Fernlea Flowers

Fernlea Flowers Pay & benefits reviews

Canada17 reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

A quality place to work.

This job is unlike any job I've ever had. Any position you take here is going to be very niche to the industry, so get ready to learn a lot about plants and a lot about ordering them (if you're in the office). The workplace culture here is amazing - it's a family owned and operated business, and the head office is actually situated on the original family farm. They care a great deal for their employees and treat them like family. A long-time employee's son was extremely ill and they held a fundraiser for him, matching whatever was donated. I think roughly $25,000 was raised. Absolutely incredible. Quality people.

Pros

Family owned, catered lunches, co-workers are the best I've ever worked with.

Cons

Job is niche to this industry, long hours in the Spring (April-June, the rest of the year is great!)

Get salary in writing

Change their minds about bonuses whenever it suits them. Otherwise fairly decent place to work. Need to be physically fit and be able to tolerate summer heat. Nice people at work place.

Pros

Good regional manager

Cons

Hard to trust their promises.

Insights into Fernlea Flowers

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Under paid and over worked

Overworked and under paid. Too much bending down hard on your back. I rather work somewhere else i got paid cash so maybe that's why i was paid so low. My responsibilities were planting, spacing, loading, unloading, labeling, and cleaning when i worked there.

Poor working conditions

Was worked past 80 hours a week. Wasnt paid vacation pay. Was forced to alter truck daily log becaise I was working more than the 70 legal hpurs a week. By far the worst job I have ever had.

Pros

None.

Cons

Excessive hours.

very productive work place

working there is not bad since people there are open with each other and there are no bad habbits like stealing and arguing or fighting

Pros

free lunches and short breaks

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fernlea Flowers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement