FIO Automotive

FIO Automotive Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Better than most for pay/bens. but cons outweighed the pros.
Pros
- Salary is better than most to start and tops out higher than most within industry/area

- Innovative technology (AGC's) that can alleviate some of the common stressors in manufacturing *when they're not backed up*

-Climate controlled work environment

- Designated departments (PC) are responsible for material handling, personally found it was nice majority of the time to not have to stop running &/or try to top up materials, components etc while running.

-Company Appreciation dinners

Cons

- Work/life balance isn't great, mandated ot every other day that increased from half to full periods even in the short time I was there

- Mandated ot has been a long standing issue, talk of no saturday ot isn't a new concept and hasn't been achievable for years

- Competitive nature between co-workers is usually a pro but I found people were unhealthily competitive. People weren't interested in succeeding as a team, lots of negativity and resentment between zones, shifts and people who achieved targets regularly.

-Company morale was low, people consistently watched for mistakes or things you did improperly and often went to higher ups instead of worrying about their own jobs or approaching in a kind way if it was a safety concern. Everyone is out for themselves.

-Favoritism, also fairly prevalent.

-Lengthy time periods to work up the ladder or even get cross trained in various zones/departments and minimal advancement opportunities (majority of GL's, TL's and management are close friends/family of other higher up's)
Good Pay/Benefits
Good Pay and Benefits. Lots of overtime, time and a half and double time pay
Advancement does not come easily to some and for others, promotions are handed out on a silver platter.

Some Management are great, others not so much.

Overall good place to work as long as you do your job and keep your head down.
leave your life at the door
every day its a struggle just to show up to work. They work you until you can't breath basically. most stressful place i have ever worked for. there is overtime everyday and they madate you. stay away you have been warned managment is a joke and don't care about you or your well being
Pros
tons of ot
Cons
everything
Kiss your life goodbye
I was excited when I first started there. Thought it would be great for me and my family. I barely made enough to get by, missed two years of my son's childhood, and wore out my body faster than any job. They are wasteful in their spending, expect an absurd amount of mandatory overtime and in general will never be happy until you are sucked dry. Highest turnover rate I've ever seen.
Horrible place to work
Horrible place to work. Only good thing was the people/co-workers that made this place tolerable. Very repetitive and boring, was always on same cell.
Great place
Management is great! People are great! The company actually cares about the person and works with you not against you! I have been here almost 3 months and by far the best factory I have worked at. Lots of room to move up too!
Cool
Was good people were good to work with supervisor and team lead was funny an fun to work with what I like most was hitting quota liked the fast pace work.
expects you to put work before your family
are not flexible at all when it comes to family and mandatory overtime, was let go when contract was up, managers not friendly, safety issues, will discriminate if managers don't like you
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FIO Automotive?
good for students, indians to gain experience.
stressfull job environment, job changes after every 2 hours , funny and un experienced team leaders, low salaries. good for new learners and immigrants. leg pulling between indians to maintain jobs.thanks ,
Poorly managed plant with tons of promise, Maintenance there is strictly fire fighting
I wasn't sure I wanted to leave a review after I left so I waited a few years to compose this. First of the people there, for the most part are fantastic. Maintenance consisted of a few skilled trades and a bunch of first response technicians (people with no background or skill plucked from the floor) These guys do what they can but often go beyond their skill set and this often leads to unsafe conditions and damage to the equipment. A maintenance position at this plant will leave you feeling under appreciated. The plant and all its sections are run till they wont run anymore then maintenance does what it can to put it back together again. Preventative maintenance often doesnt happen as time is not alotted for these critical tasks. Plant runs most weekends. The toughest part of the job is watching your equipment in your section run till it self detonates. Often parts are made so close to their shipment that they cant be shut down even for 20 minute repairs .
Pros
Due to its Toyota backing plant will most likely never close
Cons
constant OT, poor management
worst culture I have ever seen
Cons
Long time to become permanent
After the first month or so, I wanted to quit ASAP!
The management is ridiculous, and to join their ranks, you basically have to know or bl*w your superiors. The robotic cells are always messing up, and when that causes less production and the plant falls behind, the TM’s on the floor get the blame for not being fast enough. I was there for 4 months, didn’t get my benefits. Was told to work with a shoulder injury, and I’ve seen people being made come in on CRUTCHES still having to work.
Pros
You’ll be lucky if you find any...
Cons
Just keep your eyes and ears open and you’ll hear it all.
Productive and fun work place with table tennis table
Everything is good. Like the way how people work.Advance machines to learn, safe environment with continuous improvement. work culture is very good and management have many professionals. the enjoyable part of the job is meeting day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
If you’re looking for something short term
Complete waste of time the only good thing about this place is the double time offered.
Management plays favourites

Lots of hypocrisy with in the management team

This place probably hires around 500-600 people a year and none of them stay

Job itself isn’t bad but the above outweighs this

FIO needs to clean house starting at the top of they wish to retain talent

If you’re looking to move up the only way that happens is if you’re related to someone higher up
Pros
Double time
Cons
Good if you really need some money, bad if you actually want a life
Worked at FIO for three years, I've done multiple other factories in my time to have some reference of what others are like.

FIO has some of the worst culture I have ever seen. It's a constant grind, the factory literally is never ahead of the game. Morale is in the toilet. Management enjoys blaming the employees for the shortfalls of the company rather than actual acknowledgement of the issues that plague production.

Advancement is for people either already related to someone, or for friends of the people already near the top. In my three years I have seen multiple team leaders appointed who lacked experience with the job, well within their first year, over the heads of other candidates. In almost every case, the appointed individual was directly related to another person in upper management.

Overtime isn't a sometimes thing as they will state in interview, it's constant and never ending. If you have children you value time with, or a relationship you want to advance, turn back now. Your time means literally nothing here.

All in all, if you're a student and really want some quick cash, FIO is a solid temporary option. if you want job satisfaction, or an actual life.. then you can do better elsewhere.
Pros
easy to get into
Cons
literally everything else
was not a bad place to work just not for me
was not bad place to work if you live in town there was alot of over time and was expanding. people there where nice and always willing to help u learn
Fio
About what you'd expect from factory work, not perfect but pays good. Typical day includes manning the machines and trying to meet quota. Management is good most of time.
Good work, Terrible Management
I worked at this company for over a decade, and it's main issue was that as it grew from a small 50 person shop to a 500 person shop the management lost all control and sensibility in their job. The communication was incredibly lacking between all levels and departments, and there was heavy favoritism and a complete lack of accordance with provincial and federal law.
Wouldn’t advise
I wouldn’t go back for double the hourly rate. There are more managers and team leaders than they could possibly need. If you don’t have and brown nose and stink stick in your nostrils you will never get anywhere. Tons of overtime always and very repetitive work.
Pros
Some great co workers
Cons
Everything but those coworkers
Waste of time
Not worth the time for a interview. Leadership is a complete joke. The only way to move up is to bury your nose in someone's butt. This place was a waste of my time and many others as well.
Pros
All gone
Cons
Long hours, company will work you to death.
Fio automotive stratford
My TL was nothing but ignorant to me during my student summer job. and the staff did nothing about it. it was always over 40 in there.