Fireball Equipment Ltd. Employee Reviews

Good Culture and Money
Knowledge Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2019
Great place to work. Most management makes a good effort at keeping life from getting stressful. Paid well for my work and I'm satisfied by the work/life balance.

In-Office massages, personal health allowances, and a lot of little perks add up to a pretty good office experience.

Management has been heavily reshuffled over the last few years. People seem to be happier with that. I never really had any trouble in the first place.

As for some of the other reviewers: What else do you think would happen after failing another drug test? Lollipops?
Pros
Good culture perks and work expectations.
Cons
Sometimes a little chaotic, although that's been improving!
Terrible place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2019
Don’t waste your time working at Fireball Equipment. Management have no clue what they are doing they are unfit to be in leadership roles. If you choose to work here then be prepared for a extremely toxic work environment you will be thrown under the bus by the incompetent management. Fireball equipment is a sinking ship work here at your own risk.
Lac of Culture and no room for advancement
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2019
Very busy work environment, lots to do.
Everyone feels the crunch so you best be suited for the position that you're hired on for.

You will learn to utilize your organizational skills, to think out side of the box and to rely on your own expertise. This will be the very reason you're hired.

The company employs amazing talent but, they tend to leave within the first few years due to the culture.

The most challenging part of the job is dealing with a very top-heavy management style which results in a toxic work culture. HR does not address concerns as they themselves talk about the poor management. This also results in a lack of good company culture.

There is a clear division between the departments. You will settle into a clique rather quickly.

The long service award is presented on your 5th year of employment, this only goes to show you what employee retention is like.
Pros
Free Lunches, food truck once or twice a year
Cons
nepotism and lack of culture
Talented Employees, no room for advancement
Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2019
With the "Top down Management" approach, it not only rubs employees the wrong way but, makes them feel undervalued.

The great thing is that employee recruitment is excellent. You have to pass a certain criteria to even get in through the door.
There is a lot of talented staff but, very low staff retention due to a lack of advancement and recognition.

The remote staff are often left feeling isolated and are typically not engaged in the company. A lot of top level performers move onto other companies due to this reason.

Perks, if you're in the office, is the Healthy Snack Fridge. Lots of snacks to chose from when you're on the go.
Pros
Office BBQs in the Summer
Cons
Low Staff Recognition and Culture that needs much improvement
A fantastic place to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2019
My review will likely not do this company justice. When I started working for Fireball Equipment, I was welcomed with open arms into what really felt like a family. I know all employers like to tout that their employees are all part of a family, but this was the first workplace I genuinely felt it. They take great pride & care in their company culture and spare no expense for great team building and social gatherings.

While I was employed, trust was placed in me to use my professional expertise to make the right decisions. Management was receptive to new ideas and actively made sure that any professional development I needed, I received. I never felt that I needed to wade through layers of bureaucracy to be heard.

Compensation was extremely competitive, benefits were great, and their HR staff is amazing. The President & General Manager participated in regular performance reviews, going out of their way to praise good work and provide valuable feedback on how they saw me growing within the company. I never felt like a cog in the wheel, I felt like a valued team member, and they let me know it. They also strongly emphasize the importance of work/life balance, and that was really refreshing as a dad of two young children.

I highly recommend Fireball Equipment to anyone considering working for this company.
Great Workplace, Interesting Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2019
Really enjoyed my time at Fireball. The company did a ton for its employees (bbqs, company meetings for whole staff, benefits, lunch & snacks in the cooler). They are well positioned in a great industry.
Great company who values their employees, constantly working on improving
Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2019
Fireball is a great company to get on board with. Similar sized ones don’t put half the effort into HR, Culture, or employee development. It’s a family owned business and this shows; Not many other places still purchase gifts for your children at Christmas.
Pros
Salary with benefits, Automatic Paid leave at Christmas, Education opportunities
Cons
Growing pains as company moves forward
Fast Paced and Growing
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2019
My experience working at Fireball Equipment was a very positive one. They have a growth-based mindset and strong family values. The management group is client-focused and has always been open to improvement and feedback.

There is a high expectation of performance as management drives to provide superior service.
Pros
High energy, driven team of leaders.
Good place to work, excellent culture
Customer IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2018
Reasonable people to work with all around, good support from management and upper levels when required, good relationships with suppliers and partners, I learned quite a lot in the time I was there
Pros
Snacks and lunches in the cooler
6 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the comments.

Fireball Equipment Ltd.

Lack of culture not even close to mission statement.
Service install (Former Employee) –  Not Edmonton18 October 2018
Management changes in the past 2 years have resulted in loss of some great personal.Fireball is on a fast down slide.This company had so much potential to go from good to great.Traction is what they need.Seems like they follow a different business manual each month.During my time there the New manager spoke with me probably a total of 3 minutes.Workplace culture consisted of not having questions or issues addressed by HR or management.
Pros
No pros work for this company
6 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you felt this way. We would be happy to discuss further, should you be willing.

Fireball Equipment Ltd.

Great work just not a great place to work.Difficult getting training And certifications that were asked for .
Installation service tecnician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB not17 September 2017
Really enjoyed doing my job got great reviews from clients.Never got this feeling from management.
Company has great potential to succeed.Management is greatest weakness.
Felt left out being remote.
Pros
Some free lunches and get togathers
Cons
Lack of communication poor management practices.Felt like a number not a name.
6 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback. Supporting our staff in the field is always a challenge, and something that we are determined to improve on. We would be happy to discuss further, should you be willing.

technician
Petroleum mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2017
Petroleum mechanic
Service installation technician
Laid off due to lack of work

I have nothing further to add to my comments....................................
Great Work, Poor Management
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2016
I loved the work, very strongly disliked the management since it changed to a new manager a year ago. Very little support to technicians in the field out of town.
Pros
Good Pay, and great work
Cons
Management and Office politics

Great Place to Work
Electrical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 July 2014
Nice group of laid back people, let you work at your own pace.
great people very good work environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2014
Good company to work for, great people and always having fun working.
Pros
free bbq
Cons
favoritisms
Great Work Environment
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2013
This is a fantastic place to work if you have the right job. It is a great environment however I do not see much room for advancment for myself.
Pros
Great Culture, and people to work with.
Cons
no room for advancement in a position such as reception
good place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2013
good place to work. They treat employees well, and fairly. Fireball is very cutting edge in the way they are run.
Disfunctional workplace
Window Washer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2012
The industrial product side of the business eventually produces decent products but are never on time and have lackluster profit margins. There are many systemic problems with this expanding business and will most likely remain chronic if their leadership does change their philosophy. The "Maverick" managing by the seat of your pants will not be sustainable. Great business potential that is based primarily on the Mining Industry. The business has no real competitors. Their specific product and industry niche is ripe for competitors.
Pros
fun product
Cons
micro management, its a daily emotional roller coaster ride.
Great Place to work.
Shipper and Receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 October 2012
It was a great place to work. For me the timing sucked becasue there was no jobs open to keep moving up in the company
Pros
free lunches, morning breakfast meetings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fireball Equipment Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Fireball Equipment Ltd. Reviews by Location