First Canadian Insurance Corporation Employee Reviews

Even if you're desperate - look elsewhere.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB15 February 2017
I strongly urge you to not work for this company. The office dynamics are atrocious, gossip, feuds and other dramatic nonsense. The management was non existent, my "supervisor" didn't even know my name even though there were only three of us. My boss? The root of all the problems. I was not given any sort of training, was not told directly of errors I was making. When I told my boss and coworkers I would be requiring their help to learn I was let go. The unfortunate thing is that this is a very common occurrence with this office. During the one month I was employed with them two girls quit midday and walked out with smiles on their faces and many others leaving for better jobs. The people leaving are very helpful, kind and caring. If you work here you'll be working with the people who stay and are the complete opposite of these things with a few rare exceptions. I left with a smile on my face today as well, escorted by my "boss", this being the longest interaction she evee had with me. 😊
Pros
Free bad coffee?
Cons
Terrible office dynamics, no training, no communication, invasion of privacy
this company is all about the bottom dollar... no respect for their employee's
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 January 2017
The one important goal to this company is the dollar, the employee's mean nothing. The management in the disability claims department have no issue with publicly reprimanding their employees.
Worst management I've ever dealt with
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2015
Without a doubt some of the most incompetent and condescending managers I've ever had the pleasure of working for - at least in the dealer support department.

You'd probably have more job satisfaction picking bottles up at the side of the highway than work for this company.
Pros
you'll get quite a few holidays right off the bat - but need to use for sick days, appointments, etc.
Cons
absolutely horrible management
Management was horrible
ACCOUNT MANAGER, Eastern, Ontario (Former Employee) –  Ontario28 May 2015
No support and training help from anyone.
The manager never left his house, never called to see how his employees were doing,
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Fast pace, lots of upset customers
French Cancellations Insurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  sherwood park alberta2 June 2014
There is no grey area in this line of work. Either you make someone's year or your break it. Rejected claims or cancellations of rejected claims is never fun. You need a thick skin to work here. But if you are up for the challenge then go for it. Great people and benefits.
Pros
benefits, people
Cons
some managment issues