Fiddick's Nursing Home Employee Reviews

Unfair work environment
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON27 March 2019
Worked here for maybe a month and a half. They expect you to learn everything with minimal training and always bounce you around from wing to wing even if you were promised a line on a certain one. Book you full time hours when you’re only casual or part time. Management is not understanding. Must wear all white and nursing cap. RN I worked along side sat in office and did not offer adequate assistance when asked.
Pros
Wages
Good environment
Psw (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON4 December 2018
This is a good place to work at. Everyone works together, management, activity aides, housekeeping, nurses and psws, etc, to provide the excellent care for the residents.
Problems with being short staffed a lot but name a long term care home that doesn't run short? You often get the option to stay late or start early so if you want extra hours you can get them!

Casual atmosphere, home like. You need not be afraid to approach management with any issues or concerns.

Staff are friendly.
Pros
Friendly staff, approachable management
Cons
Short staffed
Fiddicks Nursing home/ PSW
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Petrolia, ON2 October 2018
Worked in field for many years. The job isn't easy but their standards are high. The resident comes first. Reallly clean work environment. Tonnes of hours. Offer for advancement. I appreciate that the owners are approachable and make it clear the residents come first. The care. Comfort. Safety. Happyness of the resident is the goal. They expect the best of there employees. I've worked at other homes. This is my longest 8 years. Its clean. Friendly. Wages similar to other honest care is so much better. I'm proud to work there. Good is unbelieval and available to staff.
Pros
Great earning potential
Cons
Lots of hours
not recommended
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON30 July 2018
ive only worked there a short time and well i do not enjoy it too much pressure to learn everything very minimal training before starting work. the hours change and when you tell them your intentions about only wanting to be a part time employee they still book full time hours they do not work around schedules and they just dont seem to care much about their employees.. just my opinion in being there a short time. i tried it and well its just not for me!!!
Pros
i enjoy the residents
Cons
too many call ins always short staff and look down on their employees and expect way too much
I wouldn’t recommend
RPN (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON2 March 2018
If you apply, 9 times out of 10 you will get the job but still I wouldn’t recommend. Every single person who worked there have the same opinion. Only place where ALL the nurses have to wear caps and No overtime under any circumstances, no one with much experience or knowledge.
Fiddicks
PSW (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON22 December 2017
This nursing home was okay to work at, but the management was not good. The work days were good and the staff were easy to get along with. The work culture was alright, the hardest thing about the job was the management team.
Fiddicks Nursing Home
PSW (Current Employee) –  Petrolia, ON20 May 2017
A nice clean place, lots of friendly nurses and PSW's, lots of hard workers, a friendly community, lots of hours, a good work environment, I get to work with lots of different residents
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Wearing all white
fiddicks
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON19 May 2017
Worked here for a few months and it was a great experience
pay is not the greatest for the amount of work you have to do.
Residents and staff aregreat
it was a good company to work for but i needed a change
PSW (Former Employee) –  petrolia12 March 2016
it was a good company to work for but i needed a change, its fast paced no time to sit on your butt even if you wanted to. the care for their residents is amazeing
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
to many callins
Home like atmosphere.
Student (Current Employee) –  Petrolia, ON21 July 2014
A typical day at work is normally busy. There is a lot of time management involved if you would like to get out on time. What I have learned is that people have varied personalities and likes. Your co-workers are typically very nice and sociable. The hardest part of the job for me is getting everything done on time while trying to answer call bells and help out your other co-workers. The most enjoyable part is to see how you have helped people and seeing them happy.