FIO Automotive Employee Reviews

Fio
Production Welder (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON23 October 2018
About what you'd expect from factory work, not perfect but pays good. Typical day includes manning the machines and trying to meet quota. Management is good most of time.
Good work, Terrible Management
Transfer Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON10 September 2018
I worked at this company for over a decade, and it's main issue was that as it grew from a small 50 person shop to a 500 person shop the management lost all control and sensibility in their job. The communication was incredibly lacking between all levels and departments, and there was heavy favoritism and a complete lack of accordance with provincial and federal law.
Wouldn’t advise
Press operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON12 August 2018
I wouldn’t go back for double the hourly rate. There are more managers and team leaders than they could possibly need. If you don’t have and brown nose and stink stick in your nostrils you will never get anywhere. Tons of overtime always and very repetitive work.
Pros
Some great co workers
Cons
Everything but those coworkers
Fio automotive stratford
Worker (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON22 February 2017
My TL was nothing but ignorant to me during my student summer job. and the staff did nothing about it. it was always over 40 in there.
Great team.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON5 October 2016
I actually enjoyed this job. The amount of demand was quite high and allowed me to excel in different areas of the shop floor. The only thing that I did not like was the interview process outcome. I was told by the production manager that I had a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a team leader, however, I was too young. Thereafter hired two individuals into the team leadership role and they were both younger than I. Really brought a downfall towards the leadership within the company and the management on a managerial scale. Great people though, and I believe it was just a change of heart the following year. Very understanding while I was going through the worst case scenario in my life.
Pros
Pot lucks, and free meals.
Figure it out
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON28 January 2016
Too much mandatory overtime.
Decent pay and benefits.
Excellent job security but advancements can be difficult if you aren't friends with a higher up.
Some managers are fantastic, others aren't. Office has an open door policy but the door only opens one way.
Friendly and helpful co-workers have created a positive culture. Management needs to get employees more involved in kaizen
Pros
Job security
Cons
Mandatory overtime, some managers shouldnt be managers
FIO is the safest workplace I have ever worked.
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON12 July 2015
Lots of overtime, flexible schedule, good management, safe and friendly workplace. I learned how to operate robots in different cells. I got authorized tugger and forklift driving. We produce Toyota and Lexus body parts for Canada and USA locations. FIO is a fast paced and accurate company.
Can be boring but on the whole not to bad a place to work
Team memeber (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON19 April 2015
Have only 2 cells that I operate so I run these two everyday and it does get monotonous.
The importance of being safe and helping co-workers is what I have leaned on the job
Management have a habit of not keeping their team members informed of changes.
The co-workers are a good bunch of guys. They pick you up when things aren't going well.
The hardest part is not getting frustrated when being held back by another co-worker
Cons
Long time to become permanent