Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Employee Reviews

Found 209 reviews matching the search See all 4,614 reviews
Nice People and Nice Cars
Temporary Part Time/Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 January 2019
Would generally get called to cover a shift of someone who may have called in sick or couldn't come in as well as if the supervisors were short staffed.
Maintenance
Maintenance Supervisor Sal. Hrly Electrician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 January 2019
Work entailed keeping quality, production & maintenance of automated equipment for production of Minivans.
Latest technology of automation & being able to work in various environments.
Worked in management & for them, atmosphere and attitude to excellence was exceptional.
Workplace culture was good & fair, work was accomplished in harmony.
The hardest part of the job was the noisy environment.
Most enjoyable was accomplishment of good trouble shooting
& maintaining good production with quality.
Pros
Enjoyable & challenging career.
Cons
Very little noise abatement programs.
Productive and efficient workplace
Production Operator - Assembly (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 January 2019
- great time management
- properly trained
- opportunities for advancement through experience
- learned how to minimize errors and maximize quality
Interesting work experience
Assembly line operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 January 2019
Learned a lot about the workplace culture. New and interesting task performed everyday. Supervisors and Co-workers helped a lot and made this journey a memorable one.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 January 2019
The pay is good and the benefits are equally as good, time off is easy to come by if you need it and the people are great feels like one big family, enjoy my days.
Fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 December 2018
Don't be late, show respect to others, very culture, all kinds of different people working together. Even when upset customers were mean to you, we would still show respect for them. Everyone was always so nice to each other.
Pros
vacations more then a week.
Cons
Bad company to work for.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 October 2018
Jobs are bid on by seniority approximately every 2 years. The work is soul destroying and you will destroy your physical health. Most of management behave like bullies, will curse and name call with bad language. I have learned that your job is never safe, always worried about the next product or shift elimination. The only thing that could be enjoyable is the pay cheque, but that's not worth anything like it was 10 years ago. Most jobs are geared to a 35 year old, but most of us are over that age. Even if you bid on a job that appears good it won't last, they will add work to you. I walk close to 17000 steps in an 8 hour shift. My physical ailments include carpel tunnel, tennis elbow, bad hip and back.
Pros
Cons
physicall demanding, soul destroying, too hot all year, treated badly
Steady production line work
Production Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 October 2018
Most of the jobs at FCA are physically manageable, and the other jobs tend to be more harder to accomplish. Ergonomic needs to be the way they select job placement.
Pros
Paid breaks and fun work events
Cons
Job selection is based on seniority
Not the greatest place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, Manitoba22 October 2018
After moving back to Brandon from Calgary in 2016 I started work on Aug, 02 at Brandon Chrysler Dodge where I was hired as a New
Car Manager, but promoted to Gen.Sales Manager within 5 minutes beein their. Five month later I was the General Manager.
You might think, wow what a great job I must have been doing, wasn't like that.. All that was on paper only and I became the fall guy on Nov 17, 2017
I don't want to get in all the details, so I like to leave it that!
Challenging and enriching workplace.
Senior Analyst of Costs (Former Employee) –  Goiana, PE11 October 2018
Even though the processes are well define, you are challenge all the time with new things which push you to evolve and adapt. That is the most interesting aspect to this company, the speed of changes teach you to be flexible and adaptable. The management is practical and effective. The culture is particulary interesting due to the large number of foreigners working there. The hardest part of the job is to get used to the multidiversity culture however, when you overcome this, it becomes the most enjoyable part.
Pros
They really take care of the employee.
Cons
The plant is far from the city.
Love my co-workers
Automotive Assembler (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 October 2018
I have fantastic Co-workers and a pretty cool supervisor. That is pretty rare because management typically sucks. The workplace culture is uncomfortable because old men try to date you.
Pros
friendship
Cons
breaks are too short
Fun working environment very good team
Car sell, leasing and financing specialist. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2018
One of the greatest parts of the job is having the opportunity to build relationships with customers and the satisfaction you feel when their expectations have been met

The day begins with preparing and organising the reception area. Throughout the day I met a range of people who are at different stages of their car search. You may meet customers who are in the early stages of looking for a car and need to register their details or those who have just found their perfect car and have arrived to pick up their keys. Regardless of the enquiry, you will give all customers the highest standard of service. We always offer a drink to our customers and it's my responsibility to make them feel welcome and comfortable.
Depending on the day of the week there may be a morning meeting in which you are required to take notes. These meetings provide you with the information necessary to carry out your administrative duties, such as the latest knowledge about cars, trucks and vans currently on the market with Chrysler.
Pros
Coffee, soft drinks, pizza
Cons
Very long hours
Standard work environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC25 September 2018
The work is standard. Inbound and outbound. Easy straight forward. Healthy work environment. Pleasant atmosphere to work in. Steady work pace and workload.
Pros
Part time
Cons
No benefits
Fast-paced work, good pay for student position
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 September 2018
I worked as a temporary part time worker on the student program and was in the material handling department. Work is fast paced, all stations need to be resupplied with the necessary parts promptly. Driving safety rules for in house vehicles are very important, always be aware of your surroundings. Breaks can come often if you work quickly and appropriately.
Pros
High pay for student positions
Cons
very fast paced, little room for error
Work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 August 2018
Had to work in a very fast paced environment. Delivered all the parts to the assembly line quickly before they ran out and lost time on producing cars.
Pros
good pay
Cons
1 day off
Fire System Specialist and Security (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 August 2018
immense pleasure in working at this place.Good hours with Securitas. Friendly people at FCA.Good place to learn new skills. Good unionized environment.Preference to the employees.
Terrible Place to work
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Millwright) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 August 2018
There is no work life balance at all here. Most people are miserable and are tired of working 6 days per week. Zero morale, lazy people and awful cafe. The only thing I can say is the pay (if you started before 2009) is really good (skies the limit) That is the only thing keeping me there. A total soul sucking place
Pros
Money
Cons
to many to list
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 July 2018
A typical day at work consisted of putting together mini-vans in a fast and efficient way. I learned about how mini-vans were built and how they work. The hardest part of this job was that some jobs were a lot more complicated than other and it took a long time to learn them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to music while we worked and talking to other employees.
Straight forward job tasks
Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 July 2018
A typical day of work would in tale delivering parts to the line. I have learned time management and how to work within a fast past environment. Workplace culture was good. Everyone got along as long as one knew how to do their job.
Pros
Lots of hours.
Cons
Some jobs were tougher then others.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 July 2018
I had a great career working for this company...i made alot of friends and alot of money there...the health benifits were awesome and allowed me to raise a family with no worries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Our community is ready to answer.

52K