Fields

Fields Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
Always something to do. Staff was awesome, everyone helped each other out. Customers were great. Very flexible if needed time off for appointments or ect.
An amazing boss makes for an amazing job. Fields as a whole is a favourite store of mine and to work at one with a super store manager made for an excellent experience!
Once you are there it is a varied day as there are many tasks that need to be addressed and not always in your scope so you need to be willing to step up and help. This company is focussed on helping Canadians live better for less in remote areas of Canada.
We were evacuated for a wildfire within our community and the amount of support from Fields was amazing, I am so glad I got to be apart of a company that cares
The work culture is very clicky. The manager and acting assistant manager are close personal friends & the acting assistant manager takes advantage of that in her role. The acting assistant manager speaks at work very unprofessionally, speaking negatively of some customers openly to other customers in the store, swearing often and taking many smoke breaks & great deal of work time visiting with personal friends who shop there, in addition and unfortunately tells lies about other stuff trying to get them in trouble for no reason friendsleaving a lot of the cleaning duties unpacking stock two other staff
Open and close the store. making schedules with the manager and stocking the store and faceing the shelves. Counted day float and close float.Cleaned and maintained a tidy store.
Fields is always a happy place to go to. Staff is always happy and smiling, ready and willing to help customers. I enjoy putting together the product that is sold in the store for customers.
I hated working here. My supervisor was a great guy and I knew everyone on my shift so we all got along but not even that was enough. The warehouse setting is very depressing. It's like being stuck in a grey dusty prison personally. Everyday felt the same and the work wasn't hard but it wasn't challenging really so my brain felt under stimulated and it felt like I was becoming dumber. If you are into repetitive work that you can eventually do without thinking about it after like a week or 2 of doing it then warehouse might be for you but personally I couldn't stand it.
Pros
Easy work, Nice people
Cons
Boring, High expectations
My tenure at this discount store was thankfully brief. The management runs it like an insiders club. Whoever is not within earshot is who is being gossiped about. There is no team cohesion, but rather a nasty, dark and dishonest approach to being 'in the circle' or out. They would prefer mindless automatons to do their bidding rather than thinking and contributing employees who would not threaten their position atop the steaming pile of dung that is the culture there. They even go so far as to lie - baldfaced- to you about your performance, with plastic saccharine praise and then destroy your credibility wen it comes to performance reviews, so the whole time, you are being told how wonderful you are and perfect for the role, then they fail you on every front when it matters: the reports that go to head office. It's such a weird and manipulative environment that it actually began to make me physically ill to go to work. Kind of like curse or some hex is there. The pay is terrible -as low as they can legally make it, and with no chance for raises because they drive you away before you would be eligible. Just look at the stats. they have had about 20 people fill the same role in just over a few years. If you could work anywhere else, do it. It's not worth the cost on your soul or your self-worth to be treated so poorly. There is a group of former workers that have gotten together to share these stories, to be sure it wasnt just imagined and yes, there is evil at that location.
Pros
Cant think of a single thing.
Cons
almost everything, nothing good comes to mind.
Do slime
Do danse

Good wage

Respecting the people

Cleaning well for patients
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Short lunch
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fields?
managment seems unrealistic expectation seem unorganized . trying to figure out what she wanted next . setting up displays . only part time hours avalible . no benifits . no chance to grow with company.negative environment manger doesnt want to work or be there . no complements on good job .
i loved the women i worked with we were like family but the company itself is hard to work for. they don't treat there hard working employees with much respect and loyalty
Cons
working rediculous amounts of hours short staffed and not being aloud to hire anyone
7 hour shifts seemed more like 7 years. One coworker in particular liked to take credit for my work while she went for as many smoke breaks as she pleased within the 3 hours before closing. Manager was a nice lady and a hard worker.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
Lazy co worker when manager wasn’t there
It is a fun place to work but you get very little hours for minimum wage. A very large store with only 2-3 workers at a time with no security except cameras.
Employers, and coworkers were friendly. Work was always fun! Always something to do during the day even if customer service is slow. I miss the atmosphere!
I learnt many skills being cashier then key holder. my responsibilities were to keep the store operating. Freight, stocked shelves, cashier, organized.
I enjoy working with people always show up early for my shifts. I am a very hard worker. I work 2 jobs at the moment. I put stock away I talk to customers and serve them. I help customers look for what they need. I do the banking and send the daily lists of what we do to the management in b.c. I also have learned the people that live in my community
A typical day during inventory is quiet and fast paced work. It teaches patience and attention to detail as you log inventory in the store. The management is very nice and willing to help others when needed.
It is too bad that HBC decided to close this portion of their company, as Fields had some good prices and a variety of product in their stores. Quite a few people shopped in these stores in order to save money.
I started as an associate. Went to Senior Sales Associate. As o had previous management experience was asked to step in with a store for 3 months to train new hires and new manager for the store.
Pros
Take the time to train you properly.
Cons
Salary could have been better for the amount of hours in a day you put in.
I have learned alot about how to be respectful and hardworking to never give up and learned to not be shy. Which makes me independent with knowledge on front desk positions as well as good in in office environments
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fields. Our community is ready to answer.