Fervent Events Employee Reviews

Worked here a bit
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2019
Hours are good but not many breaks. And usually commissions give more money.

However be warned. You get a t4a form back. So it wouldnt be that bad if they actually charged your taxes. I paid no taxes. And now I'm stuck in a massive debt hole. So if you work here take money off your checks and put them away for t4 season.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Long hours, untaxxed pay, workplace doesnt like the company, workplace always changes
Great job, lots of fun. It includes lots of change and variety in the types of roles you get to take on.
Brand Ambassador and Designated Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2019
A fun and engaging job where you have the opportunity to lead groups and engage with many individuals in B2C marketing and promotional campaigns. The staff at fervent are extremely accommodating and professional which dramatically improves the work experience and interactment with colleagues.
Productive and friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2018
Fervent Events is a great company they really care about their employees and it is a friendly environment. They offer hourly pay with commission which is beneficial to employees knowing that they are not only getting commission. Great company only dislike is the commute.
Pros
Commission and hourly pay
Cons
Long travel
Nice working environment
Promoter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2018
They are very fair,and I have no problem working with them.They give us break,during the winter season.They give our salary,on time.They sometimes give us free uniform or little things that help us to work more comfortably.
fun
Brand Ambassador/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2018
it was a fun job that gave me the freedom to explore the city and allow me to meet a lot of cool people, providing me with a platform to do my own networking.
Good Management Team
Brand ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2018
Office staff are helpful and better than other promo agencies in my experience. Receive schedule in advance to accommodate other work and are always paid on time (bi-weekly).
Pros
Good management, fair pay
Cons
Sometimes lack of work like the rest of the promo agency
Great
Business marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2018
Great company, I just wish there was more work available. I like interacting with different people. There is always different job locations which is a plus as well
Pros
freedom
Cons
not enough work
Busy, in over their head
Recruiter (1 month contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2018
Fly by the seat of their pants, opportunity for growth, unclear expectations. Lots of autonomy, flexibility. Campaigns were pretty cheesy, and felt silly working on accounts for poor quality products that were nothing more than hype.
Could be a better atmosphere if recruiter didn't hire too many people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 April 2018
When I started working for Fervent Events, I thought it was an opportunity to have growth within me to expand, however I found that the recruiters just wanted to have a test of how the employee's will react to them with having more people on board, when I could of used more hours from them, it would of been better if I had made commission from them. I made myself to be of a value for them but they just took advantage of what I have done to try to help the organization.
Pros
gave me some satisfaction to keep my mouth shut.
Cons
Fervent Events built me up just to tear me down!!!!
The company does not know how to treat employees with respect
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 March 2018
Treats their employees like garbage. A employee working hard with dedication and devotion means absolutely nothing to the. They are the worst company I have worked with thus far.
Pros
Cons
Worst management
Well organized, fair pay.
Costco Road Show (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 February 2018
The company is well organized and responsive in case of questions/misunderstandings. I worked in Dartmouth, NS and the supervision was from Toronto, ON. Despite the long distance I could get the answers that I needed pretty quickly via email/sms/calls.
Pros
Fair hourly pay. Certain level of independence in terms of sales techniques that you want to use.
Cons
12 hours shifts was a challenge for me, especially when I worked alone but other people may find it fine.
Good People
Contract Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
Professional
People were good to work with
The work was fun but challenging
Good money
Was really good contract work
Thats my review on this great company
Cons
Not enough work
Great company!
Holiday Gift Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2018
I absolutely loved my time working with Fervent. They are a wonderful company that I'd love to work for again in the future. Everything about the company was a gem to work for.
Pros
very flexible
Great pay/hours for students
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2017
Follow team leader's instructions during activation, may require standing for long hours, friendly people to make the time pass by, will require you to be comfortable talking to/going up to strangers
Pros
Good pay, can build leadership skills, good work-life balance, once you have worked a few shifts managers may make you Team Lead (increase in pay)
Cons
Good events only come along once in awhile
Great place when you need a good part time job
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2017
The team has been great to work with but they have changed the hours and the products that they sell are becoming saturated in the market. I went from making excellent money to sub-par. A lot of work for not much return now.
Pros
flexible hours, good product
Cons
pay not as good as it was, long hours, not allowed to have a mat on the floor
Flexible and self-fulfilling opportunities that allows many gainful benefits
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  SW Ontario8 November 2017
Fervent Events is a small company with a great leadership team. It allows flexibility of hours and locations. The team supports the staff in the field with constant contact available when necessary, as well as peer support through live group chats.

The hours can be long but quite rewarding. The return is directly correlated to the efforts you place upon it. You are permitted to bring your own unique abilities to the job.

The products sold are usually very well received by the consumer, so the efforts required are quite enjoyable. Direct contact with the consumer reinforces your efforts.
Pros
Flexible hours and locations
Brand Ambassador / Sales Rep
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
Fervent was a great company to work for and had a variety of projects on the go.

The pay can vary from each project but they're usually competitive with other agencies.

Management was always co-operative and addressed my concerns promptly.

They're a small company but have a great management team.

I would definitely pick up more work with them in the future. .
Pros
Variety of projects
Cons
Could be long hours
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2017
Great people and great environment, good management and decent pay. Very good product line provided the best service in Costco. Very good company to work with!
Pros
Commision incentive
Great company!!!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 July 2016
Love this job, it fits my personality, and I am always at a different location and moving. Always meeting new people! I feel as this is the type of job field I am supposed to be in because, I enjoy getting up and going to work.
Pros
good pay and meeting new people
Cons
Not enough steady work
Great team environment and strong leadership
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2016
Fervent was a great place to work

Lots of variety and interesting projects to work on.

I would definitely work at Fervent again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fervent Events. Our community is ready to answer.