FGF Brands

Canada113 reviews

brandfreelongproductteamcultureshifthour

Great company culture

Featured review

FGF Brands selected this as a representative review
FGF has an awesome team environment and one of the best company cultures I’ve ever had the pleasure to experience. Everyone is super friendly and supportive. Management are committed to helping their employees thrive.

16 November 2020
We are so happy to hear you are having a great time with us and that you recognize we are always looking to help our Team Members reach their full potential.

Harcèlement, direction nulle et raciste et turnover élevé

Harcèlement au quotidien par le manager de la maintenance (maghreb). Un incapable qui ne peut pas faire rouler les lignes de production, toujours entrain de faire les bricolages et rien ne marche. Il ne recrute que ses frères du maghreb pour se couvrir. Le directeur d'usine n'écoute pas, j'ai à plusieurs rapporter les cas d'harcèlement psychologique, mais il n'en a rien à foudre et ça continue.Formation nulle, l'usine de Longueuil est à éviter surtout si vous êtes noirs sinon vous allez finir par regretter Il y'a un turnover élevé dans cette usine.

Pros

Over times

Cons

horaires variables

Insights into FGF Brands

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks

Nice

Fast paces work with good money andHours i worked 7 days here good enviorment very nice management co worker . Management appreciates the the hard work

Management issues

I was working for FGF around 4 years in Electrical team...FGF is a good new established company, they pay dollars more in market, although they have very hard time to find worker and keep them.my low score is about Unprofessional manager wasted my pricless time, if someone is a good engineer there's no guarantee that person able to manage the team also.! thoes are two different profession so needs separate consideration and talents. Basically people don't leave FGF ! they leave the manager.

Qa

Nice place to work and good salary. The company provides dress to the employees while working there and it is not that bad, but I preferred using my own clothes as I don’t like to share clothes with anyone.

7 October 2022
Thank you for your feedback. Any Team Members who enter the manufacturing facility are required to put on fully sanitized clothing to ensure that no outside allergens are being brought into our facility.

Nice place to work

Very relaxed environment, nice managers who are very willing to hep, not much flexibility regarding working from home, even though some employees are commuting almost 2 hours

Avoid get in Electrical team

Avoid get in Electrical toxic team, team never build-up coz poor management behind it, workers leaving one after another.-Lack of communication is a core issue -Constant lack of clarity around projects -Passive-aggressive management behavioral -Zero encouraging your growthToxic work environments can lead to increased stress and anxiety, decreased work productivity, low morale and loss normal life.

7 October 2022
We take all reviews seriously. Our Open Door Program is designed to help provide a confidential communication channel for Team Members to share their experiences and feedback. We encourage you to take advantage of our Open Door Program and speak with your Talent and Development representative.

Job security with good pay

Fgf is a good place to work, i have in ormont plant for few years and worked on two different positions and left the place due to personal reasons but it’s fun but tiring at the same time to work there.

15 August 2022
Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your time at FGF.

Safe place to work

Safe and clean place to work and all the leaders are respectful fairly And lovable they know what to do step by step and everyone have a chance to promote at work

Innovated fun place to work

Great company to build a career. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow. Fabulous , fun inclusive culture. I have a great team and we solve challenges together.

Fun workplace

It is a good place to work .For growing up you have less chance there if you are not their favorite person.Long shift is make your life hard .They have different training that is really good.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Long Hours

20 May 2022
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are appreciating our learning and development programs.

Love fgf

I have worked for FGF for 8 years. The owners are absolutely supportive and actually cares about people! The Leadership team works hard to ensure we are working together!

OK place to work

Great place to work and lot of growth opportunities but no work life balance. salaries are not that much to compromise the work life balance but you can learn a lot.

Good place to work..

I love people and friendly culture but need more physical work. But overall good. Management are supportive and take care of honest person. so if you are honest, hardworking and looking for phyhsical work is good place to go

20 May 2022
Thank you for your response, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

Lack of autonomy

Management is controlling and does not empower employees to drive change and improvement. Health and safety is not a core value. Communication is unclear and lacking

20 May 2022
Safety is a key priority here at FGF Brands. Each of our facilities is committed to maintaining a healthy and safe environment, and will not compromise that regardless of the circumstance. Thank you for your review.

Stressful and fast paced working environment

Family business, owners do not respect employees at all. They like to yelling to the employees often. Long working hours each day. The workplace culture is horrible.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

long hours, very stressful

20 May 2022
Though our annual Team Member Engagement Survey we have learned that our culture is very strong and appreciated by a large percentage of our Team Members. We are sorry to hear your time with us was not positive.

Productive,nice and good place to work..easy job.

Its a good place to work..I work fgf brands for 6 years already till present...i can recommend a friend to work at fgf brands...they are fair in job allocation and rotation,salary and benefits are also fair,management are nice and humble,your safety are there priority...job culture for all different nationality are excellent

Good company to work and grow

Company is growing as well as people are. Supportive higher management and fast pace work environment. Easy to get a team or line lead job if coming with some experience. Even company promote alot of TMs from inside too.

FGF is like nothing else

You have to work here to see it, but it really is like no other bakery.The owners have created a space of collaboration and innovation.Leaders lead by example and truly care for their team.It can be hard work, but there is also a lot of opportunities to have a laugh

Keep Clear. Toxic work environment.

The company has 1 goal. Make money. Diversity, transparency and fairness are non- exsistant. I would compare employee treatment to sweat shops. The employees desperately need a Union to fight for respect and fairness in the workplace. Good food products will come and go. Negative experiences are long lasting.

Pros

Honest co-workers.

Cons

Bullying is plant wide

Worth it

There’s a bit of a learning curve at first, but working here is worth looking stupid for a week or two while you ask questions that seem obvious but just take some getting used to. It’s a great intro to the industry and if you aren’t shy, you’ll learn a ton!

14 June 2021
Thanks so much for your refreshing feedback. Yes there is lots to know in the baking industry and we are happy to take you through it in our immersion programs. Your colleagues are here to help you as you learn so no question is too silly to ask. FGF has a lot of Learning and Development programs don’t be shy about taking up all learning opportunities that you come across.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FGF Brands. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement