Federated Co-operatives Limited

Federated Co-operatives Limited Employee Reviews

Canada94 reviews
Competitive environment, fair pay for fair work load, annoying voice command
Decent place to work if you can deal with the voice control. Takes time to get used to, but in general horribly annoying to deal with day after day after day. Prone for errors due loud environment, so one needs nerves of steel to be able to ignore the flaws of it. Cracked floors which demolish palette jacks over time, messy product organization not helping one to perform as good as one can. Too far to walk to canteen for a break, and hence not enough time for rest. Awesome managers, HR, very responsive, outgoing and listening. Open door policy to go and say what needs to be said. Adequate safety standards. On par with industry pay rates.
Pros
Adequate work pace requirement, good management, responsive HR
Cons
Voice control, upstairs canteen, long walking distances in and out of building, canteen, shattered palette jacks
Great Experience
As we all know that FCL is a very big organisation which handles a lot of retail coop stores, it will be very busy work which means more experience a person will gain.
Fun place to work
I worked there for a year and a half, and I had a great time. It was a fun learning experience, my department was very fast-paced and a collaborative team. Great culture, and very engaged senior leadership.
Good place to work very energetic
I really enjoyed working for federated coop for my 18 years .. I learned a lot in the warehouse work from picking to forklifting , shipping and receiving..
A friendly work environment
A typical day started at 8 am or thereabout. Checking email and reviewing work tickets from previous days was routine. This would bring me up to speed with my to-do-list which was mandatory. I would reply to emails, action on emails, and even compose emails if I needed to. I would prioritize my to-do-list and start on task 1 on the list. As I went down the list new work requests, request for support with SharePoint and many other administrative tasks related to SharePoint administration would be added to the to-do-list. Occasionally I would attend a departmental meeting or a meeting with my boss.
Apart from supporting SharePoint users, I would hold discussions with users to establish what they would want SharePoint to do for them or how SharePoint would help them in their day-to-day work. I loved this because it was more in line with what I enjoy most - providing solutions to problems. I used various tools to document requirements including Enterprise Architect. After requirements were agreed upon by users I would plan a project to implement the solution. Normally I would design and write code using various tools including Telerik ASP for .NET and a bit of JavaScript. In most cases, however, solutions would be implemented using out-of-the-box functionality including web parts. I would then install my new solution(s) on SharePoint and train users on how to use the solution.

Some of my duties included supporting installed solutions including implementing change requests and adding new functionality.
Large Turnover
Definitely not the company I was expecting. Very behind in there ways, this is definitely a company where it’s more important on who you know, not what you know. Within weeks of being hired everyone who had interviewed me was terminated. The famous “your not a suitable fit”is used by this company. Beware when accepting a position with this company, skills and knowledge are not relevant , it’s more of and old boys club!
Went from Great to Fair
Overall was a great place to work but some changes in reporting structures and some undecided organizational change led to it not being a great place to work. Hopefully the re-organization will soon be decided upon that will hep with the culture.
Employees arre an expense only.
Terrible Management at he mid to high level. The world revolves around Saskatoon. Senior management is concerned only with their Bonus. Employee's are just another expense.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Federated Co-operatives Limited?
na
I enjoyed my two year term at FCL. I was hired on my experience and was able to expand my knowledge base in many areas. The Project Management team was collaborative but also provided a lot of freedom to learn and grow independently.
Non cooperative management
Not a place to make career. Management is rude. Bad work environment. Risky work. They don’t have courtesy to say hello to the staff. People are fired without any explanation.
Corporate environment
Great place to work. Very supportive and encouraging leadership. Relatively low turn over due to excellent pay scales and opportunities for growth within the organization.
Productive and Fun workplace
Most of workers is working hard, smart, and safe. I Learned how to stock properly while im picking. Mangement all of them are awesome, Workplace culture everything is secure and safe clean & green. The hardest part for me is Produce & Freezer. The most enjoyable part for me everytime i'll pick to Groceries section that section is the easiest to pick for everyone.
FCL has great potential and many wonderful people working there
I worked with many wonderful, brilliant individuals in my time at FCL.
FCL has a unique culture that is not what you would expect and might be considered lagging for an organization of this size and influence.
Pros
Great pay, bonus structure and good benefits.
fast paced, stressful, hard work
decent place, people are nice, but stressful and fast paced, good for staying fit, not recommended for everyone but i enjoyed it, pays decently and great benefits
Traditional, autocratic organization
Nicest people I've ever worked at but culture is decision is driven by authority. It's a shame how great of a job people do living up to the values, none of which seem to have any value in autocracy this organization boasts. Regardless of great people with good hearts who want to do the right thing, this is the place where creativity and progression comes to die. If you like status quo and sucking up to the managers, this is the place for you.
Very Positive
I would highly recommend anyone to begin working with the FCL Brand. The work environment, management and all the benefits that come with it are definitely top notch.
Only 3 words to describe the IT department - 1.Politics 2.Politics 3.Politics
They have pretty small IT department but you would find the whole world's politics in here. Worse of the worse management. Zero ethics and professionalism. Top tier management is sucking money from the company by giving contracts to incompetent vendors in exchange for commission. As it's a federation, no financial audit/scrutiny. If you come from a fast paced company, you will have a tough time dealing with people as everyone will hate you if you become super proactive. Managers are afraid of escalating against the vendors as they have contacts at top level. Contractors have zero liability but they take 400% more money than FTE. There is no work from home even if you freeze to death at -50 degree. They run projects for 5 years to extend their contracts and by then the technology becomes obsolete. They will hire you for something and then ask you to do everything except what you were hired to do. If your supervisors say you did great, take it in writing as they stoop to such low level blaming you did nothing when it is time to give performance bonus.

In summary - if money is the only criteria then join here and go 10 years back in your career path else AVOID.
friendly co workers, good benefits and pay
Over all great experience working for federated co-op. I was always able to get time off when i needed. Hours were flexible. Definitely room for advancement as well.
productive
great work if i had a chance to go back and try again i would practice more and be productive its about being creative and being fast , work smarter don't work harder.
hmmm
at first it was nice and good but years passed by it's getting difficult, i know there is no easy job but working here is getting ridiculous, i am grateful working here, but the way it being managed it's getting difficult.
there are lot of good managers and supervisors but the main office really makes it different.
Its fun and very supportive work place
The best senior leadership team. The best CEO. I managed the Computerized Maintenance Management System Program for the refinery Operations. Excellent Project and Great Team. Enjoyed it very much.
Pros
Recognition and respect for employees at all levels
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federated Co-operatives Limited. Our community is ready to answer.