Fiat Chrysler Automobiles logo
Happiness score is 54 out of 100Below average

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Employee Reviews

Found 269 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,618 reviews

Hard, fast paced work

It's hard work, it's fast paced, and can be stressful. Once you know what you're doing, you won't lag behind.Management changes so often they rarely know what they're yelling at anyone for, and are almost never around enough to explain things to anyway. Co-workers are generally friendly, and line leads are the most helpful leads I've found anywhere.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Not stable.

Fun place with flexibility

Good place to start, fast pace environment great if you love overtime when available. Good work place overalls with chances to move up within the organization.

Pros

Flexibility and overtime

Cons

Production oriented

Good work environment Proper management Very cooperative supervisor and colleaguesFlexible shiftsPremium on night shiftsEqual work shifts for all screeners

A fabulous place to work.

I thoroughly enjoyed working there. I was a Project Manager in Auburn Hills for over 10 years and loved it. I am retired now and almost wish I could go back. I miss it.

Pays good but zero job security

- constantly laid off and waiting to hear about new lay off dates - 10 year full wage grow in - no job security - 1,500 people just got laid off and potentially more

Productive and fast paced

take care of the line all the time and work with team leads, assemble the final cars. it is a good company but the salary people show attitude with the hourly people

Pros

amazing environment

Cons

no support from HR team

Fast pace

Very busy days, management was not that great as they would tell you what job you will be on minutes before your shift. The training for most jobs were not great either.

Fast paced work environment.

FCA is physically demanding job that requires shift work and weekends. You are well compensated for your work and the benefits are decent. Air tools and automated lifts are part of some of your jobs. There is great lateral movement with limited upward movement on the assembly lines. There is a good opportunity for management positions with a university degree. Overall I enjoyed my 20 years there.

It would not be fair to rate due to the Dealers are all different. Each company has its way of doing bussiness . I however did not get any support from upper management.

productive fast paced but fun to work at

I felt that how they structured the work load was sporadic. I would begin a job on one customer car and then be pulled off halfway through leading to some unchecked operations.

Pros

free staff lunches

Cons

disorganized

It is a good place to work. The line is fast paced work and you must be decently physically fit to be able to work all day. Benefits and pay is good overall a good place to work

Miilwright

Great company with very poor management. Bring supervisors out of university without any production or mechanical background, without any experience whatsoever.

easy going but extremely repetitive

if you can deal with repetitive work its a good job. make friends and be social with management for increased benefits in the workplace. will be out of work for a couple months of the year. management needs to have netter communication with employees about whats happening. grateful for the job but not a life time workplace for me.

Good co workers good management, work can be tough

I worked on the line and have good co workers and good management but sometimes the jobs can be very strenuous and require extra energy to complete. Good job for me being a student.

I had fun with the team work and in the cafeteria we had a big screen for intra news

Typical day at work was troubleshooting robots with a team of one or more coworkers. I learned about all kinds of switches, lights and robots. We had a smoothly working relationship with management. The hardest part of the job was when some problem would reappear in a different form again and again. It was a challenge I appreciated and really enjoyed when able to solve the problem.

Pros

Pleasant environment, teamwork, good management

Cons

Lost some benefits when new owners/takeovers happened

Great company to work for.

It’s a very dynamic atmosphere and fun place to work. There are great processes in place to run the day to day business but its a very fast pace business and the ability to adapt is essential.

Demanding work place

Good supportive colleagues to work with, occasional lunches and coffees, payed overtime (but at base rate), over demanding and judgmental management, overall better place to work.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Too much work load

Productive and colaborative work place

It's a fast work environment and very collaborative. I learned to focus on the main pain point of the organization and tackle these points to improve the bottom line of the organization. Management styles is very open and collaborative, listen the main concerns. The culture of the organization is paternalist. The hardest part of the job is to meet the dead line and production quotas to be able to supply the final assembly lines world wide. The most enjoyable part of the job was the nominations of employee of the month.

Clique based workplace

The work is beyond easy, the people there are all about power, rude people, boring work to the point you feel stupid. It honestly made me so miserable here and it sucks so bad. the pay was good but the people brought me down on a daily basis to the point where I would fake sick to avoid seeing certain people.

Good

Great place to work, very good workers along with management they are good to the workers when it comes to taking time off. Very reasonable pay rate with pay increases.

Good job

Managements always a complete mess and no one ever seems to know what they're doing but besides that not many other complaints. Job has a good pay, meet interesting people and is a good pace for anyone to work. Life balance also is inconsistent as the shifts always change every 2 weeks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K