Finning International Inc.

Finning International Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada271 reviews
Enjoyed the work
I enjoyed working at Finning, the work was interesting and it was easy to learn lots, pay and benefits were good, I was always worried about getting laid off though and it finally happened
Good coworkers, poor managers
Opportunity for training and resources to properly/efficiently execute tasks available however supervisors/managers lack necessary management skills & will suppress your progress. Too much politics at management level.
Good to work for, quick to lay off
I loved working for Finning but as soon as the work slows down, they lay-off. So not much security. Benefits and pay top notch, good management and accommodations(camp)
Interesting work
I found Finning to be very fast paced, at times, stressful. Pay, benefits and pension were very good. I found management lacked organization at times and it was up to shop staff to clean it up. The work variety was a definite plus to me. Technical training courses were encouraged and offered regularly to those who took initiative to sign up for them.
Always under the gun
Not much appreciation for workers, just the almighty dollar. There was always too much work to do, and not enough people to do it. The time off was nice.
Finning
Good company food people lots of opportunity work work nice people in industry food equipment and dealer support good money and benefits good pension
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor management
A company that cares about it's people
They take care of you to the best of their ability, though when things are decided at a higher level, there is no option. Excellent union as well. I enjoyed working here and planned to be a lifer.
Unforeseen circumstances are unavoidable and we all need to work together to get through.
Paid well, management needs work
Finning was a great place to work, great people, good safety culture, paid well, management needs work. Always willing to send for safety training to keep up to date.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Finning International Inc.?
Needs improvement
Worked at Fort McKay location in Wood Buffalo Regional District for 2 years. Was hired for apprenticeship, but received very little "hands on" training. An improvement would be for better one-on-one mentor/apprentice interaction and training. (example: worked on less than 15 pieces of equipment in 2 years full-time, with most time spent maintaining shop and yard and janitorial duties.)
I would work here again
Great place to work, wage is great, shift is great. The pension is good and they contribute to your pension regularly. Working the 2 week shift is amazing.
Pros
Shift and money
Cons
Management, lack of job security
Poor management
Management is weak and lacks direction.
Decisions are made without care for employees or repercussions

No one in management stands behind employees

Big benefit cuts over the last several years
Great place to work, but can be difficult to get some of the training offered as there are so people trying to get into the same courses. They don't seem to offer as many options as they could.
It was alright
Paid well nobody worked to hard i have to write 150 characters for some reason. Managers were clueless as were supervisors and service advisors. If they didnt pay so well it would be a roller coaster of a revolving door
Interesting place to work
Behind the times in some areas and advanced in others. Good scope depends which area you are in. Can be unstable to due constraints, economy fluctuations, etc.
Great working there
It's good company. There is opportunity local and international. Work place safe is very important, regular safety meeting to keep the workforce safe.
Not good representation for customers
Did not like how they disrespect customers, poor organizational quality and while Cat maybe a quality product it is not the only game in town. There is a reason they are loosing contracts
Great and Excellent!
Great, amazing and Excellent!
This is a wonderful company to work with I like to work here till my retirement.

I recommend to everyone who has a suitable match to apply for jobs here.
Good place to work for IT consultants
Learned how to collaborate within different IT teams.
There is no hard part, but the only thing to consider is they have big South american team, so if you know spanish it will come handy.

My bosses are very good and the company appreciated you to learn.
New Management sucked
Servicing, repairing and testing of customers generator and electrical equipment. New management that they hired was not a very social person and looked down on techs.
Great place to work with positive culture
Management at the time was very encouraging and flexible. Great team culture and friendly customers. The mechanics were always willing to teach about concepts I had not known yet. Management was always making sure we did team meetings and branch activities together.
Toxic place
Very toxic environment bullying harassment and you can report it all you want nothing gets done pay is not worth the mental health/abuse you take there
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Finning International Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.