First Data

First Data Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
it was a good experience, however I had waited to be paid out on my commision for 7 + months. Eventually I found another job, and decided to leave first data, and they refused to pay me my commission. I was extremely unhappy. However, everything before that point was good. MOST people were quite kind, I received my benefits the day I started and when my sister passed away, they were very understanding.
Everything is great about the company and one of the best management i came across. Only negative is too much out sourcing and too many politics within the company due to the vendors. And no long term growth.

Apart from that i loved my time working there and the higher management is awesome.
decent and have good staff. It was a good learning experience for me to be at first data due to the fact that it significantly built my people and negotiation skills.
Job was a great experience. I would suggest anyone to work in the company. No bad reviews about the company. Management is not bad and the employees are amazing.
This place was good to work at at first but what you'll notice real quick is that you don't have adequate support if you're having difficulty on a call. You aren't allowed to transfer calls to superiors if it's requested and they will sit there and let you pull your hair out with stress and anxiety instead of jumping in and helping. Non management were great, supervisors were alright but if you have any type of mental health issues keep it to yourself because you will get fired if you say you have anxiety like I said I did after a very difficult call that wouldn't have been so bad had I been able to escalate it to a more senior Rep. My manager at the time said that I could transfer a call if it got too bad but the next day when I came in for my shift I was let go. Please note that they say you are fully hired and don't have probation so me being fired went against my rights but I did it pursue it. Overall it wasn't that bad but again, keep your personal issues to yourself, do your job and then go home.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Low pay, can't use your phone or tablet, high turnover
Completed a Masters Degree in Business administration and international business in Paris, Fluently bilingual,
Looking for a great place to work for with potential career growth
good job, however you have to put in the effort. The reward for amount of effort put is very good. With time becomes easier, and more fluid. Initially hard
First data is a great company to work for except that there is not much job security. It has flexible timings and great teams to work with. Salaries are better.
People leave managers, not jobs. Upper management is clueless when it comes to making employees productive. Co-workers were great to work with - overall the department was efficient and well balanced with seniors and newbs. Training sessions were constantly cut short to get folks back on the phones. Makes you feel that the company doesn't care about employee improvement - just care about the customer. Happy, well trained employee is a good productive employee people!
management has no regard for agreed upon terms in contracts.
Your calls will be judged on what you say, manner of speech..it will destroy your morale.
Pros
Good Health Plan
It was a rollercoaster working with First Data. You get the opportunity to work with alot of great people, just to volatile being a 100% commission job
Pros
leadership skills, making and working on your own schedule, high commission
Cons
very volatile, no financial security
• As pare of a multi functional help desk we handled a verity of calls related to Tech support, Customer Services, Field technicians, partner service teams, escalation support.
• Provided an expert level support to internal and external customer on various products and services as per the process guidelines in a fast paced environment.

• Analyzed the system logs to identify route cause to the issues on every call, fix it and escalate the issue when needed.

• Assisting the clients with email support and phone call.

• Offering assistance to agents on E-Desk and taking ownership of issue resolution, when the fellow agents are not able to get the issue fixed that way agents could understand issue if confused and merchant is comfortable.
Pros
Very stressful organization, NO growth
Cons
Nothing.
Also enjoyed my time working at first data, definitely an environment to grow and excel. very friendly people ... managers with open door policy. really loved working there
clean quiet office nice staff relaxed environment
full benefits

boring repetitive job but they let us listen to music talk on the phone and surf the net so we didn't go crazy
I am not sure if those review listed are accurate. This is the worst experience in my life. Non qualified management and no one care. Dealing with upset merchant all day and hearing them yelling and swearing. I don't recommend this company
Cons
Unorganized and unprofessional
Started each day with excitement. Learned campaign updates each morning. Given free range to be as productive as possible throughout each day. Positive support from superiors.
Pros
Pay based on production
Cons
Pay based on production
Worked full time for commission pay, tough job but it was a fun time and experience with a great team. As a student, it was hard to balance life and work so I left early in order to stay focused on my main goal as a student.
Pros
great environment
Cons
full time
People like to help each other. Meeting on a weekly basis. Support available when needed. Life style flexible. Salary target reachable if effort are put in.
Great Co-workers and flexible schedule. Huge company however not many opportunities for advancement in the Canadian location.
It a nice place to work, great colleagues
Very diverse in the fact that minorities are recognized.

evenly balance in terms of number of males and females and number of minorities and caucasians
Pros
overtimes
Cons
no proper organization
A typical work day would be showing up to work in the morning and having a coffee with my co-workers before we start working. Its an amazing work environment full of amazing people. I would have to say that the hardest part of the job would have to be handling all the secretaries and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see all the amazing people I worked with.