Field Aviation

Field Aviation Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews

Good opportunity to work and learn

The company will let you mature on your ability. If you show them good skills, they will let you train in different area at work. The only downside is the senority at work...

Fantastic people, great work environment, great pay and benefits

I don't have a bad word to say. I worked off-site at the Lorimar machine shop and it is the best place I've ever worked, by far. Great people, great work, great hours, great company. The hardest part of the job is knowing the value of some of the things we worked on. Typically you are given all the resources required to do the job correctly the first time. Nobody is pushing for speed, just quality albeit still in a timely fashion.

Pros

Great hours, clean workspace, great people.

Good environment to work

The team at Field Aviation show knowledge on all the things they manage, people is very friendly, helpful and fun. Overall is a good company to work for.

Good place to work if you can ignore the politics.

A fun, enjoyable place to work if you can ignore the politics. Very fast paced environment most of the time. Average 39,5 hour work week with some overtime available.

Pros

Good hours, decent pay

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to communicate with management.

looking for work as Aircraft Quality inspector

I am looking for work as Aircraft Quality inspector This company is finding work for me all around Canada and USA. I am interested to work as contractor

Good working environment.

The professionals at Field Aviation make you feel at home by welcoming you with open arms. Working with the engineers is very nice because you get to critique their drawings and suggest any changes.

Great place, great people

Awesome place to work. Fast pace, but everyone works together to achieve goals. Excellent work life balance, great pay. Real great place to work, can’t say enough good things about Field.

Joke

Worst place ever to work. Terrible culture and internal politics. I would never recommend this poor excuse of an engineering company to any of my contacts.

Not bad but some people toxic

Great place overall. They will not support your license because they don’t want to pay you more. Once you are in the position, you won’t be promoted and will work for the same position forever if you are a technician. Safety is not concerned here. Poor management, they don’t care about your safety. Witnessed many good people left. Few project managers and inspectors take dirty advantages just because they were there forever. But the rest of the employees are great to work with. A lot of contractors from Bombardier and agencies don’t know anything about aircraft and managements still hiring them. And they get paid a lot just sitting there doing nothing. It’s nice place to make good money though.

Pros

Good money, plenty of overtime

Cons

Poor and corrupted management

Provides platform to show your expertise, your skill, suggestion and feedback in terms of better quality, process improvement is taken seriously by the higher management.

great place

Nice place and people to work for. Flexible hours.Busy environment. good prospect for the future. Very involved in aircraft conversion and repairs, Professional team.

Pros

Free coffee

Very poor management

Poor management, Poor union practices both result in a very unsecure and unsafe environment, the only ones here that seem to get along with management are the ones with the ability to do whatever management tells them even when if it is unsafe or not within the specified limits. If the work order is wrong it is still the employees fault for building it wrong and if it is questioned, you are billed as a trouble maker. Company and union committee work so closely here that most times it is hard to distinguish the two apart from each other, that normally would be a good thing but not in this case. I was thrown under the bus by both company and union and would highly recommend finding a job elsewhere. Ultimately the management should be replaced by more knowledgeable and understanding people. Almost reminded me of how the now defunct Future Shop used to be run!

Pros

All but one employees are great

Cons

watch out for that one employee (Hint, cnc department)

Don't waste your time working here

Worked here as a machine operator. Some of the people are great but the ones that aren't are so bad you'll hate coming to work. Many of these people have been there for many many years too so they aren't going anywhere no matter how bad they are. Too much stress, attitudes and management is a complete joke. COMPLETE JOKE.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, bad attitudes from some employees

Good work but management not so much

I’ve had the misfortune of dealing with field aviation in Calgary for some years now. I love the work and my co-workers but management is out of touch with how to treat people. They expect us to make miracles with out dated machines and offer little to no help, just insults and more pressure. All because the director of manufacturing M.L. Can’t keep his cool.

Pros

Decent pay and hours

Cons

Terrible management

Interesting work

Nice place to work, the people are very friendly, lacking organization, older building, computer systems are half decent. Aircraft modifications are in hangars on site.

have fun to chat with colleage

no management & no limit about socialize. some guys can chat about hours. poor management about everything. Given over time as long as you ask from other side that means extremely flex work time. Engineering department is big department but manage work manner still small stays as small department.

Machine Shop seems to have a revolving door.

Had a bad experience with the programmer and was told that I am not the first one. Management (when approached) just said "yes he can be difficult to work with". I had problems the first week! The rest of the staff seemed to be friendly but watch out for the CNC milling area of the machine shop.

Pros

Great working hours

Cons

Leadership training needed.

Poor Management, unprofessional work environment.

Managers hire their relatives. Flagrant corruption due to family members working together causing malfeasance, which does not mix well with aviation fundamentals.

Pros

Taught me how to resist bad management

Cons

Unprofessionalism effects the bottom line on projects. Nepotism cost this business profits.

Small but friendly and knowledgably working environment.

There is kind of R&D and diversity of work and lot of independence.Engineering personal very helpful and team orientated.Very pleasant place to work.

Well Organized and managed company

My time here was informative, and productive. I acquired new skills, and sharpened existing ones. The management consists of a great balance of focus, and discipline tempered with understanding, and a desire to remove the roadblocks to ensure staff are able to meet quotas, or accomplish assigned tasks effectively.

Pros

good wages

Cons

union shop

Operations area the most disorganized and disfunctional I have ever seen

A great place to work if you are in the union - you can avoid working by hiding in the hangar and being on your cell phone all day and even if caught nothing will happen to you. Employees regularly refuse to do work which they think is beneath them. The culture here is do as little as you can, do not follow company rules, follow safety rules if you want to, or not, it's fine either way. If you are related or a friend of the person running the hangar floor you can get away with pretty much anything (stealing, causing damage, not doing your job etc..) with no repercussions. I would never risk my life by flying on any plane this company has worked on.

Cons

Very unprofessional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Field Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement