Finastra Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Senior Project Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2019
Great company to work for. Very dedicated to their employees. Very employee focused to make work environment a better place to work at..........................
Nice place to work
ScrumMaster and Agile Coach (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2019
Finastra's strength, by far, is the large percentage of people who are really nice to work with. This includes all levels from regular workers up to management level.
Good company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario24 November 2018
OK company to work for. We develop software and support it. For the last two years we have been a global company which increased the responsibilities. Lots of changes happening so there is a sense of suspense.
Great work/life balance
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2018
Pros - Great/work life, benefits
Cons - Lack/slow of communication especially the HR team, limited career advancement, no job security after the merges.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Lack of communication
Absolute Shitshow
Student Aid AB/BC Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2018
If you are hired on a contract basis be prepared to be treated like dirt. they tie you to an adherence system to keep you at your desk, and use 3 monthly quality scores to determine your shift for a 3 month period. That would be fine if the quality team wasnt corrupt and clearly biased in regards to who they favor. Meaning you can be stuck with a shift you dont deserve due to personal bias.

There's only one Team Lead on the CSR floor who actually cares for their team, all the others are monsters that will heap trouble on you if you do not meet your Quota.

God forbid you need medical accomodation, they source through Morneau-Sheppel and they are absolute Misers. HR is sympathetic but its to be seen if they actually consider or care about employees.

If that wasn't bad enough they try to force you to do Overtime during the peak period when it is, and always will be 100% optional. If youre suckered into doing it you wont be compensated properly either; you are supposed to receive overtime separately from your regular pay, but they add it atop your regular pay so the overtime is taxed so heavily you barely make any extra.

All this for minimum wage, no benefits due to the contract, and no guarantee of being hired as an actual FT employeem theyd rather keep you on contract to deny you benefits.

This company is a complete farce, I would only wish for my enemies to work here.
production assembly - cheques manufacturing
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  markham9 September 2018
Where to begin... I worked at the cheques manufacturing facility here at Markham.

The morning shift is good, but the afternoon shift is horrible. The occasional cynical attitude from some female workers makes the work culture in this manufacturing plant kinda sad and toxic. The management here isn't bad and they sometimes help you. however they will turn a blind eye if there's problems between employees. A lot of the workers here are nearing retirement and have been in this company for a long time. A lot of young hires here have quit after realizing they hate working here...

The company had laid off a lot of employees over the past 3 years and the supervisors/management realize that... and so whenever there's an issue of co-workers arguing and gossiping upon you... not much can be done, you have to stand up for yourself.

- The work here is really boring and repetitive.
- sometimes you might get some nice free lunch and snacks during breaks, maybe a few gifts here and there after a couple of months.
- Their hr team is useless and very slow. can't hire quality workers.

- There are so many cynical, poor/childish attitude, lack of teamwork from some of the older female workers here it's kinda sad really. It's really unfortunate that this cheque supplier for the big banks doesn't have better workers as there can be so much potential for this company.

- some co-workers are great and okay to be around, some others you want to avoid like the plague, the occasional backstabbing is done here if you're not nice to one of their friends.
- not much else to say, I saw this
  more... job as just a paycheck. avoid the afternoon shift at all cost.  less
Pros
paid breaks, get to choose to work either morning or afternoon shifts, maybe some free snacks here and there
Cons
some really poor attitude/ uneducated workers here, boring and repetitive work.
D+H/Finastra is a fantastic place to work
Facility operations specialist (Former Employee) –  2 Robert Speck Parkway Mississauga30 July 2018
Perfect hours from 7:30 am to 4 pm make sure that facility is all in working condition and safe. Excellent place to work and so much to learn specially for up-scaling to higher position. I was employed by this company for over 15 years and have never stopped learning the financial business, other trades in the business. I worked very close with my colleagues, supervisor, managers and was very reliable on work related tasks, this made my job easier I had great advise from them. We had employees from all ethics and were all fantastic to work with. The hardest part of the job was not being there as work increase. The best part of the job was accommodation to all employees and their smiles.
Pros
I prepare all company events
Cons
occasionally weekend labor
All about Balance
DISBURSEMENT INVESTIGATION ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2018
Busy days. Many departments within the company to learn from
High expectations from Team Leads & Managers
A lot of different cultures within the company
Pros
Great hours
Cons
under paid
Great people but upper management needs work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2018
Overall, I had a really positive experience at Finastra.

All of the employees are really nice and the team leaders give excellent feedback.

My only complaint is that upper management viewed us as robots and demanded a level of speed which caused us to make minor mistakes. I understand the need to work faster but not at the expense of the health of the employees (stress) and demoralizing the work culture.
Pros
Good benefits, incentives
Cons
Demoralized culture, over-worked staff
Untapped potential
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Canada30 April 2018
I saw untapped potential here.

Management is a bit restrictive, Culture of secret, tools could use some modernization.

I thought the pay was decent, but there's absolutely no possibility for advancement, nor is there any pay increase.

They do pizza lunches, which is nice.
everyone is easy going, friendly and happy, it was a fun job for me and I wish I was still at Finastra Financial
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2018
I am confident with my position at Finastra Financial and my employment skills and experiences made me a suitable candidate for the organization and culture. I provided confidential support to my superiors and I was committed to the success and growth of this organization.
Pros
Free Lunches and good incentives such as gift cards and bonuses
Cons
I benefited from over time hours
Decent Place to Work
Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 March 2018
Like most large companies, your job satisfaction and advancement potential will vary according to the manager you have at the time. I was fortunate to have several great managers during my time at Finastra, although there were a couple of poor ones. Work/life balance can be an issue at times, but that is a struggle at most companies.
Horrible
ACCOUNT RECOVERY REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2018
Not the best place to work. They over work and under pay. Managers are all on high they shouldn't be on. No benefits until 1 year of working with them and even those aren't good.
A global company with an aspiration to be # 1 in the industry
Sr. QC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2018
Overall, a good company that is going through a lot of growing pains. Acquisitions of various companies have skyrocketed this company into being a top 3 leader in the FinTech space.
Pros
work/life balance is good
Cons
job security is not too reliable as there are a lot of organizational changes happening.
Toxic environment, management in denial
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 January 2018
I was pleased to be employed by them, but soon found out that the work environment in general was toxic; rumours and lies were a constant. Fortunately there were some with integrity and honour, but over the course of my time there I realised they were identified and kept overburdened. When came the time to offer my help to these good people, I was turned away by management. Admittedly, this type of experience is not unique to this company, but instead seem to be the norm among the big enterprises of this world. I only have myself to blame for trying so hard.

The base salary was decent considering the job, but it's also one of the main problems of the company because not all employees were paid the same as they entered. That creates an atmosphere where lower-paid employees refused to help and converse with those who were higher paid, though the job still had to be accomplished. Totally unnecessary bickering. Furthermore, there wasn't any raise possible, so it's a stagnant job with a stagnant income.

I'm thankful that they've given me a chance, though.
Allot of change and unstable at the moment but good potential
Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2018
Pretty chaotic at the moment, allot of change in personnel and requirements. Very high turnover including almost all of Canadian Senior Management and very unstable relative to the size of the organization. Systems poor causing a boat load of unnecessary grunt work that could be automated. That being said it's quite a spirited place, well compensated and not unfair if you can endure the transitional chaos that's there now and make your way downtown.
Pros
good money
Cons
not stable
Really Awesome experiance
Summer Student - Payment Solutions (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 January 2018
This was a really awesome experience, i learned a lot in my very short time with the company and enjoyed the atmosphere and work experiences that i had.
daily life at finastra
Customer Service Rep / Process Assistance (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2018
very competitive and busy throughout whole day. business hours are from 6:30am to 11pn est mon-fri. hours vary throughout entire year. overtime always available and work in fast paced environment with over 100 agents on 6 separate floors. Enjoy helping clients through hardships and offering exceptional assistance.
Pros
weekly potlucks
Cons
separate building parking
Leaving for a reason
Information Security (Current Employee) –  Toronto14 November 2017
Is this review truly anonymous when the job title is included? Much like how HR will typically say little rather than anything negative in a reference check, consider this the same.
Pros
Pay is competitive
Cons
Culture, Leadership
Great People to work with
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON21 September 2017
Through out the years that I've been with D+H the one thing I do feel good about is that I've learned and grown so much professionally, and I know I can definitely use that knowledge on my next adventure.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
always doing reorganization