Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Employee Reviews

Found 203 reviews matching the search See all 4,470 reviews
Bad company to work for.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 October 2018
Jobs are bid on by seniority approximately every 2 years. The work is soul destroying and you will destroy your physical health. Most of management behave like bullies, will curse and name call with bad language. I have learned that your job is never safe, always worried about the next product or shift elimination. The only thing that could be enjoyable is the pay cheque, but that's not worth anything like it was 10 years ago. Most jobs are geared to a 35 year old, but most of us are over that age. Even if you bid on a job that appears good it won't last, they will add work to you. I walk close to 17000 steps in an 8 hour shift. My physical ailments include carpel tunnel, tennis elbow, bad hip and back.
Pros
Cons
physicall demanding, soul destroying, too hot all year, treated badly
Not the greatest place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, Manitoba22 October 2018
After moving back to Brandon from Calgary in 2016 I started work on Aug, 02 at Brandon Chrysler Dodge where I was hired as a New
Car Manager, but promoted to Gen.Sales Manager within 5 minutes beein their. Five month later I was the General Manager.
You might think, wow what a great job I must have been doing, wasn't like that.. All that was on paper only and I became the fall guy on Nov 17, 2017
I don't want to get in all the details, so I like to leave it that!
Challenging and enriching workplace.
Senior Analyst of Costs (Former Employee) –  Goiana, PE11 October 2018
Even though the processes are well define, you are challenge all the time with new things which push you to evolve and adapt. That is the most interesting aspect to this company, the speed of changes teach you to be flexible and adaptable. The management is practical and effective. The culture is particulary interesting due to the large number of foreigners working there. The hardest part of the job is to get used to the multidiversity culture however, when you overcome this, it becomes the most enjoyable part.
Pros
They really take care of the employee.
Cons
The plant is far from the city.
Love my co-workers
Automotive Assembler (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 October 2018
I have fantastic Co-workers and a pretty cool supervisor. That is pretty rare because management typically sucks. The workplace culture is uncomfortable because old men try to date you.
Pros
friendship
Cons
breaks are too short
Fun working environment very good team
Car sell, leasing and financing specialist. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2018
One of the greatest parts of the job is having the opportunity to build relationships with customers and the satisfaction you feel when their expectations have been met

The day begins with preparing and organising the reception area. Throughout the day I met a range of people who are at different stages of their car search. You may meet customers who are in the early stages of looking for a car and need to register their details or those who have just found their perfect car and have arrived to pick up their keys. Regardless of the enquiry, you will give all customers the highest standard of service. We always offer a drink to our customers and it's my responsibility to make them feel welcome and comfortable.
Depending on the day of the week there may be a morning meeting in which you are required to take notes. These meetings provide you with the information necessary to carry out your administrative duties, such as the latest knowledge about cars, trucks and vans currently on the market with Chrysler.
Pros
Coffee, soft drinks, pizza
Cons
Very long hours
Standard work environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC25 September 2018
The work is standard. Inbound and outbound. Easy straight forward. Healthy work environment. Pleasant atmosphere to work in. Steady work pace and workload.
Pros
Part time
Cons
No benefits
Fast-paced work, good pay for student position
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 September 2018
I worked as a temporary part time worker on the student program and was in the material handling department. Work is fast paced, all stations need to be resupplied with the necessary parts promptly. Driving safety rules for in house vehicles are very important, always be aware of your surroundings. Breaks can come often if you work quickly and appropriately.
Pros
High pay for student positions
Cons
very fast paced, little room for error
Work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 August 2018
Had to work in a very fast paced environment. Delivered all the parts to the assembly line quickly before they ran out and lost time on producing cars.
Pros
good pay
Cons
1 day off
Fire System Specialist and Security (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 August 2018
immense pleasure in working at this place.Good hours with Securitas. Friendly people at FCA.Good place to learn new skills. Good unionized environment.Preference to the employees.
Terrible Place to work
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Millwright) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 August 2018
There is no work life balance at all here. Most people are miserable and are tired of working 6 days per week. Zero morale, lazy people and awful cafe. The only thing I can say is the pay (if you started before 2009) is really good (skies the limit) That is the only thing keeping me there. A total soul sucking place
Pros
Money
Cons
to many to list
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 July 2018
A typical day at work consisted of putting together mini-vans in a fast and efficient way. I learned about how mini-vans were built and how they work. The hardest part of this job was that some jobs were a lot more complicated than other and it took a long time to learn them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to music while we worked and talking to other employees.
Straight forward job tasks
Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 July 2018
A typical day of work would in tale delivering parts to the line. I have learned time management and how to work within a fast past environment. Workplace culture was good. Everyone got along as long as one knew how to do their job.
Pros
Lots of hours.
Cons
Some jobs were tougher then others.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 July 2018
I had a great career working for this company...i made alot of friends and alot of money there...the health benifits were awesome and allowed me to raise a family with no worries
Industrial Engineer SVR (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 July 2018
Great place to start your career. I would definitely work at this company if there were any openings available. The IE department are very skilled and they is a lot to learn from.
FCA Australia
Internal & Digital Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 June 2018
If you're in the mood for a place where morale is terrible, management is invisible and advancement comes at the price of leaving,than FCA Australia is the place for you.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Terrible Morale
Agréable
QC (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hyacinthe, QC12 June 2018
J'ai adoré mon expérience à cette endroit ! J'ai quitté pour mon propre projet !
Pros
L'équipe
Cons
Gestion de leur temps
Temp
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 May 2018
I only worked at wheels logistics for a few months so i cant say much. Other temps were really lazy but the place was good. Fun people to work with...
syncreon
Picker, Syncreon (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 May 2018
great employees and okay management. the plant gets really hot in the summer. as a student they have yo work around your schedule however it was really hard to communicate with the hr.
easy summer work
Summer student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2018
was easy work, even though it was fast paced and required a lot of lifting. often sent off to do something on your own and then you would come together as a group to finish the order. had a nice balance of solotairy work and team work.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
only a tgemporay position
well paying job
TPT (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 May 2018
only have to be at work for 8 hours
lunch and breaks are pad for
the repeated work can take a toll on the body.
what ever job you are doing on a car, is done on 450 cars a day and this repeated motion of he body can cause injury
Pros
wage is good
Cons
mind numbing work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K