Fervent Events

Fervent Events Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews
Fun place to work
Pay is much better than minimum wage, and usually shifts are easy and fun as long as you are able to confidently approach customers and be able to communicate well.
All depends on the gig/project
The problem with any brand ambassador contract is you will work a short term. And then you have to apply again just like most marketing contract jobs.

If you work there Costco Roadshows they tend to keep you onboard. Just the Roadshows get sporadic at times depending on the region.
work isn't too strenuous after set up
hardest part is set up and tear down. Have to get display perfect for client, often very heavy work required. should be overtime after 8 hours per shift. Not enough shows in my geographical area.
Pros
contractor work so get home business tax benefits
Cons
long periods of standing, short breaks, some very long all day 113/4 hr shifts without overtime
The staff is quite supportive and helpful. Overall, this is a great place to work and a good opportunity to learn new skills pertaining to your field.
Fun, fast-paced environment
I enjoy working here.

We did demos in Costco's all over Calgary and earned very good commission/bonuses.

It was an independent job, as the actual office was in Toronto.
a typical day
arriving at costco and setting up and selling and selling to customers and talking about the product. and then at end of two weeks packing up and senting to next costco
Productive, but would have preferred if it was a little more organized
Enjoyed the company of other coworkers, and had a great experience. Casual work environment. Management was easy going and helped with any concerns immediately.
Fun work with great money!
I have been working for them for about 2 years. Summer Campaigns are fun. You meet lot of people at festivals. Costco Roadshows are long hours- beneficial if you are looking for good money.
Great Management, as student I was looking for temporary work and got work every month!

Advancement opportunity if you are good at marketing. Company has been listed in top 50 Canadian Growing companies.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fervent Events?
Very good salary
Very good salary
Amazing job environment

Work for only few days

Not permanent job

Very good leaders

Good work experience

Very cooperative emplooyers

Good for new part timers
Branding different brands and products at Fervent Events
Had a great time promoting Freedom mobile for summer 2019. It was a great learning curve , working with different set of people, Activating trial sims, assisting in making sales. There was no set of Pressure on any of the Brand ambassadors to perform in a certain and strict manner, which made workplace always fun and enjoyable. Never really felt like work. On top, the payroll was always on/if not before time and there was a bonus on top of base pay for most of the events.

Overall, a great experience.

5/5
Fantastic opportunities
Absolutely fantastic company to become an independent contractor with. Great pay, easy communication with other staff, very flexible and always rewarding.
Love Working for Fervent
Fervent Events always treats me well. They have been a life saver to me during this difficult period in my life when work has been scarce. They have prioritized me so that I can make the money I need within the promotion event time line. Hours are long and hard and can be boring. When it's busy it's great and there is extra money to be made.

If you can't stand on a cement floor for up to 13 hours a day, you may not want to consider working here.
Pros
Like the management. They have always treated me well
Cons
Long hours standing on cement
Worked here a bit
Hours are good but not many breaks. And usually commissions give more money.

However be warned. You get a t4a form back. So it wouldnt be that bad if they actually charged your taxes. I paid no taxes. And now I'm stuck in a massive debt hole. So if you work here take money off your checks and put them away for t4 season.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Long hours, untaxxed pay, workplace doesnt like the company, workplace always changes
Great job, lots of fun. It includes lots of change and variety in the types of roles you get to take on.
A fun and engaging job where you have the opportunity to lead groups and engage with many individuals in B2C marketing and promotional campaigns. The staff at fervent are extremely accommodating and professional which dramatically improves the work experience and interactment with colleagues.
Productive and friendly work environment
Fervent Events is a great company they really care about their employees and it is a friendly environment. They offer hourly pay with commission which is beneficial to employees knowing that they are not only getting commission. Great company only dislike is the commute.
Pros
Commission and hourly pay
Cons
Long travel
Nice working environment
They are very fair,and I have no problem working with them.They give us break,during the winter season.They give our salary,on time.They sometimes give us free uniform or little things that help us to work more comfortably.
fun
it was a fun job that gave me the freedom to explore the city and allow me to meet a lot of cool people, providing me with a platform to do my own networking.
Good Management Team
Office staff are helpful and better than other promo agencies in my experience. Receive schedule in advance to accommodate other work and are always paid on time (bi-weekly).
Pros
Good management, fair pay
Cons
Sometimes lack of work like the rest of the promo agency
Great
Great company, I just wish there was more work available. I like interacting with different people. There is always different job locations which is a plus as well
Pros
freedom
Cons
not enough work
Busy, in over their head
Fly by the seat of their pants, opportunity for growth, unclear expectations. Lots of autonomy, flexibility. Campaigns were pretty cheesy, and felt silly working on accounts for poor quality products that were nothing more than hype.
Could be a better atmosphere if recruiter didn't hire too many people
When I started working for Fervent Events, I thought it was an opportunity to have growth within me to expand, however I found that the recruiters just wanted to have a test of how the employee's will react to them with having more people on board, when I could of used more hours from them, it would of been better if I had made commission from them. I made myself to be of a value for them but they just took advantage of what I have done to try to help the organization.
Pros
gave me some satisfaction to keep my mouth shut.
Cons
Fervent Events built me up just to tear me down!!!!