Finastra

Finastra Employee Reviews

Canada40 reviews
hardest part of the job was how boring it was and how the day seemed to stretch on and on but its really easy once you get the hang of it. if you don't mind really repetitive work, everything else is pretty good
l'environnement de travail est propice au bon fonctionnement de l'entreprise
In my opinion negative reviews are mostly from long term employees who works there for more than a decade and was subjected to multiple Management changes and work strategy changes everytime there was a buyout or a merger.
I worked for 7 years at Finastra. I worked as a customer Service Representative. It is a big organization with many portfolios.
I was dealing with Student Loans
I enjoy my co-workers and management as they are friendly and do work well with. There is some treats given each week. The hardest part is having to deal with all the work in little time. The most enjoyable is the people.
Since the company is huge, you have the opportunity to grow your skills. The people I work with are very respectful. The only issue I have is that there is no growth for the Canadian Finance team as the Finance team in Canada is moving to India.
Finastra builds and deploys innovative, next-generation financial software.

Formed in 2017 by the integration of Misys and D+H, Finastra has a combined 182 years of experience and shared commitment to being a trusted partner to our customers.
Teams were well structured. Separation of waterfall and Agile teams could be better. Culture was diverse and Finastra put a lot of effort into supporting the diversity and celebrating cultural expression
J'ai beaucoup aimé mes 15 premières années chez eux. Par la suite, l'entreprise a énormément grossi, ce qui fait qu'au lieu de vouloir garder so personnel, on nous disait "si c'est pas toi, ce sera une autre personne"
Nous n'étions plus considérer comme faisant partie d'un tout mais bien comme des numéros.

Juste à voir le suivi que nous avons eu lors de l'annonce de la fermeture des bureau de Montréal. Aucune personne des RH ne parlait français. Aucun suivi, les réponses tardaient et tardent encore à venir.
Cons
non flexibilité horaire.
Friendly environment, Helpful employees when the problem occurs, Accessible transits, integrated systems, Documented system issues, Excellent management team.,
working at d+h was the best experience ever in my life this job changed my life, my ci workers loved me, there was a alot of good activities m supervisor is great.
Nice office close to all amenities. Good bunch of people who work hard. Easy going office where jeans can be worn.
Job security is iffy due to offshoring.
Can be a tough work environment, but good opportunities to develop and travel. Leadership does change very frequently, wich causes instability at times.
FINASTRA acquired our old company called DH. No equality of pay, no reality of support of advancement from management. No transparency of information.
- Not much-experienced developer
- Too much management work

- Working life balance is good

- Wage is too low

- Lack of resource but management doesn't care
My 7+ years at Finastra was a positive one as I was provided with plenty of opportunities to learn new skills in a supporting environment. It was a great place for work/life balance!
Great company to work for. Very dedicated to their employees. Very employee focused to make work environment a better place to work at..........................
Finastra's strength, by far, is the large percentage of people who are really nice to work with. This includes all levels from regular workers up to management level.
OK company to work for. We develop software and support it. For the last two years we have been a global company which increased the responsibilities. Lots of changes happening so there is a sense of suspense.
Pros - Great/work life, benefits
Cons - Lack/slow of communication especially the HR team, limited career advancement, no job security after the merges.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Lack of communication
If you are hired on a contract basis be prepared to be treated like dirt. they tie you to an adherence system to keep you at your desk, and use 3 monthly quality scores to determine your shift for a 3 month period. That would be fine if the quality team wasnt corrupt and clearly biased in regards to who they favor. Meaning you can be stuck with a shift you dont deserve due to personal bias.

There's only one Team Lead on the CSR floor who actually cares for their team, all the others are monsters that will heap trouble on you if you do not meet your Quota.

God forbid you need medical accomodation, they source through Morneau-Sheppel and they are absolute Misers. HR is sympathetic but its to be seen if they actually consider or care about employees.

If that wasn't bad enough they try to force you to do Overtime during the peak period when it is, and always will be 100% optional. If youre suckered into doing it you wont be compensated properly either; you are supposed to receive overtime separately from your regular pay, but they add it atop your regular pay so the overtime is taxed so heavily you barely make any extra.

All this for minimum wage, no benefits due to the contract, and no guarantee of being hired as an actual FT employeem theyd rather keep you on contract to deny you benefits.

This company is a complete farce, I would only wish for my enemies to work here.
Pros