First Canadian Financial Group

First Canadian Financial Group Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Very good employers
The management at first canadian is optimum. You feel like a human being working there. They care about the employees an dthey listen to their concerns. Which is wonderful
Micro management
If you don't fit in they will find a way to remove you even after being a seasoned employee. Good benefits was the matched RRSPs, and the holiday events. Health benefits sucked. Casual days no longer existed. Management micromanaged. You were not allowed to have an opinion as you were always listed as wrong. If someone else did something wrong and you took their position you would be blamed.
Claims coordinator
It is a good place to work if you don't get caught up in the gossip/drama that women create. Tp was great to work for and you will move up if that is where you want to go.
It was a great experience with a huge learning curve.\

Thx.
Amazing Culture, exciting changes, Love coming to work everyday!
The changes made to the Claims Department in the past 6 months have been incredible!

The change in leadership and re-structuring of the department has resulted in a dynamic and challenging team that I am so excited to be a part of! 4 amazing supervisors who are always available for support and encouragement, combined with challenging and exciting work makes it so easy to come to work every day!

My peers are fantastic to work with and the team environment is thriving under the new leadership! I am so appreciative of the opportunities that are given to me.

Advancement opportunities are based on performance and not length of service, which adds to the strength of the leadership team.

Great work/life balance with ample days off per year, occasional flexibility in shift helps with work/life balance also!

I've found my long term career!
Pros
Leadership, Team Members, challenging job, I can't say enough!
Cons
9-6 shift
Modern Environment, Great culture
FCIC's office was recently renovated and includes tons of windows, locally sourced art, stand-up desks, brand new amenities and an employee-only gym opening soon. In my department, my team works closely with management in a culture that is open for collaboration. Work is definitely challenging but we're mostly self-managed with lots of support from peers or upper management when needed. The work is really diverse and priorities can change from day to day or minute to minute.This is NOT a company that is stuck in outdated methods because "if it's not broke, don't fix it." We are encouraged to innovate and come up with new and better ways to accomplish things. I feel like I can voice my opinion or pitch ideas and have them be respected and considered. The office environment and work-life balance are far better than anything my friends outside of the corporation have.
Pros
Vacation time, office environment, and culture
Cons
Lots to learn and attention to detail is crucial
Long Term Career
First Canadian Insurance Corporation values its employees and fosters the development of each individual. Hard work is recognized and rewarded. There is plenty of opportunity to participate in various projects around the office which keeps employees motivated and dedicated to the job. Employees who are struggling are provided with tools to foster their development. This includes support from management and the option to enroll in additional schooling/classes as needed. Fantastic company to work for especially if you are looking for a long-term career.
Pros
Great ETO/Vacation Program, Opportunities to Participate in Projects, Supportive Management
Cons
Late Hours of Operation - 6pm
Great culture on a winning team.
Fantastic company that takes an active interest in developing their people. Everyone is committed to making a difference for their clients. Working in the field, every day is different which allows you to develop and exercise a variety of skills and talents. A large growing organization which presents lots of opportunities but still family run, so you don't feel like just a number.
Pros
Flexible and diverse days
Cons
Can require lots of travel if you work outside Head Office
Great people and culture
First Canadian believes in their employees and have offered development opportunities to many of their current staff. Because of this they are a fantastic company to grow your career with as they reward hard-work and effort. Management is approachable and supportive.
Pros
Active in the community, fantastic social club
Cons
Parking on the street as the parking lot is full
Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Canadian Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4