Finning Canada Employee Review

View all Finning Canada reviews

Overall Finning is not what I expected for a world class dealer.
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 April 2013
Upper Management at the dealership level are not qualified to run the dealerships (oil sands in particular) .Middle management along with the employee's care about happens with in , but had no input in decisions made by upper management .Had a great team and enjoyed working with them all.I learned not to trust management above you , they simple don't care , looking after themselves .
Pros
wages and benefits are excellent, most team members cared.
Cons
i was all ways looking over my shoulder . management never backed up their supervisors

Other Finning Canada Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK1 May 2018
its a fun place to work with a great group of people, just the middle to upper management is hard headed and so entrenched in their ways, they barely can function on a day to day. the supervisors for individual departments are great and are ready and willing to work with anything you may need.
Pros
free BBQs in summer, great benefits.
Cons
wonky management
Frustrating Experience
Administration (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2018
A very difficult environment to learn. Training involves learning about the products and very little on the process. My manager was out of town 3 out of the 5 days a week and had little support on how to process documents to their standards. Only management training i got was on a phone call for 2 hours while her kid cried on the other side. Other employees were appalled as to how I was being trained given that they were sat down for a week and shown each step of the process. They let me go and admitted that they were at fault for not giving proper training and mistakes were made that had to be accounted for.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Unreliable, no training