First Capital Realty Employee Reviews

More than just a Job, it's an adventure
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2019
Everyday is a different experience. There are things you do like approving work orders and purchase orders and then there is a random phone call or need that changes your day.

Each day will teach you something new. It might be a simple lesson or a complex one.

Having worked for different companies over the years, I can say this is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The management team is one of the best I have ever seen.

When I think of workplace culture I realize that the worst thing is doing nothing at all or maintaining the status quo. That isn't our way. The future is always a part of our culture. So we don't settle for the status quo, we are looking for new ways to grow and improve.

I accept that deadlines and quick turn-a-arounds are a part of every career but when you know your sharing them with others it isn't that bad at all.

The best part of my career is working with a great team. It is this fact that makes coming to work every day a pleasure.
Pros
Team, benefits and the Birthday lunches are just some of the Pros.
Cons
Deadlines and Turn-a-around but these are the same for everyone.
Great
Front Line Receptionist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2018
Fast Paced.
Friendly staff.
I was very new to the real estate world and they made me feel very comfortable right away.

I'd work here again if given the chance.
Invested in their employees
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2018
Amazing experience overall. The interview process was great and very accommodating considering I was still working full-time. I picked a date and they even met me off-site and stepped away from their conference. Great on boarding and I had everything set up for me. Amazing first day package with great gifts. Great interactive training, caught on really quickly. Best part is the amazing management and company culture. I can really see they care about advancing and getting the employees the proper training.
Pros
workplace environment
Cons
nothing I can think of
Impressive Management and exciting Opportunity
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2018
Professional from phone screening to in person interviews. Both HR and Management are great. They are very fair when offering you the job. Great pay, benefits and vacation. I hope there really lots of opportunities to grow with the company. Overall, I believe FCR is a great company to work for.
The HR has been very accommodating and responsive to questions and other questions I had too.
The job opportunity itself, is a great position to apply my knowledge and use my previous experiences. A great opportunity to excel and grow with the company. Secondly, its location is perfect since it is just 5-7 minutes drive from home. Management and their staffs seem so professional and nice people too. I am really looking forward to start working with FCR next week, December 10, 2018.
Pros
Professional and approachable management and staffs, Location, Pay, Group Benefits, Yearly bonus, ESPP and RRSP with company match up to 4%
Cons
The only thing that I have right now is that the Probationary period with FCR is 6 months, and not the 3 month period typically.
not a team building company
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2018
They do not know how to work as a team. they talk behind everyones back and trying to blame anything bad that happens on someone else instead of taking responsibility for there mistake. i didn't quit the job i quit management. they are liers
Pros
the benifits
Cons
the company
the hardest part of the job
Senior Property Accountant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 September 2018
have to mange portfolio by myself in the past few years. after i left that job they have to hire 3 property accountants and 1 recovery analysis to cover my position, i feel good about myself for this hardest heavy portfolio.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
heavy portfolio
One of the most disorganized mgmt have seen, lots of slackers
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alberta31 August 2018
Very rude, toxic, unproductive work environment, unhelpful, lazy colleagues. Poor work ethics, imbalanced work load. Some employees are over-worked while the managers chill out. Very disorganized company, clueless managers, they seem to have no idea what they are doing despite being there for ages, it was baffling to say the least. Lack of motivation, no morale. Needs a major overhaul of the management team, get rid of the slackers and hire good people that are not allergic to work. The management must be blind, wonder how they lasted so long. Value your people at the bottom and make your foundation strong. Good luck!
Pros
Free monthly lunches
Cons
Too many to mention
Good company to work for. Good benefits.
Senior Analyst Recoveries - Retail Portfolio (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 May 2018
Good company to work for. Excellent benefits with bonuses and profit sharing. Free lunch once a month. Company BBQ, cruise in the summer. Casual atmosphere at work.
productive and fun
Site Manager & Demolition Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2018
learned lots. not going to get rich working here. moved on to bigger and better things but i think if it ever came down to it I would go back. Bosses were awesome
Professional atmosphere where everyone is treated like a part of the team.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 April 2018
I was very impressed by the overall responsibility expected of the maintenance workers. Each individual was posted to their own property and expected to deal with contractors as well as most aspects of property management.
Pros
Great benifits/break rooms.
Cons
Contractual basis
Great place to work!
Graphic Designer & IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 April 2018
Lunch every Monday, lots of different and unique challenges to improve your skills as a UI/UX designer. Great company to work in. If I didn't have to relocate I would still be working at FCR!
Pros
Free lunches
Great Company
Legal Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2018
Great company to work for. Workplace culture is good and they maintain a good life work place balance. If you are interested in property management, check out this company.
Commercial Retail environment -very inter action with staff
Lease Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
I was hired on a one year contract as a Lease Administrator with the promise that the position will be come permanent. Once I completed their yearend rent roll on Dec. 23/16 I was told that they don't need my help anymore.
Pros
Free lunch once per month
Cons
Very long hours becuase the work load is huge
Slow paced. Poor management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 December 2016
The company workers were lovely however the management was poor. Very unorganized business

Work load was minor
Constantly had to look for work
Rude managers
Great pay, Horrible Management
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 October 2016
This company offers a lot more than any other property management company out there. However, there is a huge issue with the management. Attitude, negativity, and stress...that seems to be the common theme there. HR does nothing to solve these issues and the lower on the totem pole you are the less you are heard. As for the positives, they offer great work parties and benefits.
Pros
salary, benefits, employee appreciation
Cons
management, workload, confidentiality
Lots of variety
Mailroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2016
If you love to multitask and be as productive as possible this is the place to do it. Management at least at the time gave a fair amount of autonomy as long as you showed you have the ability.
Great Work Environment
Administration (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2016
Overall good team, there is lack of communication at times, technology not the best so need to upgrade to make work easier, good opportunity to learn and challenge oneself.
Pros
good benefits, good team, overall great people
Cons
lack of leadership, no flex working time/remote working option
Wonderful co-workers with lots of opportunity to learn and acquire new skills
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2016
Busy days
Learned about Realty Industry
Professional management
Friendly and courteous co-workers
Working for two different law clerks
Learning about the industry and no micro-managing
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Working for three individuals with three separate management styles
Environnement super
Commis aux comptes payables (Current Employee) –  Saint-leonard, QC16 April 2016
L'ambiance est très saint. L'ouvrage y est facile et bien décrit par la direction. Les gens s'entraident en tout temps. Il est facile d'avoir une explication.
Pros
Café, thé, jus et boissons gazeuses gratuits. Au côté d'un Wal-Mart
Cons
Mandat indéterminé
Loved the retail tenants
MARKETING and PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2014
Each day I encountered new people and opportunities. My typical work day consisted of working with retail and service tenants to promote products and services. Very hands on approach.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Capital Realty. Our community is ready to answer.