Financial Debt Recovery Employee Reviews

lots of work, lots of hours, no compensation
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 July 2017
they do not explain their pay out properly. really long hours, no real training, more luck than anything else. do not expect a lot from this place, you will be disappointed. the turn around for this place is very high.
Not great
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 June 2017
New management was not good at all was not very professional and did not treat employees with respect I would not recommenced this as a place to work for people
amazing work place
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 May 2017
met a lot of people here! management is very professional and makes it a place you want to come to work every day it enjoyed every minute of my time here
would not recommend to my worst enemy
former collector (Former Employee) –  richmondhill6 February 2017
staff are Intimidated into doing UNPAID overtime, Most of the collectors are friendly and there is a lot of wasted talent there
seems that management only cares about the numbers. managers openly discuss their staff performances on the floor, the system they use is so outdated i'ts not even funny 1980 computer software along with 19090\s phone system again would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
get away with drinking \& smoking pot in the parking lot
Cons
Mandatory late night and one Sat a month
Fun place to work
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 January 2017
Good floor managers and HR department...bonus incentives..monthly targets, contests monthly, flex hours, benefits,team enviroment
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
Tuesday long shift
Great Company, Great Management Team
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 December 2016
Great team to work with, had learning and professional development opportunities, flexible accommodations for various shifts of work, enjoyed interacting with people and performing inbound and outbound calls
Generally, not a horrible place to work...
Management (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 August 2016
I really enjoyed my tenure here - short as it was - and it was largely because of the people I worked with. Some of the agents are a little stressed, and not all agents are professional, but they were a fun bunch to work with. Some departments do their best with the resources available to them.

The senior management team, in particular the VP of Operations, and some of the managers and supervisors, and the entire HR team, were really just terrific people, very hard working, but incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and really did their level best with their backs against a wall.

The biggest - and really, only problem, is the CEO. He's running a business to be sure, but there are problems - his treatment of staff, including other managers and senior staff, and the haphazard management style that lends itself to absolute chaos and mismanagement, are just a few of the biggest issues. You're never quite sure from one day to the next what to expect from him. It's great to have a CEO so hands-on, but in this instance, it would be better if he trusted his senior managers to do their job accordingly. Don't be surprised if he melds 18 different sports analogies and references into one convoluted and nonsensical statement that nobody really understands. When he's in a good mood, he's great to be around. When he's not, he really isn't - and that may explain the high turnover rate.

Wouldn't go back there, but wouldn't not recommend the experience to anyone else. It is definitely a learning experience.
Would not recommend to anyone
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON5 July 2016
The environment is the worst I have ever worked for in my 11 years of collections. Clearly the family members who work there get special treatment over regular employees. There is no training whatsoever and the turnover ratio is the highest I have ever seen. The human resource person on the 2nd floor is the worst in the business. Only there because of who she knows. Did little work as possible and would rather gossip to other managers about collectors than do the job they were paid to do. Numerous complaints made by collectors on one specific supervisor. Only thing done about that was firing the employees who made the complaints. In regards to be written up, there would be group write ups of over 12 individuals at the same time in 1 room which is illegal. No chance at building up your desk as if you don't hit your target in 1 month you are out the door. When termination came around no reason was given, no letter was provided and no severance package was offered and this is after the probationary period ended. I'm surprised this company is still in business.
Pros
Cons
no management, targets unreachable no training or support, worst place ever
repetitive work, no career advancement, poor management
Recovery Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 June 2016
same repetitive daily work, very easy, 2 days of training required maximum, managers do not know how to actually manage and run a business efficiently, alot of lies roped me into this job, I was advised people hit $20K monthly commission, in reality people are lucky to even hit commission, the salary is awful, you are treated like dirt and there is no focus on employee retention
great for juniors
Collctions agent (Former Employee) –  richmond hill16 May 2016
not much room for salary growth
location was a bit far
not easily accessible by transit
how much more is necessary?
I am not writing a novel here
Negative Environment to work in.
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 May 2016
I worked at FDR Limited for nearly 2 years and was not happy with the work environment and the managers asking their staff to work for free on the weekends in order to try to collect money from CIBC credit debtors or our jobs were threatened.

Due to feeling overwhelmed and stressed by management, I had to look elsewhere.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the staff
Cons
Didn't enjoy working for the Management Staff
great area very accessible by public transportation
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 October 2015
It was great working there. however commission was not clear given, however for a collection company pay was great. Management was flexible when you have personal life conflict.
Work place is so-so
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 April 2015
Should not have hired us if they were not sure of business growth.
Working atmosphere was okay, colleagues at work were very helpful and friendly.
There was lot of equipment problem as computer kept on breaking down.
Pros
was near my place of residence
Cons
very low job security
équipe solide
AGENT DE RECOUVREMENT (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 April 2015
une bonne journée de travail c`est convaincre un débiteur a payer sa facture,avec des arguments valables . je ne vois pas les opportunités de développement.

Des supers collaborateurs une équipe solide qui s`entraidaient.
Cons
pas d`avantages sociaux avant une année complète
Great Place
Senior Collection Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, Ontario5 November 2014
The people here are amazing, everyone tries to help everyone in reaching there goals. Management is great and willing to work with you to find the best strategy
Work Smart
Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 March 2014
Arrive 1 hour before employees get projections and dialers(link back) loaded to IT. Have a strategy in please for my staff and ensure that it is met by end of day. In some case prizes are used as incentive to motivate staff. Day compiles of monitoring, helping and training staff if required to ensure we are all doing our tasks efficiently. My Management experience has really escalated my work experience and learned to work with a wide range of cultures and egos. I have a great ability of finding strengths ion people and letting them know and work with them and encourage them to use it. The hardest part of the job was the micro management and the fear you were going to be fired everyday.
The most enjoyable aspect was working with people and under my leadership at times winning all the quarterly races against our competition. . Hard and smart works pays off in dividends in the end. I have proven that in all walks of life and been successful doing it. I would love the opportunity to have an interview soon.
Pros
Teaching new employees how to collect money
Cons
The culture and environment is toxic
productive work place
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON3 March 2014
I have learn the meaning of working in a family owner and operating a small business
New Learing Experience
JR. Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 April 2013
- Prepare various letters such as release, settlement and statement letters
- Answer calls and direct
- Co-workers are very friendly, and caring. Helps when ever needed
- Hardest part was getting along with the management team
- Enjoyable part was learning various stuff about financial conditions
Overseeing a group of Collectors
Collector - Collecting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2013
A typical day involved training employees and collecting on delinquent accounts.
The most enjoyable part of this job was all of the selling techniques that I learnt. It really has been beneficial to my work life as well as my studies as a law student.
fun place to work with good team members
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2013
Collection calls were placed to try and collect overdue due accounts. The management is helpful and invest time in you so your can learn the rules and tactics. Your team members help you in moving forward in case you have problems with a customer. Getting people to pay over due accounts is not easy and most of them are in financial jeopardy