
its a great place to work and attend school. Being a student librarian assistant, it gives you a bit of work experience and a bit of extra pocket change for the struggling student. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help students and have conversations with them about books and classes.
Pros
surrounded by books
Cons
short hours
Great place to work, everyone is very friendly including the students and staff. Very enjoyable to know you are helping and supporting the learning of students and their careers.
* Gathering all the glassware and materials needed for the day experiment
* Conducting experiment steps after proper instructions

* Conducting computer based research and reading to provide the team

with the latest essay method of extraction

* testing medicinal plant samples using HPLC and GC instruments

* Keep a safe and clean work environment during and after

experiments

* assisting the supervisor successfully conduct essays on plants extracts

* Cleaning glassware
Pros
very friendly supervisor
Cons
not permanent
Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Nations University Of Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6