FG Deli Group Ltd.
FG Deli Group Ltd. Employee Review

If you hate your life, work here!

8 May 2019
I worked here for years upon years and I was not appreciated. They work you like dogs and and have zero care in the world for your well-being. Machinery is CONSTANTLY breaking down and instead of fixing it, they just make you work faster and harder...which overloads the machines....and makes them break down....this is a job that requires repetitive work so overworking your staff is literally killing them. It makes them take more time off because they’re hurting themselves frequently. I watched them cut down on Christmas celebrations and BBQ lunches, and other costs that made their employees the slightest bit happy to go to work. Valuing their employees is not a priority and is in fact at the bottom of their list. No matter how much you tell HR about the management problems, nothing changes.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
They serve coffee/tea, hams/sausages, and bread for lunch
Cons
Working in the cold (depending on department), they treat you horribly, pay isn’t great for the amount of work you do, pretty much everything sucks
22 June 2017
Same role
Packaging Employee (Current Employee) - 27101 56 Avenue Langley
I've been working at the FG Deli Group for the last 4 years as a employee in the Packaging department. What I enjoy the most about working here is the people I work with. The work can be physical but we all work as a team to get it done. Management listens to employee concerns and has an open door policy. The wages and benefits are excellent.
Pros
Free lunches and company culture
Cons
Temperature in work environment is 4 degrees Celsius
18 July 2020
Same location
Employee (Current Employee) - Aldergrove, BC
You are guaranteed to experience microaggression from untrained supervisors/managers and disgruntled senior management. Racist comments are a norm from top down. The sad part is trying to file a complaint to h/r because h/r continues to do nothing though they are part of the problem and are aware of these endless problems and the poor working environment. Very negative working experience but if you do not agree it is your choice to seek employment here. Maybe they will to do better so the brands don't suffer. Good luck!
Pros
Free stale coffee and monitored lunch room
Cons
Mistreatment, toxic work environment, bullying and harassment, micromanagement, cold
13 January 2020
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) - Langley, BC
Dust. very dust do not work here it is very bad and I would not recommend it I just get blood on me and it kind of sucks a lot and its really cold and the management blow
  1. If you hate your life, work here!