Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles:

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Employee Reviews

Canada262 reviews
It would not be fair to rate due to the Dealers are all different. Each company has its way of doing bussiness . I however did not get any support from upper management.
productive fast paced but fun to work at
I felt that how they structured the work load was sporadic. I would begin a job on one customer car and then be pulled off halfway through leading to some unchecked operations.
Pros
free staff lunches
Cons
disorganized
It is a good place to work. The line is fast paced work and you must be decently physically fit to be able to work all day. Benefits and pay is good overall a good place to work
Miilwright
Great company with very poor management. Bring supervisors out of university without any production or mechanical background, without any experience whatsoever.
Feast or Famine, High Complexity With Low Intricacy
Observations:
The position requires that you absorb a great deal of information in a short period of time. While the position in question was labeled as an Engineering Role, the routine work was a mix of IT support and clerical tasks.

The inflexibility of the legacy systems require engineers to think creatively in order to meet testing requirements with tight budgets and even tighter schedules. Not enough effort is placed on streamlining workflow or in optimizing processes currently in place.

The rising complexity in Automotive Testing requires new employees to have an adroitness for multiple software GUIs, along with an aptitude for scripting across a wide range of software.

Takeaway:

Often a position will require that the employee have an engineering degree for legal purposes while someone with a programming or IT background would be a far better fit.

Before accepting an offer, ask if their department has sufficient IT support.
easy going but extremely repetitive
if you can deal with repetitive work its a good job. make friends and be social with management for increased benefits in the workplace. will be out of work for a couple months of the year. management needs to have netter communication with employees about whats happening. grateful for the job but not a life time workplace for me.
Good co workers good management, work can be tough
I worked on the line and have good co workers and good management but sometimes the jobs can be very strenuous and require extra energy to complete. Good job for me being a student.
I had fun with the team work and in the cafeteria we had a big screen for intra news
Typical day at work was troubleshooting robots with a team of one or more coworkers. I learned about all kinds of switches, lights and robots. We had a smoothly working relationship with management. The hardest part of the job was when some problem would reappear in a different form again and again. It was a challenge I appreciated and really enjoyed when able to solve the problem.
Pros
Pleasant environment, teamwork, good management
Cons
Lost some benefits when new owners/takeovers happened
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles?
Great company to work for.
It’s a very dynamic atmosphere and fun place to work. There are great processes in place to run the day to day business but its a very fast pace business and the ability to adapt is essential.
Demanding work place
Good supportive colleagues to work with, occasional lunches and coffees, payed overtime (but at base rate), over demanding and judgmental management, overall better place to work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too much work load
Productive and colaborative work place
It's a fast work environment and very collaborative.
I learned to focus on the main pain point of the organization and tackle these points to improve the bottom line of the organization.

Management styles is very open and collaborative, listen the main concerns.

The culture of the organization is paternalist.

The hardest part of the job is to meet the dead line and production quotas to be able to supply the final assembly lines world wide.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the nominations of employee of the month.
Clique based workplace
The work is beyond easy, the people there are all about power, rude people, boring work to the point you feel stupid. It honestly made me so miserable here and it sucks so bad. the pay was good but the people brought me down on a daily basis to the point where I would fake sick to avoid seeing certain people.
Good
Great place to work, very good workers along with management they are good to the workers when it comes to taking time off. Very reasonable pay rate with pay increases.
Good job
Managements always a complete mess and no one ever seems to know what they're doing but besides that not many other complaints. Job has a good pay, meet interesting people and is a good pace for anyone to work. Life balance also is inconsistent as the shifts always change every 2 weeks.
Learning opportunities for young people
Depending on the job it is an interesting place to work with different degrees of difficulty. Engineering teams with quality engineers fun to work thru the various job issues but great group of people to work with from all departments.
Hardest part of the job was my travel to and from the plant each day as I did not relocate my family to be closer to Brampton.

Automotive world will teach you numerous learning lessons in safety , production , quality , responsiveness and finance all in a fast paced environment.
Terrible
Mismanagement of everything manger does. Supervisors have no respect or knowledge of what they are doing. Union is nonexistent. Constantly suspending and firing drivers. Stay away. Managers are rude, dumb and have no business being managers.
excellent working conditions
very nice place to work ...would be hard to replace ….paid time off ….fair compensation for time worked.....flexible working hours ….paid when dedicated runs are cancelled.
Pros
paid time off
super
super ambiance
bonne équipe

belle inventaires

belle endroit
Extremely satisfying place to work
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Canada is on the leading edge of Electrical Vehicle production. As a trainer and mentor to leaders I am challenged to live up to my full potential as an employee and as a human being.
Good job
Very good training with excellent management. Happy environment and excellent benifits. Seniority system that works effectively with union. Strong union
Fast paced
The people who work will get lot of opportunities and freedom to grow. Non performers are phased out. Latest trends are factored but there is scope to improve on implementation part and discipline to follow the defined rules and systems.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3K