Ferrero Employee Reviews

You need to be committed
International Commercial Quality Trainee (Former Employee) –  Luxembourg14 August 2018
The company itself is great but if you're not Italian, it will be hard for you to climb the corporate ladder. The people are nice and friendly but with everything there are always cons: the corporate culture
Pros
Free chocolate, nice people
Cons
long hours, corporate culture
Productive and fun
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 June 2018
I would recommend this company to people who are willing to experience working in a chocolate company and this company is a great start for your career.
productive and fun
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 June 2018
Indeed is unlike anywhere else I have worked. It has an incredibly strong culture for a company that is growing as quickly as it is. Collaboration cross-team is critical, encouraged, and motivating when driving new projects and helping others complete theirs. The overall work/life balance is wonderful and Indeed goes out of it's way to ensure you stay balanced. We have clear goals from leadership and a clear path to achieving them quarter after quarter.
Pros
free lunckes
ok place to work
Quality Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 April 2018
good hours, friendly productive atmosphere, professional, .............great training, good management, lots of free products on breaks and give aways.
Pros
free chocolate products in lunch room
Cons
lots of walking, boring at times
I love to work in ferrero again but I don’t like shift rotation
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 April 2018
I like work as a team I’m very responsible person I have WHMS training I have first aid training.i give to many people machine operating training. I enjoy to work with my coworkers.
Pros
Cons
40 hr
general
Manufacturing specialist (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 March 2018
the hardest part of the job was the rotating shifts
the work place culture is very click based
the most enjoyable part of the job was the product give away's
production
Production Team Leader - TIC TAC Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 February 2018
weekly 3 shift rotation, benefits after 3 months, hard to get full-time unless you got in when the company first opened, not unionized, management....
Great people and job culture
Quality Control Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 February 2018
- Supervisors are very caring. They spend time talking to you and listen to opinions.
- A lot of opportunities in the QA department as the company is rapidly growing.
Multi-Cultural and very friendly environment
Light Packaging, Strapping and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 January 2018
People there are very friendly and very cooperative that always help you when you need help in your job. Although, we only got 20 mins. of break-time but the salary is worth it.
It was a nice place to learn basic factory skills.
Production Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 January 2018
The factory was very beautiful and the work wasn't that bad either, they'd even let you take some snacks out with you on break, overall it was a fun experience.
Pros
Cons
Can't take anything home..
Fair
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON15 January 2018
Good benefits, fair pay, horrible shift rotation, decent management, clean place to work, uniforms provided. Good vacation, good employee sales, generally good atmosphere
Horrible place to work
Back Up Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 January 2018
If you are on the product floor you are treated unfairly , you are a no body. You are easliy replace. If you are a Team leader or above you have it made (you can't do any wrong) favouritism is outrageous in this place. The shift work is really hard on your body.
Pros
Non
Cons
Rotating shift, upper management
Fast paced demanding work environment
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 October 2017
A typical day at work is when you go in your are assigned the line your going to run and the amount of people you need and have to meet the required percentage of work that day.

I learned how to operate a line, work with a few machines, work with computers, how to sanitize and clean each line at the end of the week, direct and be in charge of 10-15 or more individuals at a time.

Clean and safe work environment, but unorganized at times

Lots of great people to work with but those odd individuals here and there that don't like to listen and make your time not as enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job is being in charge of so many employees at a time who don/t always want to listen and having to direct each person and show them how to do there job on the line and still have to run the line and do all your paperwork and ensure everything is correct. Also having people that don't always work well with each other. The rotating shifts are hard from 1 week days to afternoons to nights. I don't like that when you accept a contract its for a short period of time and you don't no if its going to be renewed or not. They can replace you at any time no matter how long you've been there.

The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things everyday and meeting new people. When you get a contract the pay is great too.
Pros
pay rate is great for contracts, reasonable breaks, good people
Cons
Rotating shifts, short time contracts
I had a good experience but I have seen a lot of mistraeatment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 September 2017
I generally had a very positive experience with Ferrero , My line leads were usually very friendly with me and the work was simple. However I had seem a lot of line leads and higher ups be VERY rude to other employees ( especially temps ) . There are a lot of very miserable people there and that is the biggest downfall.
Pros
Work is simple, temperature controlled rooms
Cons
As a temp you can get bad treatment
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant to the Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2017
Great place to work. Lots of international exposure. Room for advancement, based on performance. Great office staff and management. Very supportive with training.
Pros
very friendly
Cons
sometimes long work days
Terrible Workplace
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 June 2017
This company does not care the least about peoples well being or life. They train you tell you, you are doing well and then drop you like a hat, call you a couple weeks later to basically do the same thing.
Manufacturer/Packer (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON30 May 2017
Great working team, great people and reasonable wages! love meeting new people and always had fun on the job! some days are busy but I always get the job done!
One of the best
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2017
Best place to work, earn high end money, and spend a large part of your day. Company is always growing and always looking for skilled workers. Rotating shifts can be an issue if you have a family. Otherwise you can't really complain. Can be noisy and some people can have zero class. But that's the way it is everywhere. Bad place if your past your prime though. Good place for younger people.
Pros
Cash money
Cons
Uniforms don't fit properly
Horrible
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 March 2017
Only way to get in there is through a temp agency, racism against the Muslim workers, safety oversights and HORRIBLE training. Also if u miss a day u lose the job, bad for anyone with health issues or a family. Zero benefits but if u like overtime there's that...
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Temp agencies
Tough crowd
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 January 2017
If you are not offered a contract after your first season, move on. I was a permanent employee and was driven out after they found out I was thinking of going back to school. I am now working in the medical field and will never have to answer to someone with a high school education again. Aim higher, applicant!
Pros
solid hours
Cons
literally everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ferrero. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2