- First National is big on Internal Transfers - Once you get in (traditionally as a Customer Service Admin) you can apply to any jobs there, and they have a preference for internal candidates.
- The culture is great - the teams are fun to be with, actually some more than others.
- There is hardly any professional growth. It's a fairly flat organization, with Directors and Senior Managers - NOTHING IN BETWEEN - and then the rest of the jobs. Therefore, you are almost always going to be stuck in a Job Grade 3,4,5 and never grow to a higher job grade unless you become a Manager.
- The Managers do not have your best interests in mind - it's a dog-eat-dog world and they are only concerned about their growth and advancement, and not their employees.
- Traditionally job's pay around $35-37 as the starting salary. Every performance review gives you a 2% increase and don't even think about bonuses (if you don't work in a Sales job).
- Just by walking around the departments you can tell which ones are more fun (Sales, Underwriting, Customer Service, HR and Training) and which ones are toxic (Documentation, Property Taxes, Fire Insurance, Finance, Mortgage Accounting)