FGF Brands

FGF Brands Employee Reviews

Great company culture

Featured review

FGF Brands selected this as a representative review
FGF has an awesome team environment and one of the best company cultures I’ve ever had the pleasure to experience. Everyone is super friendly and supportive. Management are committed to helping their employees thrive.

16 November 2020
We are so happy to hear you are having a great time with us and that you recognize we are always looking to help our Team Members reach their full potential.

Keep Clear. Toxic work environment.

The company has 1 goal. Make money. Diversity, transparency and fairness are non- exsistant. I would compare employee treatment to sweat shops. The employees desperately need a Union to fight for respect and fairness in the workplace. Good food products will come and go. Negative experiences are long lasting.

Pros

Honest co-workers.

Cons

Bullying is plant wide

Worth it

There’s a bit of a learning curve at first, but working here is worth looking stupid for a week or two while you ask questions that seem obvious but just take some getting used to. It’s a great intro to the industry and if you aren’t shy, you’ll learn a ton!

14 June 2021
Thanks so much for your refreshing feedback. Yes there is lots to know in the baking industry and we are happy to take you through it in our immersion programs. Your colleagues are here to help you as you learn so no question is too silly to ask. FGF has a lot of Learning and Development programs don’t be shy about taking up all learning opportunities that you come across.

Great experience

Good pay, nice facilities, friendly coworkers, free food, smooth communication, healthy and professional environment, peaceful workplace, caring managers. Overall, excellent.

14 June 2021
Thank you so much for your candid feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your coworkers, our great food and took advantage of what we have to offer. We are happy to hear that working at FGF was a positive experience for you.

The people are the best part

The IT department is made up of some of Canada’s best and brightest. My coworkers are all exceptional people and getting to work alongside them is the reason I get up in the morning.

14 June 2021
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you feel you are working alongside a great team. We completely agree, there is a reason we are known as a ‘tech company that bakes’.

Temp job

I worked at FGF Brands as a temp for almost a year and I was hoping it would lead to something permanent because I really loved working here. The work environment was very friendly and I got along great with everyone in the office. I know from conversations I had with full-time employees that they pay well and there’s also a lot of benefits and perks that come with being an employee. You get to try all the delicious food they make for free.Even though I was just a temp, I was never made to feel like an outsider or less than anyone else in the office. I honestly can still see myself working here long-term and I plan to keep my eye open for job postings because it was hands-down the best company I’ve ever temped at.

14 June 2021
It is great to hear that you had a positive experience with us. We encourage you to stay in touch and apply for any positions that you feel might interest you.

10 out of 10

Great company. I can not recommend them enough. This is a great company I have ever had. I really like to work here.

The food here is unbelievably tasty!

I gained 15 pounds working here because of how good the food is! Employees get free samples and I just couldn’t stop myself from trying everything and then going back for seconds and thirds.

Unique company culture

Very diverse staff, especially in management.Open to different perspectives and viewpoints.Respectful and professional of all employees regardless of rank.Friendly and social (company events were a regular occurrence before COVID).

31 May 2021
Thank you for your review. Diversity is not simply a box we check it is baked in. If we want to solve complex challenges, we need great minds with different backgrounds and perspectives to come together. Although we cannot get together because of COVID restrictions we have had many virtual events to keep our team members engaged. We also miss in-person events and can not wait to get together again.

I miss working here

It was a great job that I have regretted leaving almost every day for the last year. The working environment was professional and healthy. Helpful coworkers.

31 May 2021
Thanks for your review. FGF is a very special place to work. Our focus on collaboration is part of our DNA. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us! We appreciate our FGF alumni and encourage you to stay in touch .

Excellent pay

The company pays well above industry standard. For this alone I plan on sticking around for the long-term. People can keep their high ideals about “fulfillment” and “purpose”. I just want to be paid what I’m worth.

Good place to work except with favouritism issue

FGF is a good place to work as the salary is above minimum and more security of not losing job esp. at this time of pandemic as long as ur a responsible worker. It is a tiring work place but we had a lot of fun working with diverse people. The only thing that I don’t like in this company is their very obvious favouritism in giving promotions. As long as your Indian you will get promotions even if your lazy, always on the phone, always not in their work position, rude, gossiping while working, and new in the company (which are one of their common reason to those who did not get the promotion that they do not work long enough in the company). It’s ok that they got promoted due to favouritism as long as they can show that they are hardworking, capable and responsible.

19 March 2021
Here at FGF we are committed to building a safe awesome and fair place to work, one Team Member, one job at a time. We have many ways in which concerns can be raised including our open door program and anonymous hotline. Our internal promotion process is based on evaluation of performance, skills and experience and it is our goal to ensure our selection process is objective. We thank you for your feedback.

They really emphasize safety in their facilities

The FGF factory I worked at kept to the strictest safety standards and regulations at all times. There was absolutely no leeway given when it came to health & safety. The pay was good and I always got the time off that I requested, but working in a factory, the biggest thing for me was knowing that I would make it home safe every day. The equipment we work with is no joke. And on this front, FGF does an excellent job.

19 March 2021
Thank you for your comments. Health and Safety is a top priority at FGF our goal is to ensure all of our Team Members work in a safe environment all of the time!

Interesting and exciting work

I like the work I get to do here. I get bored easily, and it takes a lot to keep me interested in a job, and so far I have no desire to pack up and leave. I’m not sure whether it’s just the company’s rapid growth or that the managers know exactly what to do with their employees, but I always feel like my talents are being used to their utmost and I’m never assigned work that feels routine.

23 February 2021
Than you for your feedback, we are thrilled to hear you facing challenges and not bored!!

I worked at FGF Brands over 5 years. Great experience. unfortunately I coundn't continue due to covid. friendly staff, clean place to work. I may join the team once again the situation change back to normal.

14 December 2020
Thanks for sharing. We are glad to hear you had a great experience working for FGF.

Learn a lot

High growth potential. If you come with the mindset to learn you will excel. If you come with a poor work ethic and an unwillingness to pick up new skills you’ll likely struggle. FGF Brands offers a safe and clean work environment where you can grow as a professional.

14 December 2020
Thank you for your review. We are glad you are having such a positive experience. We do believe in always continuing to grow through learning and development.

My experience was highly positive

A great company where I experienced quick professional development. I generally had the freedom to work as I pleased without anyone breathing down my neck. I appreciated the trust they had in their staff. I eventually moved on to take advantage of other opportunities outside of the company.

16 November 2020
We are happy to hear you had a great experience during your time at FGF and that you took advantage of our learning and development opportunities. We will always consider having you back when you are ready to make your next career move.

best company india

i am gujrati as well, i work in india as cycle fix. they hire me in maintenance, they promote me, i dont like they hire from any country should only india, or pilipine good friend, sanitizers. i get all i want shift, money all i speak in gujrati to friends they fire and hire. what wrong with veggie food,

Pros

gujrati support

Cons

too many non vegeterians

It is the worst place to work not at the beginning but later on especially if a person is not from phillipen

Never treated equally as the would treat their country people in work,job promotion and behaviour the leaders would always over work people from other countries

27 August 2020
Here at FGF we are committed to building an awesome and fair place to work, one Team Member, one job at a time. We have many ways in which concerns can be raised including our open door program and anonymous hotline. Our internal promotion process is based on evaluation of performance, skills and experience.

Great company with amazing workplace culture

Culture at FGF is different than most of the manufacturing plants out there. Every department is supportive of one another, and different opinions are considered during problem solving. Everyday is a new and exciting challenge and you will never get bored.

27 August 2020
Collaboration is the centre of who we are. We take pride in knowing our ideas come from anywhere and everywhere throughout the company. We appreciate your candid comments.

Growing in the company is impossible for other people except pillipenos although if they kill themselves for the company

Never expect to grow in the company if you are not from the Philippines and they just try to use you like animals and if you make a complain it will hurt no one but you

23 June 2020
If is unfortunate that FGF was not the place for you. FGF prides itself on our Home Grown Talent Initiative, where we offer internal development opportunities to help our Team Members reach their full potential and have many examples of this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FGF Brands. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement