Firehouse Subs

Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews
 To serve food that is fresh and hot.
 Greet customers, take the orders, enhance their customer service skills, and know the complete menu so they can handle any questions the customers might have.

 Learn all the food preparations, make subs, restock supplies, clean tables, take out trash, clean floors, make sure the outside of the restaurant is clean, and follow all regulations set by the company.

 Work in a fast-paced environment as a team member being fast while being careful of others around them.
Worthless
Owner's of the frenchise is irresponsible to showup the things on time. They terminate you when they want, no job security, working at some of the location with managers are fine, most of the people are fa0mily of owners so they are taking advantage of that.
Always busy
Always things to do, but very kind staff. Sometimes gets very fast paces and stressful but its fine. A lot of things to learn and a lot of opportunities can come from this place.
Loved my time there.
I loved my time at firehouse. The manager has some issues. Was fired for calling the labour board because she didn’t give us our schedule until 11pm the day before. Always had excuses for not having it. Her manager skills I’d say were poor across the board, if you didn’t kiss butt you got kicked. My team was great. Sad to say none of my original team still works there.
Productive and fun paced
the work is fast paced but still handle everything.Firehouse Subs was a productive safe environment place to work at, nice employees, satisfied customers. What I learned from management is how customers come first.I have started my career with this company learned a lot about management and inventory including back-office paperwork.
the team was great supportive.
Productive safe environment ,
Overall good working place
i like to work at firehouse subs. Excellent work experience and management team is very collaborative and people usually work hard. All employees do hard work to satisfy their guests.
learned alot
the team was great supportive.
Team members were amazing and the environment felt safe.
Firehouse subs has the best environment and I made so many friends while working there. To this day, me and my co workers still talk. Everyone was so friendly and hardworking at the same time.
fast passed, but fun work environment
worked in a few food related areas..
I been working for Fire House Subs, Brampton, Ontario location for over a year now as there main slicer (since they opened here). the pair that I work for are the best of the best, and fellow co workers I love like family, and i love what we stand for, Good Food, and giving back to our community.
A place where you can make contacts as well as your experience with different types of personalities.
A perfect place to work where one can learn and achieve lot of experience, excellence and management skills. The atmosphere at firehouse subs, barrhaven is just the way you work at home.
Really good!
Firehouse is a great place to work. Positive environment, encouraging managers, flexible hours, good pay and kind staff. We’re all a good team, everyone works together!
Good First Job, but Watch Your Back
If you're looking for a good first job, and don't intend to work for more than a few months, Firehouse Subs is pretty good as far as the food service industry goes. It's kitschy, but fun, and coworkers are by-and-large great people. The customer base is a lot more pleasant than one might expect to see in food service: I worked here for a LONG time, and I can count on one hand the number of genuinely unpleasant customers I had to deal with. The turnover rate is very high, so aside from the franchise owners don't expect to have a coworker around for more than a few months.

The job is, however, physically and emotionally draining. There are no breaks beyond the government-mandated half hour for a shift longer than five hours, no anti-fatigue mats, and no opportunity to sit down. Good work shoes are a MUST. You should also be prepared to put on a happy facade 100% of the time for your customers. Expectations can be demanding: the menu must be memorized in under a week or you're out. If you're not making food, you're cleaning anything and everything. You must be fast, fast, fast, and as error-free as humanly possible.

Benefits are non-existent. If you are not a manager, you are paid minimum wage. Full-time workers get one free meal per shift, part-time workers get 50% off on one meal per shift. Do not expect anything beyond that.

Hours are highly flexible, however, which is a bonus. Management does well at organizing shifts around employee availability, as long as you are clear about when you can and cannot work. Training is effective and thorough. You will not be expected
 - more...
okay
it was a job. nothing special. you are expected to greet every customer that walks in the door. if you don’t you will be reprimanded. low pay and expected to do lots. easy first job for young people
Helped on improving my managerial skill
This job helped me to realize how can i handle my managerial skill. I realized that i can deal so much with people. This is a fast working atmosphere and helped me to develop my skills on that.
Great workplace environment!
Working at Firehouse Subs is a blast. Always something to do, you never get bored, and the other employees are very friendly and talkative. The management is very friendly and are always looking to help out if you have a question or concern.
Good place to work great staff and friendly and good bosses
Firehouse Subs is a great place to work very fast paced but easy work. The staff was awesome and the bosses were great. The only thing I did not like was the scheduling the way they did it and the amount of hours you got were not enough. But other then that the job was good.
Friendly Environment
You would love working with great teammates and awesome managers here and they provide an amazing friendly environment, but the hard work is not well paid!
A Great First Job
I loved working at FireHouse Subs. The coworkers and managers I worked with were so understanding and fun to work with. We would make jokes, talk to each other about our life — a very relaxed place to work. There were times where we had a big rush, and that gets a little stressful, but at least you weren't bored. They also take chances on their employees, when I applied the only experience I had was babysitting, which made it hard for me to find a job, but FireHouse hired me on the spot. They took the time to train me and give me experience. I would recommend this job to anyone who is willing to work and has a positive attitude.
the place is an overall good environment but does have a high turn-over rate not exactly sure why because i usually enjoyed my time there. other then that the owners are pretty good with staff as well
Managers harass you
The managers will send you rude and nasty emails, they’ll hire over qualified workers promising supervisor positions or stores of their own and then not ever provide any training or raises but expect them to do all the work. Bosses send harassing and nasty emails regularly that are completely uncalled for and flat out harassment. Do not recommend