Fireball Equipment Ltd.

Fireball Equipment Ltd. Employee Reviews

good company but there is always a high turn over of staff, this is a good company but the non filed employees are top heavy, time that we are out of work
Pros
team meetings
Cons
benefits plans, no pension thoughts for keeping long term employee
Great management team. Made me feel valued from day one. Salary above industry standard. Rewarding active and challenging role in a dynamic and progressive company. Definitely apply at Fireball if you want to feel appreciated. I would recommend Fireball to anyone. You are not just a number here, they really care about each person.
Pros
Great salary, awesome team, no limits, flexibility
Cons
Im writing this during the Covid crisis and every business is trying to do what it can right now.
tribal knowledge was hard to share across all the team members. the technical skills required for the job slows down the quoting process. hard to move items through the sales cycle.
Great place to work. Most management makes a good effort at keeping life from getting stressful. Paid well for my work and I'm satisfied by the work/life balance. In-Office massages, personal health allowances, and a lot of little perks add up to a pretty good office experience. Management has been heavily reshuffled over the last few years. People seem to be happier with that. I never really had any trouble in the first place. As for some of the other reviewers: What else do you think would happen after failing another drug test? Lollipops?
Pros
Good culture perks and work expectations.
Cons
Sometimes a little chaotic, although that's been improving!
Don’t waste your time working at Fireball Equipment. Management have no clue what they are doing they are unfit to be in leadership roles. If you choose to work here then be prepared for a extremely toxic work environment you will be thrown under the bus by the incompetent management. Fireball equipment is a sinking ship work here at your own risk.
Very busy work environment, lots to do. Everyone feels the crunch so you best be suited for the position that you're hired on for. You will learn to utilize your organizational skills, to think out side of the box and to rely on your own expertise. This will be the very reason you're hired. The company employs amazing talent but, they tend to leave within the first few years due to the culture. The most challenging part of the job is dealing with a very top-heavy management style which results in a toxic work culture. HR does not address concerns as they themselves talk about the poor management. This also results in a lack of good company culture. There is a clear division between the departments. You will settle into a clique rather quickly. The long service award is presented on your 5th year of employment, this only goes to show you what employee retention is like.
Pros
Free Lunches, food truck once or twice a year
Cons
nepotism and lack of culture
With the "Top down Management" approach, it not only rubs employees the wrong way but, makes them feel undervalued. The great thing is that employee recruitment is excellent. You have to pass a certain criteria to even get in through the door. There is a lot of talented staff but, very low staff retention due to a lack of advancement and recognition. The remote staff are often left feeling isolated and are typically not engaged in the company. A lot of top level performers move onto other companies due to this reason. Perks, if you're in the office, is the Healthy Snack Fridge. Lots of snacks to chose from when you're on the go.
Pros
Office BBQs in the Summer
Cons
Low Staff Recognition and Culture that needs much improvement
My review will likely not do this company justice. When I started working for Fireball Equipment, I was welcomed with open arms into what really felt like a family. I know all employers like to tout that their employees are all part of a family, but this was the first workplace I genuinely felt it. They take great pride & care in their company culture and spare no expense for great team building and social gatherings. While I was employed, trust was placed in me to use my professional expertise to make the right decisions. Management was receptive to new ideas and actively made sure that any professional development I needed, I received. I never felt that I needed to wade through layers of bureaucracy to be heard. Compensation was extremely competitive, benefits were great, and their HR staff is amazing. The President & General Manager participated in regular performance reviews, going out of their way to praise good work and provide valuable feedback on how they saw me growing within the company. I never felt like a cog in the wheel, I felt like a valued team member, and they let me know it. They also strongly emphasize the importance of work/life balance, and that was really refreshing as a dad of two young children. I highly recommend Fireball Equipment to anyone considering working for this company.
Really enjoyed my time at Fireball. The company did a ton for its employees (bbqs, company meetings for whole staff, benefits, lunch & snacks in the cooler). They are well positioned in a great industry.
Fireball is a great company to get on board with. Similar sized ones don’t put half the effort into HR, Culture, or employee development. It’s a family owned business and this shows; Not many other places still purchase gifts for your children at Christmas.
Pros
Salary with benefits, Automatic Paid leave at Christmas, Education opportunities
Cons
Growing pains as company moves forward
My experience working at Fireball Equipment was a very positive one. They have a growth-based mindset and strong family values. The management group is client-focused and has always been open to improvement and feedback. There is a high expectation of performance as management drives to provide superior service.
Pros
High energy, driven team of leaders.
Reasonable people to work with all around, good support from management and upper levels when required, good relationships with suppliers and partners, I learned quite a lot in the time I was there
Pros
Snacks and lunches in the cooler
6 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the comments.Fireball Equipment Ltd.
Management changes in the past 2 years have resulted in loss of some great personal.Fireball is on a fast down slide.This company had so much potential to go from good to great.Traction is what they need.Seems like they follow a different business manual each month.During my time there the New manager spoke with me probably a total of 3 minutes.Workplace culture consisted of not having questions or issues addressed by HR or management.
Pros
No pros work for this company
6 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you felt this way. We would be happy to discuss further, should you be willing. You can reach out to us directly at info@fireball.ca Sincerely, Fireball Equipment Ltd.
Good people, fast paced, and lots to learn. Very top down management approach which can rub people the wrong way. People help and support you through the training process.
Pros
compensation
Cons
no growth opportunities
Really enjoyed doing my job got great reviews from clients.Never got this feeling from management. Company has great potential to succeed.Management is greatest weakness. Felt left out being remote.
Pros
Some free lunches and get togathers
Cons
Lack of communication poor management practices.Felt like a number not a name.
6 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Supporting our staff in the field is always a challenge, and something that we are determined to improve on. We would be happy to discuss further, should you be willing. You can reach out to us directly at info@fireball.ca Sincerely, Fireball Equipment Ltd.
Petroleum mechanic Service installation technician Laid off due to lack of work I have nothing further to add to my comments....................................
I loved the work, very strongly disliked the management since it changed to a new manager a year ago. Very little support to technicians in the field out of town.
Pros
Good Pay, and great work
Cons
Management and Office politics
6 February 2019
Good company to work for, great people and always having fun working.
Pros
free bbq
Cons
favoritisms
This is a fantastic place to work if you have the right job. It is a great environment however I do not see much room for advancment for myself.
Pros
Great Culture, and people to work with.
Cons
no room for advancement in a position such as reception
good place to work. They treat employees well, and fairly. Fireball is very cutting edge in the way they are run.
The industrial product side of the business eventually produces decent products but are never on time and have lackluster profit margins. There are many systemic problems with this expanding business and will most likely remain chronic if their leadership does change their philosophy. The "Maverick" managing by the seat of your pants will not be sustainable. Great business potential that is based primarily on the Mining Industry. The business has no real competitors. Their specific product and industry niche is ripe for competitors.
Pros
fun product
Cons
micro management, its a daily emotional roller coaster ride.