Firemaster Oilfield Services Inc

Firemaster Oilfield Services Inc: 15 Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews

I don’t get respected for my years of experience

There’s a few employees that have to much pole & if you get on their wrong side look out. Even if they don’t have the proper training. No training & partnered with other people with no training.

Pros

Good schedule

Good place to work but work away from home lots

Firemaster treated me well until the end there was a hiccup there so I decided to move on. If you do your courses you can move up quickly and make excellent money. I do recommend firemaster

Insights into Firemaster Oilfield Services Inc

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Worst every place to work

Treated differently because I was female, female harassment is apparently ok, if your male ya male like the place. The worst experience of my life was at Firemaster.

Pros

were a few good ones employed there

Cons

Everything else!!

I love to work here

This is a very nice and reliable conducive environment to work for every man that wants to become some one better in life because they treat their employees perfectly

I would not recommend working for this company.

Got blind sided with a lay off, 3 months of training on the schedule and sent home. Certain management not qualified to be in the position, but that doesn't matter to them. Don't speak bad about certain people or you will be outed. They have favorite employees and those people can do no wrong.

Cons

long hours, no appreciation for extra effort

Co workers are great people to work with

I would have stayed longer but the biggest drawback is being away from home. If you are day rate it's great to be able to take some time off when needed.

Pros

Traveling and seeing new people and places

Cons

Being away from home, living out of a suitcase.

Culture of micromanagers and incompetents

Management culture is backward throwback from 40 years ago. Never seen a company whose workforce are comprised of lazy do nothing all day but stand arounds. Totally uninspiring and boring. Typical day is stand around and watch people work. In house training not recognized as industry standard such as Enform provides. Qualified workers in rescue would not be physically able to do the job if/when emergency happens.

Cons

not a real job, poor pay, low moral

good place

pretty good place to work nice team always very good to work with. not great pay lots of computer work hard to sit stationary all day . great start .

good

Cons

pay is low

Job was awesome but management not so much

Worked 12 Hour days, 4 on 4 off. The medics, Firefighter, and H2S employees were awesome. Management let the power get to their heads. Miscommunication were always placed blame on the employee. Disliked Management the most but loved the other people I worked with.

Pros

Good Pay, Great hours, Awesome staff

Good industry starter job

Firemaster was the "foot in the door" as a Safety Professional but on the job learning was limited. The job was all out of town work and I didnt work with any other HSE professionals so there was no mentorship.

Pros

Initial HSE opportunity

Cons

Remote work and away from my wife and kids

a typical day in the oil patch

It's just another oilfield safety service company unpredictable work days learned more about the oilfield no benefits as a day rater

Pros

Subsistance in the field

Cons

Unpredictable

don't do it

Only worked for this company for about 5 months then I got out of there cause I couldn't stand it anymore. They lay people off without warning, cut your salary and job bonuses. After they laid people off they deducted courses and equipment from there pay. You don't get paid travel time which some days can be 4-5 hours. Usually 2 hours a day travel time you don't get paid for after working a 12 hr day. The salary and job bonuses suck, you don't make alot of money there. They hold your job bonuses a whole month before paying you them. I took the job for firefighting experience, don't do that. You get no firefighting experience there, all you do is sit in a truck for 12 hours a day, and live out of hotels for 2 weeks at a time. Wouldn't be so bad if you got paid more.

Great compay

Great company, unfortunately because of the oil price the jobs have dropped. Hopefully oil will go back to its regular states.

Firemaster is a good company for any young person to start their career in and advance their career

Firemaster is a company that allows an individual to grow and learn the industry from the ground up. With an excellent training program and lots of room for growth. Working in all facets of the safety industry gives a person the feeling of learning every day. The hardest part of the job is the extended periods of time away from your home base and the many days of long hours. Satisfaction is a pre-requisit for this company.

Pros

Room for personal growth

Cons

Industry ups and downs. Spring breakup and road bans suck.

OIlfield safety company

I have been a medic for 10yrs and it has been great, you work with some good companies and some bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firemaster Oilfield Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement