FG Deli Group Ltd.

FG Deli Group Ltd. Employee Reviews

I worked here for years upon years and I was not appreciated. They work you like dogs and and have zero care in the world for your well-being. Machinery is CONSTANTLY breaking down and instead of fixing it, they just make you work faster and harder...which overloads the machines....and makes them break down....this is a job that requires repetitive work so overworking your staff is literally killing them. It makes them take more time off because they’re hurting themselves frequently. I watched them cut down on Christmas celebrations and BBQ lunches, and other costs that made their employees the slightest bit happy to go to work. Valuing their employees is not a priority and is in fact at the bottom of their list. No matter how much you tell HR about the management problems, nothing changes.
Pros
They serve coffee/tea, hams/sausages, and bread for lunch
Cons
Working in the cold (depending on department), they treat you horribly, pay isn’t great for the amount of work you do, pretty much everything sucks
You are guaranteed to experience microaggression from untrained supervisors/managers and disgruntled senior management. Racist comments are a norm from top down. The sad part is trying to file a complaint to h/r because h/r continues to do nothing though they are part of the problem and are aware of these endless problems and the poor working environment. Very negative working experience but if you do not agree it is your choice to seek employment here. Maybe they will to do better so the brands don't suffer. Good luck!
Pros
Free stale coffee and monitored lunch room
Cons
Mistreatment, toxic work environment, bullying and harassment, micromanagement, cold
Dust. very dust do not work here it is very bad and I would not recommend it I just get blood on me and it kind of sucks a lot and its really cold and the management blow
This company doesn't seem to stick to their own rules. It was a horrible place to work. Even though employees follow the rules and get supervisor's approval they still get reprimanded ? I would not recommend as some employees are favored and the rest are not treated well
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great place to work. good money full time hours. worked in the the cold and didn't care because I'm the man. if you can handle it go work there its good money.
HR needs to do something about the bullying & harassing work environment. The old people are so closed minded to learn new things from younger people.
Pros
the front-line employees - they deserve better
Cons
Bullying & Harassing Work Environment - HR doesn't do anything
Two long standing family brands of specialty meats are produced at this facility. There is pride in workmanship and quality of products that are put out. Depending on whether you work on the raw side or cooked side you have different work environments. Free food is served in the cafeteria for all employees and suppliers. In 2018 there is still not any transit service here but many employees carpool. There are more people working here that have 20 years of service than there is five. That says a lot.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Social Committee, Always busy
Cons
Remote Location if on transit
I've been working at the FG Deli Group for the last 4 years as a employee in the Packaging department. What I enjoy the most about working here is the people I work with. The work can be physical but we all work as a team to get it done. Management listens to employee concerns and has an open door policy. The wages and benefits are excellent.
Pros
Free lunches and company culture
Cons
Temperature in work environment is 4 degrees Celsius