Fireball Equipment Ltd.

Fireball Equipment Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews

cultureemployeecompanymanagementgoodgreatworktime

Fireball's strong suit is the people here. Everyone is friendly and helpful, and the management truly wants to create a positive workplace culture.

The people who work at Fireball are great. The job is busy, and sometimes hectic, but the people truly want to help each other. Tasks are equal parts individualized, giving you have the freedom to put forth fresh ideas, and collaborative so if you need help, there's always someone willing to assist. Everyone is expected to put in a full effort and take "ownership" of their own position (ie make it their own), but everyone is also very helpful if you need any assistance or guidance. While no company is perfect, Fireball's management truly wishes to create a positive workplace environment and culture. Free fresh fruit for staff, coffee and teas stocked for staff as well. "Super committee" to plan fun events, and health and wellness committee.

Pros

good culture, good employees/coworkers, managers are open to new ideas, pay is competitive.

Cons

Job descriptions are pretty vague, the workload can be heavy at times

Company culture is a priority at Fireball

Fireball genuinely cares about its employees. The work is interesting, plenty of training is offered and management wants you to succeed. The individuals that are hired here are chosen for a reason as everyone has a unique skill set. In the short time I've been here, I've learned so much and have felt supported. There is also open communication as the business wants to hear from you about how to make improvements (process automation, allocation of resources, templates, etc.)

Pros

Training, supportive management, work-life balance, niche work

Cons

No RRSP-match program currently available

Insights into Fireball Equipment Ltd.

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Productive and fun workplace

Very good working environment, management cares about the employees, fast-paced and safety oriented.They have a healthy snack cooler which is awesome, and lots of perks.

This is a great company to call your career. This place is more then a job. They treat you like family. Everyone helps everyone. We are all one strong team.

An Excellent Employer!

After a year off from work due to a variety of factors, I was looking for to transition my career path and job type from EPC focused on the construction side of things for 7+ years to the engineering side of things going forward. I wanted to put to use and put into practice my newly acquired P.Eng along with my relevant design experience in Electrical Engineering. In addition, I wanted a company with strong and cooperative work culture, collaborative team efforts with colleagues, and high value placed on employees. I found all of that and much more with Fireball Equipment Ltd. Right from the very first day, I was welcomed and integrated into the company, team, and work environment fostered at Fireball. No one is left behind and no one is considered above anyone else; all employees are considered and treated as equals, and an enormous emphasis is placed on people/the work team. Fireball Equipment Ltd. ended up being the perfect match for what I wanted and was looking for in an employer, work culture, core values, my role and responsibilities, an amazing team of colleagues to work with and learn from, work-life balance, and compensation. 10/10, Highly Recommended Employer.

Pros

The People (Management, Colleagues, and The Team that you work with), Work Culture, Work Environment, Core Values, Work-Life Balance, Compensation, A Friendly and Caring Employer!

Cons

Minor Con - No RRSP/Pension program.

Fast paced work with fun walks at lunch & table tennis matches

A typical day at Fireball involves reaching office at around 730-8. Peaceful working hours are accompanied by random fun visits by the owner of the company who loves to share laughs and his knowledge with everyone.Lunch breaks are usually chatty with freezing walks around the block with colleagues and warming table tennis matches. Manager and HR try their best to align company and personal goals of individual employees creating a very healthy and positive work culture. Being a small scale company, everyone knows everyone and the feeling is more like a family.

Flexible schedule, Great workplace culture, growing company with great leadership

I've worked in several multinational companies (>5k employees) over my career, and when difficult times come, you are just a disposable asset. I saw people get laid off even with 25+ years working at the company after a merger/acquisition or market crashes.At Fireball, the leadership team knows that the greatest value of the company is human capital. They look after them supporting and encouraging them to thrive. The working hours are flexible allowing you to take care of your family. balancing work-life / personal-life.It is a great place to work.

Pros

people oriented, great colleagues, tons of opportunities to excels

Cons

due to business expansion needs little more task coordination between disciplines..

Fireball is an awesome place to work!

A great culture with opportunity for advancement. Safety and customer focus are key priorities. There is lots of flexibility for employees such as work from home, great benefits such as health and wellness, dental and drug plan.

Pros

Flexibility, remote work

Well managed company with good work culture and interesting work

This is a great company to work for. Management is competent and they make a good effort to treat employees fairly and address their concerns. The industry is interesting, the work is engaging, and there is always new things to learn. Being a small/midsized company, your contribution is valued and you feel like an integral part of the team.

Pros

Fair salary, employee benefits, interesting work

Cons

Work role less defined

good people at the helm

good company but there is always a high turn over of staff, this is a good company but the non filed employees are top heavy, time that we are out of work

Pros

team meetings

Cons

benefits plans, no pension thoughts for keeping long term employee

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fireball Equipment Ltd.?

poor data management

tribal knowledge was hard to share across all the team members. the technical skills required for the job slows down the quoting process. hard to move items through the sales cycle.

Good Culture and Money

Great place to work. Most management makes a good effort at keeping life from getting stressful. Paid well for my work and I'm satisfied by the work/life balance. In-Office massages, personal health allowances, and a lot of little perks add up to a pretty good office experience. Management has been heavily reshuffled over the last few years. People seem to be happier with that. I never really had any trouble in the first place. As for some of the other reviewers: What else do you think would happen after failing another drug test? Lollipops?

Pros

Good culture perks and work expectations.

Cons

Sometimes a little chaotic, although that's been improving!

Terrible place to work

Don’t waste your time working at Fireball Equipment. Management have no clue what they are doing they are unfit to be in leadership roles. If you choose to work here then be prepared for a extremely toxic work environment you will be thrown under the bus by the incompetent management. Fireball equipment is a sinking ship work here at your own risk.

Lac of Culture and no room for advancement

Very busy work environment, lots to do. Everyone feels the crunch so you best be suited for the position that you're hired on for. You will learn to utilize your organizational skills, to think out side of the box and to rely on your own expertise. This will be the very reason you're hired. The company employs amazing talent but, they tend to leave within the first few years due to the culture. The most challenging part of the job is dealing with a very top-heavy management style which results in a toxic work culture. HR does not address concerns as they themselves talk about the poor management. This also results in a lack of good company culture. There is a clear division between the departments. You will settle into a clique rather quickly. The long service award is presented on your 5th year of employment, this only goes to show you what employee retention is like.

Pros

Free Lunches, food truck once or twice a year

Cons

nepotism and lack of culture

Talented Employees, no room for advancement

With the "Top down Management" approach, it not only rubs employees the wrong way but, makes them feel undervalued. The great thing is that employee recruitment is excellent. You have to pass a certain criteria to even get in through the door. There is a lot of talented staff but, very low staff retention due to a lack of advancement and recognition. The remote staff are often left feeling isolated and are typically not engaged in the company. A lot of top level performers move onto other companies due to this reason. Perks, if you're in the office, is the Healthy Snack Fridge. Lots of snacks to chose from when you're on the go.

Pros

Office BBQs in the Summer

Cons

Low Staff Recognition and Culture that needs much improvement

A fantastic place to work

My review will likely not do this company justice. When I started working for Fireball Equipment, I was welcomed with open arms into what really felt like a family. I know all employers like to tout that their employees are all part of a family, but this was the first workplace I genuinely felt it. They take great pride & care in their company culture and spare no expense for great team building and social gatherings. While I was employed, trust was placed in me to use my professional expertise to make the right decisions. Management was receptive to new ideas and actively made sure that any professional development I needed, I received. I never felt that I needed to wade through layers of bureaucracy to be heard. Compensation was extremely competitive, benefits were great, and their HR staff is amazing. The President & General Manager participated in regular performance reviews, going out of their way to praise good work and provide valuable feedback on how they saw me growing within the company. I never felt like a cog in the wheel, I felt like a valued team member, and they let me know it. They also strongly emphasize the importance of work/life balance, and that was really refreshing as a dad of two young children. I highly recommend Fireball Equipment to anyone considering working for this company.

Great Workplace, Interesting Work

Really enjoyed my time at Fireball. The company did a ton for its employees (bbqs, company meetings for whole staff, benefits, lunch & snacks in the cooler). They are well positioned in a great industry.

Great company who values their employees, constantly working on improving

Fireball is a great company to get on board with. Similar sized ones don’t put half the effort into HR, Culture, or employee development. It’s a family owned business and this shows; Not many other places still purchase gifts for your children at Christmas.

Pros

Salary with benefits, Automatic Paid leave at Christmas, Education opportunities

Cons

Growing pains as company moves forward

Fast Paced and Growing

My experience working at Fireball Equipment was a very positive one. They have a growth-based mindset and strong family values. The management group is client-focused and has always been open to improvement and feedback. There is a high expectation of performance as management drives to provide superior service.

Pros

High energy, driven team of leaders.

Good place to work, excellent culture

Reasonable people to work with all around, good support from management and upper levels when required, good relationships with suppliers and partners, I learned quite a lot in the time I was there

Pros

Snacks and lunches in the cooler

Official response from Fireball Equipment Ltd.

6 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the comments.Fireball Equipment Ltd.

Lack of culture not even close to mission statement.

Management changes in the past 2 years have resulted in loss of some great personal.Fireball is on a fast down slide.This company had so much potential to go from good to great.Traction is what they need.Seems like they follow a different business manual each month.During my time there the New manager spoke with me probably a total of 3 minutes.Workplace culture consisted of not having questions or issues addressed by HR or management.

Pros

No pros work for this company

Official response from Fireball Equipment Ltd.

6 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you felt this way. We would be happy to discuss further, should you be willing. You can reach out to us directly at info@fireball.ca Sincerely, Fireball Equipment Ltd.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fireball Equipment Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Fireball Equipment Ltd. reviews by location

Learn about Fireball Equipment Ltd. in popular locations

• Fireball Equipment Ltd.