FGF BRANDS

FGF BRANDS Employee Reviews

Canada65 reviews
Productive and nice work enviorment
Good company to work. Team work is great. everyone is supportive. supports work and life balance. TM are rewarded with great benefits. convenient location and easily accessible with transit.
Everything is good
Everything’s good. Except, standing for a good long 12 hours, in the job field. That part makes you little bit struggle with your home life balancing because when you come you’ll be super exhausted. Other than that there’s no problem.
29 May 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We understand that 12 hours shifts can be a struggle for some and that is why on our yearly engagement survey we ask our Team Members for their shift length preferences. Every year the majority of our Team Members have stated they prefer 12 hour shifts. In the future, if we receive other feedback we of course would take that into consideration for our shift lengths.
If you have a life, you can't work here?
Six day workweeks. Stress. Company management doesn't care for employees families. Food at get together is soy based vegetarian. Decent money but there's more to life than that.
productive workplace
It was fun and productive workplace at the same time. I had a great experience working here. they have so many approachable and kind hearted supervisors. Love to come back
Worst job ever!
If you enjoy working and being treated like a dog for minimum wage, this is the right job for you!
Please do not believe any positive review for this company: HR office writes them to counteract all the negatives ones that real employees write.
29 May 2020
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate open and honest feedback and encourage our Team Members to speak to us at any time. FGF is continually surveying the market to ensure that all of our wages are competitive.
Hire and fire is all they know!!
Incopetent HR team. All they know is to hire and fire. They need to let go of this team and hire younger competent HR professionals who know the value of employee retention. This team wastes a lot of company money in lots of hires everyday!
Their performance management is also a joke! Its based on hearsay, rumours, dislike and scrutiny!!!
29 May 2020
Thank you for your comments. We continually assess our hiring practices and revise them as concerns arise. We do also have an open door program for our Team Members to provide us with continuous feedback if they feel a practice is not fair or consistent. We do action on all feedback we receive internally.
It pays the bills
As a team member for 2 years, working with FGF Brands is tiring but at the same time it is fun. I wouldn't recommend staying here for good as the work in here will exhaust the body and you could have health problems especially back pains, but I will recommend this job if you're in need of a job that can pay the bills for a while.
Pros
Fun, generous and understanding management.
Cons
They don't discipline the lazy workers -.-
29 May 2020
Thank you for your feedback. FGF believes in home grown talent and we have promoted over 300 Team Members in the last year. FGF has a strong training program in place that we encourage Team Members to participate in so more opportunities are available to them.
Awesome
There is room for growth within the company if you desire it. Look out for job postings and apply for opened positions within the company. Feel free with your team leader and line leader
productive,growing,enjoyable
it is important everyday in the job to know the product you gonna run by securing the copy of your MO. You set up every machine according to the day's product. Start filling up your paper work, the documents needed for the product. Do not forget to inspect machines and conveyor especially the metal detector. Make sure all of them are working properly. Put the proper date code. I've learned more on everyday responsibility, to manage people and promote of unity, respect, and helping people culture on the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have festival and parties.
Good company
It’s very nice company who takes care of team members so that they feel themselves as a part of FGF team wirking on international basis.
I strongly recommend interested employees to start their journey here to feel the exact difference.
nice place to work
Easily adapted. Hours were not favorable enough so had to quit. Learnt a lot as a machine operator. Easily adapted and was very okay working there.team work was good
I worked here since 2018, i improved alot as a worker as a machine operator. Love working with my team. The company provide the people.
From mixing,baking to the packaging people of fgf really working hard to make satisfaction to the customer. Team work is the key, people here a very friendly. I love working with my team dc3 packaging!!!
Avoid at all costs!
This company is a joke, avoid applying here at all costs. The management have no sense of how to manage people. Advancement opportunities are none and never encouraged. If they call you for an interview just say no and wait for another opportunity.
Cons
Management, micro managers, long hours, rude and unprofessional managers who have no sense of skills
10 October 2019
Thank you for your recent feedback.
It’s unfortunate you feel your experience at FGF was not positive. FGF certainly takes pride in creating an inclusive culture, allowing our team members and leaders to excel and progress within the company.

Embracing speed is one of our core qualities, which means it may not be a fit for everyone.
Fgf
The company is a good company but the workers are bias and racist and the pay is too little for a 12 to 14hr shift and the breaks are too early or too late and too short
Worst place to work at
Here at Brampton branch the only thing you can see everywhere is favouritism and when you say something about it, complain or go to hr everyone makes you the the target and they start insulting you in front of line members.
Nice place to work
The environment is very very very fast paced.
The shift duration is 12 hour, while all the time you have to keep standing or walking, that might result in knee pain or arthritis.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
12 hour standing :-(
I have a great job and experiences here!
I have a great job here. I am looking a new job in Belleville because the cost of living there is good and i can see a good future for my family. Unlike here in Toronto very expensive nowadays.
Wonderful career development and growth in this company
I have worked at FGF Brands for almost seven years, and I can honestly say there is no other company like it!.. Owners are very engaged in the company and transparent about the operations and future growth of this organization.

Accelerated career growth opportunities, inclusive and collaborative corporate culture, training and development, and fun team building events/parties!!

.....oh... and lots of food :)...

It's a great place to work!
10 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your comment. We also feel FGF is like no other!

We certainly pride ourselves in accelerating career growth opportunities for our team members by creating unique learning concepts and supporting with exciting career pathways.

And yes! We are a foodie culture!
We have continental shift 4 days work and 3dsys a week
We have arrays of bread such as croissants, muffins, danish and naan etc. Their are day shift, night shifts , morning shift and afternoon shifts.we have leaders in every line such N1,N2, N3 and N4.we have also mixing, line leaders in this production areas .
Great company!
Absolutely loved working here! Great company with immense opportunities for growth! Have to leave due to personal reasons, would re-join in seconds if future permits. As said often FGF is not for everyone! But good work ethics will take you a long way within this organisation.
10 October 2019
Thank you for your comments and we're glad you enjoyed being part of FGF! We hope the time you spent with us in a QA role allowed you to develop further and we wish you continued growth in your career.
Interesting
Amazing co-workers, and the supervisors were always on time and always trying to help you out. Requesting for time off is one of the easiest process I have seen in any organization.