Fern Resort Employee Reviews

Chill environment, Terrible people
Employee (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON28 February 2018
I applied to Fern Resort not knowing what I was getting myself into. I was a young and naive, fresh out of high school and had no idea what was in store for me. The employees are all high school drop outs with a teenaged mentality. I did not have a single day of peace since the day I started. Hands down the worst place I have ever worked. If you value your sanity do not work here.
Pros
Free food, access to facilities
Cons
Literally everything else
Great Job!
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON9 January 2018
Sad to leave but had to relocate as I was starting post secondary studies. Would definitely work there again if I get the opportunity! Great work environment and the staff treat you as family.
Pros
free meals
Fun atmosphere
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON5 December 2017
Although I did enjoy my time at Fern Resort, the way I was treated in the end by people I had reallybonded with made me quite disappointed. I hope other's have a better experience than I did.
very comfortable and welcoming workplace with lots of great staff and guests
Play Village (Current Employee) –  Rama Road, ON15 October 2017
I love working at Fern Resort and I believe that it is a great first job to have, you should know that you will more then likey to work slipt shifts. My current job at Fern is working with the kids that come as guests and making their experience of coming to the resort fun and enjoyable.
Pros
free lunch once a week, at least two days a week off and pays well
Cons
split shifts
great people
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON11 July 2017
It was a fun place to work, great people and great staff, good work flow and the benefits of enjoying the resort as a staff member was a new but good bonus to the job
it was okay
Night housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ramara, ON26 February 2017
It was a good job, can be a little stressful at times. Often worked by myself completing nightly laundry and housekeeping duties. The head Housekeeper was a fantastic boss.
Fun work environment
Leadhand Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON9 January 2017
Busy summer days
good co workers
nice environment
advanced my cleaning skills
had alot of opportunity to improve my customer service skills.
furthered myself independently and as a team player.
Great Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON31 August 2016
By far one of the greatest places Ive ever worked. Very fair management, everyone does there best to understand individual situations and trys to accommodate.
it was an okay place
Dining Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON5 February 2016
This job was literally to assist the waiters. I was given the table's order, I had the chefs assemble each salad or entre, I would assemble some desserts. I carried the table's order out to the dining room and left it at the designated station and then notified the waiter their food was ready, the waiter would then deliver the dish to the table. I also had to take the dirty dishes back to the kitchen and sort them for the dishwashers. Then once all the guests had left the dining room the waiters and assistants would clean the dining room and prepare for the next meal, sometimes we wouldn't get a break between the breakfast and lunches because it took so long to clean and prepare. The hours at this job were unstable, sometimes I'd work man long shifts in a week, and other times I would go a few weeks with no work. I didn't get to work with the guests, which would have made the job much better as I love customer service.
Cons
split shiftsand not enough hours
Nightmare
Employee (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON4 December 2015
This place is very sad! Every single day at work I felt unhappy. Desperately in need of renovations, some new management (some is good), better food, new staff lodging. The guests were generally in a good mood being on vacation, and they brighten your day, but that has nothing to do with the employer. It is very far from town so its hard to leave the "resort" if you don't have a car. Also, not really a town you would want to go to anyways (kind of scary) but still need something to do so it's better than nothing. Never ever ever did 80% of the management tell you when you were doing a good job, they only knew how to recognize the bad. They pay is absolute bare minimum wage. Shame!!!
Pros
Free meal if you're okay with mediocre at best food
Cons
Everything else
great place to work
Fine Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON23 October 2015
fun plavce to work. lots to do on your breKS. customers are happy on vacation. work with lots of studentys so you must have patience when training new employees
Fun and enjoyable
Night Clerk/Security (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON7 September 2015
Two jobs rolled into one. I would perform the Night clerk duties by preparing paperwork for the following morning. This would include which rooms are checking out as well as entering the next days activities on the information board.
Security job included walking around to make sure certain buildings were secure.
Summer Job (Not for the faint of heart)
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 April 2015
This was a great summer job. Strong family management, exceptional working culture, and some of the best times of my life.

Opportunity to live "on-resort" and many positions available to move around to.
preparing food
Salad Prep (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON19 June 2014
love preparing foods for the guest, enjoyed working with the staff
Excellent place to learn and grow in a positive environment
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON29 October 2013
Great place to work, the pay could be better, but the other benefits, such as use of facilities, and meals prepared by skilled chef, more than make up for any shortcomings in salary. Excellent management team, and great employees make this an ideal place to work. Very laid-back and relaxed atmosphere, and most jobs within the resort are very easy to learn and get used to. Don't expect to have any holidays to yourself, it's a resort, and that is their busiest time.
Pros
Great management team, meals semi-included while working
Cons
Will be working all holidays such as Xmas, Labour day
free lunch
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON11 February 2013
Kitchen very organized. but the front of the house was always a clutter to be apart of.
Great place to work during the summer
Sports Director (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON25 September 2012
A typical day at work involved interacting with the guest every way possible
- I learned that doing a job that you love makes the job go alot faster
- Great management
-The hardest part of my job was keeping a smile when your having a bad day
- Knowing that you make somebody's day
Pros
lunch buffet