Fibernetics Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Escalation Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 November 2018
Productive and Fun place.
Supporting Staff
Encouraging Management
A lot to learn in the initial year.
Can work on the network equipment to sharpen your skills
Pros
Perks with the job
Cons
Salary
Awesome place to work, made sales fun
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 March 2016
I worked as a cold caller, B2B. The team leaders were awesome and always made me feel comfortable. Unexpected growth overcame upper level management and I was laid off due to restructuring.
Pros
Fun environment, foosball table, good co-workers
Cons
lack of sales
Avoid
Annoumous (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 January 2016
Up until Dec 15, every thing was okay. Then Jan 14th they fire 17 people leaders and others who were adding value. Too much focus on the Presidents "Culture" officer and not enough focus on the business of making money.

Their is no advancement, when it's time for advancement they hire outside or they fire to create advancement.
Pros
good people
Extrovert focused culture in growing company
Modem Configuration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 November 2015
A typical day in my job included sitting down and figuring what had to be done for the rest of the day and then buckling down and doing it. The tasks were mindlessly boring and repetitive but very easy and could be down while simultaneously daydreaming.

I learned a lot about networking and troubleshooting as transferable skills to be used elsewhere, but nothing that would have allowed for promotion within the company. I also learned a lot of social skills, particularly in dealing with 'difficult' coworkers since I ran into this situation frequently.

Management was among the lowest quality I've seen. Departments rarely communicated to one another, even after a mess was created due to lack of communication.

My coworkers had nice personalities and were easy to get along with, but their competence was low as they were primarily hired to meet the standards of the corporate happiness culture. New employees were chosen based on their workplace attitude rather than aptitude and while this made things good on a social level it intrinsically resulted in major frustrations in the job itself.

The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after everyone else's messes. An entire call center was poorly trained and forced me to make two political moves in order to force changes so that some of these errors no longer occurred. Sadly, my political power was limited and many situations could not be fixed no matter how hard I pushed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was rare and not that exciting. It was when the employees my position depended on did not make mistakes and I could
  more... cruise through my work quickly. I used to have time to get everything done and mess around on an online game for a bit but that quickly vanished as the work piled up and got tougher for no good reason at all.

The company paid well above minimum and had full benefits and as long as you didn't complain about anything job security was pretty tight. So anyone who can blend into the crowd and do their job would not have to worry about being broke or lack in healthcare.

In lieu of corporate efficiency, a happiness culture was created to pacify the masses through forced smiling and skin deep satisfaction. Methods such as a corporate version of Facebook and catered lunches on holidays were used.
Pros
High morale for extroverted employees, catered lunches on holidays
Cons
Inefficient workplace due to laid back environment
Productive and fun workplace with a gym
Telecommunications Configuration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 April 2015
Installed programs, software, and hardware; including pamphlets and information in packages
Reformatted and tested equipment based on passwords, login credentials, encryption keys and client information to ensure operations for customer use in modems, routers, ATAs and other hardware
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Fun workplace with great culture
Residential Training & Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 March 2015
Enviroment at Fibernetics is something you do not see at other companies. They care about their employees and the input all of them have, the culture is fantastic. The kitchen looks like you are at Starbuck with variety of fruits and coffee. There is a gym in the building which you can use at any time, yoga and boxing classes every week.
Productive Environment
Senior Network Architect, IP Core Operations (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, On2 October 2013
Productive Environment.
Community supportive.
Good Benefits
Friendly Co-workers
Pros
Nice Environment
Cons
Lack of Communication
Fun, challengable.
Contact Center Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 December 2012
I have over 8 years experience in Customer Service & Contact Center Industry. I'm currently working at Cancall International (Fibernetics contact center) where I started as a Bilingual Sales, Billing and IT support rep, as I grew up on experience, skills and ability I moved unto Team Coaching and Motivation, then worked as Full time Supervisor and handle different tasks that are part of Contact Centre operation and Training management. I help to organize, create or maintain training materials updated, while training and coaching a staff of 40 to 50 people on Product knowledge, Selling techniques, IT support, Billing and Customer service. I'm being passionate about helping others learning and developing necessary skills to deliver operational efficiencies to our clients into their businesses with Fibernetics products.
Fun Workplace