Ferrero Employee Reviews

I worked there for six years, and it was six years I cant get back.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 June 2019
Not sure where to begin. I worked there for six years so whatever I put here will not summarize my experiences. I worked hard, I never missed a day, I never took a sick day and I worked with some awful people. How you are promoted in there is known as "politics" or as I would say favoritism. There is no real meter for judging competence in this place. That’s bad news for anyone with a positive attitude who naively thinks if I just work hard and treat people with respect I will be appreciated.

Temps are treated as sub human which really wasn't that much worse as to how I was treated. I was not evaluated fairly, was routinely blamed for things I did not do, when I was not there, when I was on break, all because the line leader was not willing to accept that his "buddies" or his chosen people would leave a mess behind, or mess things up. My only regret here was that I did not leave sooner, which I eventually did, I did eventually quit because I know my skill set and education. I am a smart person, I treat people with respect and I know most companies want people like me.

I will tell you one of many examples as to how I was treated under the line leader I worked with. One time I was instructed by him to operate a machine known as the E-80, while his protégé and second in command would watch the 750 pick and place, the machine I normally operated.

However, he did not tell me this and instead told me to watch the 750 area, and his second in command would watch the e80. So here I am operating the 750 with the two of them watching me, and the line leader, who told me to watch
  more... this machine said "Its ok (insert my name)!!! He (insert his second in commands name), has got it!" and he said this with a very strong tone and being very condescending. This was to imply like only I could operate this machine, when in fact I was just going by what he told me, and I think he forgot that he told me to watch the 750, instead of the e80. I had done nothing wrong, and I was being blamed for his poor vision and his inability to read people.

I saw way too much of that at Ferrero, people in positions they didn’t earn, and were terrible judges of character.

This sort of experience would really define my time at Ferrero, doing my job, and line leaders and other operators trying to find things to say about me that were bad, or trying to undermine me in someway, when in fact they were in the wrong. Who knows what has become of this place, the same people are probably still there, being as hypocritical as always. I’m glad I left and I would tell anyone to steer clear of this place unless you can't find anything else.
Pros
Most areas of the plant have AC
Cons
Favortisim, corruption of the highest order, treated poorly
Toxic work environment
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford3 May 2019
Worked there as a temp 8 years ago, judging from current reviews nothing has changed. Terrible place to work. When they have to bus people in from Hamilton and London because word has gotten around in Brantford what a toxic place it is, that says it all.
Pros
Free espresso
Cons
Rotating shifts, toxic management, rotating shifts, short breaks, crazy production speeds, etc., etc.
avoid
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 April 2019
I started at Ferrero as a temp through Kelly's Services. I found the environment to be toxic. The shift schedule is taxing, Days 1 week, Nights the next week, and then afternoons the next week.
Pros
free chocolate
Cons
D.N.A. schedule
Stay Away!!
Millwright/ Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 April 2019
Terrible place to work. Needs a union badly. If you don't like your co-workers, don't worry because they probably won't be there long. Favouritism is rampant and this company could care less about their employees.
Pros
TV's in lunch room
Cons
Mandatory overtime, no job security
Hard work can pay off
Rocher/ Nutella packaging department (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 April 2019
Worked here as a seasonal employee for 3 months. In that time i rarely missed any days and always worked hard. I was asked if I wanted a full time position but declined to return to school. The work was rather mundane and some days pretty demanding but overall it wasn't terrible.
Pros
Room for advancement in pay
Cons
short lunch breaks, repetitive work
Salary is good
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 April 2019
The pay a good salary but do not have a great working culture. Some of the supervisors treat the employers like a robot during work. The do not have a proper structure in the company.
not recommended
Forklift operator electric counterbalance (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 January 2019
tones of over time leaving little time to have any kind of life. little to no respect for there workers. one week rotating shift. don't recommend working there.
Okay place.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 January 2019
Your shift rotates every week from days, nights, and afternoons. Job is to keep production running and prevent breakdowns with minimal impact to production schedule. Hardest part of the job is completing a repair on machines with the parts that are available within an acceptable timeframe. Can be very stressful at times, and some production runs almost 6 days a week.
Pros
Larger potential for growth due to size of company.
Cons
Can be very stressful.
Extremely pleasant work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2019
Being a contractor I was able to advise upper and middle management because of my vast experience and knowledge, most of which were accepted and put into practice.
Pros
Daily interaction with various levels of management which gave me a sense of belonging
Cons
Contract was too short
Terrible place to work, avoid it if you can.
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 December 2018
Management is absolutely terrible, very disorganized, and they rely a lot on line leads for decision making when it should be the supervisor making the decisions. Overtime is constant, every weekend including Sunday which puts a huge damper on family life. The single week rotating shifts completely exhaust everybody. Team morale is extremely low due to zero recognition for anything anybody does on the production floor; all management remembers is the bad. Every shift is out for themselves, nobody wants to help anybody. Machines are always breaking down and maintenance never has real parts to fix it, they are always making something on the go so production can run. You cannot trust anybody, rumours spread way too easily and people are always stabbing you in the back. There is a hot cafeteria but only 'open' during the day, mostly geared towards the straight-days office employees. The only good thing about working there was the pay and the benefits.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
PLC electrician (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 November 2018
None or very few parts , always trying to improvise to make things work,no real safety there,no pm. People that they make supervision are rude, ignorant and try to use yelling , intimidation,bullying to get you to do on the moment unplanned jobs, too many quick fixes,+ patch jobs. The place doesn't have a electrical engineer so when they buy + install new equipment it's usually under sized and you get stuck fixing up brand new equipment that you know nothing about since there's next to no training on any equipment. You get thrown into the fire real quick. When a electrician goes on vacation your stuck taking care of a big area of 4 floors of equipment.Not a good learning experience for younger tradesmen. It pays good but your very busy trying to learn systems and do calls and then they try to give you on the fly jobs or fixes
Pros
Good pay
Cons
3shifts, too stressful for area of not much profit, no pm program, tools provided but takes months to get them
contract
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 October 2018
This is a contract position, ending soon.

Management lacks, but a good place to work.
Salary is good, shift premium, paid lunches.

Fast paced work environment.
Pros
Salary
Self motivated
Freshness auditor (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia16 October 2018
Have set route that requires a visit in person to check the core listing at each location. Then you track on a iPhone (with app) the article, price, how many and lot code. Requires travel. Part time work. Left alone to do your route every 2 weeks cycle for this region.

No real dealing with HO only my Manager who is very supportive and easygoing.
Do you like doing multipule peoples jobs?
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON2 October 2018
Management likes yes men.

Most temporary workers suck so you'll be doing there jobs aswell.

Slow season is nice, no temps.

Benefits are pretty decent too. The job is easy, dealing with the temp workers is the most frustrating thing I have ever done.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Temps and management suck
Going nowhere fast!!!!
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 September 2018
Work/family life is slim, no room to advance, no job security. Relationships with co-workers is not advised, too much talking is frowned upon. Management can be good, but more often than not, they're rude and unprofessional.
Pros
Pay, free product, ice cream day
Cons
Lots of overtime, no advancement, one week rotating shifts-days, nights, afternoons
Enjoyed working for the company, didn't like the other employees
Main Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 September 2018
Over all i enjoyed working for the company. pay was great, and i personally enjoyed the hours but the mandatory overtime wasn't always the nicest, especially when they started firing people because they were unable to physically work every day, sorry one day off every three weeks? like the diversity of people, but a lot of the employees acted stuck up and were always rude to temps and others.
Productive and good environment
Commercial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 August 2018
Good workplace to learn about glasses, sales, customer service, finance, accounting and is well located.

Good coworkers, and you can improve your skills and your experience.
productive and fun workplace, very friendly
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 August 2018
typical day consists of assigned line duties, checking quality, packaging, setting up displays.

learned a lot about how to run an assembly line, how to check quality, and how to properly assemble displays.
Pros
room for advancement, meet lots of people
Productive, busy and fun workplace
Operator (Current Employee) –  1 Ferrero blvd Brantford, ON23 August 2018
I really enjoying working at this place, I learned to do quality and learned how to do inventory in limited time frame. The best and enjoyable part of this job is that i can see my line's production up on the wall on big screen i can see if my numbers going down or up. I learned to do some data entries too.
Pros
Free bbq, ice cream day, Thanksgiving dinner once a year
Cons
N/a
Friendly Staff and Co-workers willing to help me learn
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  1 Ferrero Blvd, Brantford, ON N3V 1G329 July 2018
I worked at Ferrero for a month and I did some heavy lifting and line work but overall it was a good experience with good pay and a friendly staff and co-workers willing to help me learn at my first labor job
Pros
Lenient Scheduling
Cons
Heavy Lifting and Fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferrero. Our community is ready to answer.