Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Employee Reviews for Assembler

- constantly laid off and waiting to hear about new lay off dates - 10 year full wage grow in - no job security - 1,500 people just got laid off and potentially more
FCA is physically demanding job that requires shift work and weekends. You are well compensated for your work and the benefits are decent. Air tools and automated lifts are part of some of your jobs. There is great lateral movement with limited upward movement on the assembly lines. There is a good opportunity for management positions with a university degree. Overall I enjoyed my 20 years there.
It is a good place to work. The line is fast paced work and you must be decently physically fit to be able to work all day. Benefits and pay is good overall a good place to work
I worked on the line and have good co workers and good management but sometimes the jobs can be very strenuous and require extra energy to complete. Good job for me being a student.
Great place to work, very good workers along with management they are good to the workers when it comes to taking time off. Very reasonable pay rate with pay increases.
Very good training with excellent management. Happy environment and excellent benifits. Seniority system that works effectively with union. Strong union
This job has helped me become a hard-working and independent worker due to working on many different jobs that require lots of personal time alone. Even though the department I work in (Body and White) has a lot of independent jobs I have also learned how to work with people more and adapt to working with a variety of people over the years.
Pros
Independent working stations
Cons
Short breaks and less heat relief in the summer
it was good hard work and everyone is friendly. It was a good experience as I had multiple roles from assembling different parts of the car to quality inspection.
Chrysler has taught me how to work in a fast paced work environment. Working on the assembly line involves time management, hand eye coordination, health and safety awareness, and a great team effort. A positive work ethic is very important when working with others.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, positive atmosphere.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Never felt like I had security there I felt like building something 500 times a day and then them throwing away 1/3 of the workforce. Really hot and illegally hot during the summer
Good Job, would recommend to anyone who is a student and needs a part time job, however it is difficult to get into unless you know someone already working there.
My typical 8 hour day at work can consist of 2 hours of work then a 10 minute break, with a 20 minute lunch.. also a 10-15 minute relief included. The management is very average but the employees are friendly and can have great conversation while working throughout the day
A typical day at work i would train on a new job or train someone else and perform around 450 cars a day. I learned how to push myself and keep up with the changing dynamics
Would generally get called to cover a shift of someone who may have called in sick or couldn't come in as well as if the supervisors were short staffed.
The pay is good and the benefits are equally as good, time off is easy to come by if you need it and the people are great feels like one big family, enjoy my days.
A typical day at work consisted of putting together mini-vans in a fast and efficient way. I learned about how mini-vans were built and how they work. The hardest part of this job was that some jobs were a lot more complicated than other and it took a long time to learn them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to music while we worked and talking to other employees.
I only worked at wheels logistics for a few months so i cant say much. Other temps were really lazy but the place was good. Fun people to work with...
The best part of working at FCA (Chrysler, Brampton Assembly) is the wages -$35.00/hour for unskilled manual labour. Benefits are mediocre. Work is monotonous and hard on the joints. There are easy jobs in inspection and material handling. Selection for those jobs is by seniority. I personally would not recommend working in Auto Assembly for a young person. It would be better to get a good education in a high demand profession than to work a boring job and potentially oneself. I'm amazed at the number of 2nd and 3rd generation autoworkers at Brampton Assembly.
Pros
$34.00 for unskilled manual labour, easy to get time off work for personal reasons, I've worked with some great people.
Cons
Manual labour, joint injuries, boredom, lack of advancement opportunities, some fellow employees and management not so nice to work with
The company helps University students afford all their expenses and still be able to save up due to the high wages provided. The union is very supportive towards all employees and the supervisors understand any absences due to educational purposes.
First started at the Chrysler Canada Ajax On. Trim Plant in 1982 .Worked on different lines assembling door panels . In 1987 I went to warehouse to operate Counterbalance Forklift and certified in house . There I would load and load product from or to transport trailers . Would take parts to all areas on the 3 lines . !990 I went back to the plant to work on the line . In 1993 I transferred to the Chrysler Canada Brampton Assembly Plant . The Ajax Trim Plant was closing .I learned to use various air powered tools . Learned to operate and air powered glue spray gun , The people were good to work with and the environment was great . I didn't really have any dislikes about my job . After transfer to Brampton I worked in Trim ! area installing multiple parts . Learned to operate pneumatic arm to install HVAC unit into chassis . In 2003 I took an early retirement package due to health problems
Pros
Great money
Cons
Union representation
Overall decent job for the money it pays but management and the work environment is completely horrible. People and team leaders do not care about safety, if you get injured they expect you to recover quick and act like it is nothing. Save yourself do not work here.
Pros
nothing really
Cons
everything!