Fionn MacCool's Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 January 2020
Violations of ESA and OHRC everywhere. Management were awful and owners were complicit. No job security. Theft among staff. I will never work for another Fionn MacCools.
Great atmosphere with live music and a friendly team of servers, cooks and managers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON20 January 2020
Fionn MaCools is a very inclusive and energetic environment. It is very fast paced but it makes the time go by faster. The staff are some of the nicest people and always have a smile on their face. It is an amazing employment chain.
Pros
discounts on all Cara restaurant chains
Cons
no cons
A lively classic bar job
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB8 January 2020
Working at Fionn's was alright; The work is systematic, but the most rewarding part is making a random customer into a regular. Be prepared for extremely busy times and extremely slow times as well.
I honestly miss it
Waitres (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 January 2020
This place is to this day one of my top favourite places I’ve worked. It was fun and fast passed but also the managers are great at making everyone help and everyone wants to. The full time girls are hard to get along with but all the part time people are crazy nice and everyone is friends. When you start you work dining room which kinda sucks but you still make great money. The management is amazing ! They are there to help and want to. Work there if you can
fun atmosphere
Prep Chef (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON9 December 2019
I enjoy being a team player, but also particularly precise with my tasks. I respect my position and the people that are above me. It is a great place to work.
Review of employment with Fionn MacCools
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 December 2019
I did enjoy working ar Fionn's great work atmosphere, however the management was lacking at the the location I worked for and would not work with theit employees for the beat of the business.

Very fast paced enviornment.
Great Place IF You Can Handle It
Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 November 2019
Honestly, it is always a great time working at Fionn's. Sadly, you're rarely there. The hours are terrible, like 8 hours a week terrible. I've learned that even when the manager says "Treat each guest as a person, not a money bag" it's a load of dung. You get more shifts if you make the company more money. The workplace if a rumour mill, but not everyone supports it. I get to work with some amazing people, and sometimes my days are fantastic, but the nice days are maybe 1/3 of the actual days you can expect working here. If you can handle a tough management, competitive co-workers, and lack of shifts, then the limited good times are worth it.
ok place
Fry Cook/Desserts (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 November 2019
worked there do to amazing head mamager
was an all right place to work
left do to management treating me poorly
they do not exist in red deer anymore do to bankruptcy
Boring and no soul to this place.
Owner/ General Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 November 2019
Generic, cookie cutter concept. Corporate nightmare. Great if you like filling out HAACP and temp sheets all day. Awful, oppressive regional oversight but in store management was great despite this,
Good management and team! Work hours vary greatly though.
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 October 2019
I love the management and the team I work with! Everyone always helps out each other with running drinks and food, so tables are never left waiting long (which makes them happy). The only thing I would complain about is some weeks you get 30hrs/week and others you get 8hrs/week, it is definitely not a job you can rely on as your sole income.
Amazing place to work
General Manager / Part Owner (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 September 2019
Staffing is always a tough situation in the hospitality world. Working here was an amazing experience, the staff and management really made it a great place to work. Everyone was like a family, we cared about each others trials and celebrated each others victories. We had a ton of fun throughout the years. Definitely one of my favorite places I've ever worked.
Pros
Staff morale, delicious food, live music, trivia nights, amazing team atmosphere
Cons
productive and fun place to work at
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 September 2019
We were allowed one meal each day which was a nice add on as it made us feel more at home and made us like our job a little bit more. Management changed however at my time there which was the reason for many of us to leave.
Worst employment experience ever.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton23 July 2019
The owner does not respect staff. Demonstrates a flagrant disregard of employment standards. A revolving door for staff who generally are not compensated for outstanding wages.
It only proves that PT Barnum was right. There is a sucker born every minute. And I was one.
Pros
I learned a lesson
Cons
It sure was.
Fun Place to work.
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2019
Like a family! Everyone is always included. management is a little all over the place unfortunately.
The clientele is what really makes this bar most interesting.
Great workplace
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2019
I love it there very great atmosphere, Worker and management are excellent and the food is amazing, had a great time working there as many of my coworkers I now call my friends.
Horrible management and prioritizing
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2019
Most enjoyable part of the job was leaving, management was unprofessional and under maintained. Minimum amount of respect for each other. Highly DON'T recommend applying here. Can personally only speak for city center location.
Pros
Cons
way underpaid for the amount of work your responsible for
Fun, Easy place to work at
Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2019
Management is amazing, great job for students, lots of tasks to make work shifts shorter, very straight forward staff, easy menu to memorize, friendly co-workers.
Pros
Great atmosphere, live music
Cons
women have to buy their own uniforms, have to wear flames jersey on game days.
Busy and fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador9 March 2019
Serving and bartending job that is unreliable when it comes to how busy each day might be. Long closing hours. Fun staff to work with. Has gone through a lot of management change.
Productive and fun
Office Manager/ Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2019
Shifts can vary from mornings, afternoons or nights. Fast paced work environment, always something to do. Great staff! Everyone was fun and enjoyable to work with.
good
Prep Cook/Line Cook supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB26 February 2019
its all good,but not the management.
mishandled the good team.
i like the concept of the restaurant i wish it will open again with new boss and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fionn MacCool's. Our community is ready to answer.